NPC's eating/sitting in the wrong areas.

bamfigms

Has anyone else noticed that NPC's will commonly eat, or sit in your private room if it is closer to their bed than the common sitting/eating area is?

***Very mild spoiler***

An example would be in the first house you can buy. The one in Whiterun, Lydia will go into your bedroom and sit. That's where I always find her at my house.

There are other examples throughout the game in some of the other houses and some of the guilds you can join.

Anyhow I just find it a little odd the the NPC's will hang around in your room sitting around and sometimes eating your food, like some creepy stalker.

They'll also sit next to chairs in mid-air, or the wrong way around on chairs so their legs are going through the back of the chair. I've also seen people sleeping in mid-air, just hovering about 3 feet in the air. I think with Lydia she might be supposed to return to your home since she's essentially your bodyguard, but it still seems pretty funny to see her there after you get married.

They'll also sit next to chairs in mid-air, or the wrong way around on chairs so their legs are going through the back of the chair. I've also seen people sleeping in mid-air, just hovering about 3 feet in the air. I think with Lydia she might be supposed to return to your home since she's essentially your bodyguard, but it still seems pretty funny to see her there after you get married.

That is strange. I have yet to see a levitator like that. Though, with what you said about Lydia.... I'm pretty sure she has her own room in your house. There is another bed that less fancy than yours is marked "owned" I can only assume it is hers. I would think she would sit in her room, or in the downstairs common area. I think what the problem is, is that the NPC's just go to the nearest place to sit, or closest food to eat, and sometimes that happens to be your bedroom.