Oblivion Reborn

WardTheGreat

I know this is a huge task and probably will be the motherload of all mods, but in Oblivion we saw many great mods that can compare to this like the addition of the continent Elsweyr. So I was wondering if some brave modders could take on the task of taking the quest lines and everything in Oblivion and making it anew on the Skyrim engine, and possibly even using the audio files for voice acting from Oblivion? If so the mod would be pure greatness.

It sounds like a great idea because I for one loved Oblivion however its my understanding from requests similar to this that sadly its illegal to take files like that out of one game and put them in another.

It sounds like a great idea because I for one loved Oblivion however its my understanding from requests similar to this that sadly its illegal to take files like that out of one game and put them in another.

Not necessarily krudd. You guys gotta check out Morroblivion. It's still in the works, but is exactly what you are talking about here. You can bet Bethesda threw a big ol' fit about it though, especially because they could do nothing about it legally.

I'd expect work on something like this to occur soon after the mod tools are released, it's going to take some time, but this mod will exist regardless. :biggrin:

I would like to say that I'd prefer less of a port though. Perhaps no Dark Brotherhood questline, and no Main Quest. I'd want more of a "Let's travel back to Cyrodiil and see what it's like 200 years after the Oblivion Crisis" sort of thing.

Morrowind is so much older than Skyrim now though, that I don't think such a mod will ever be put together for that, the devs would have to build it from the ground up.

You know Morroblivion was what I had in mind when I made the comment because I thought that one got closed down (which could have been a crying shame) lol. I agree with you on the "200 years later" idea too.

Having said all this, to fully accomplish a project like this would take a sizeable team I mean does anyone remember "empire's glory"? I dont think thats even finished yet.

Edited by kruddpm