How do I assign the scrap value to a new workshop item?

Hey everyone. I'm trying to create my first FO4 mod, and I'm having some trouble assigning the scrap value to workshop items.

I'm trying to just do something simple. I'm making radioactive barrels into craftable workshop items.

This is basically what I've done -

I'm duplicating the static MetalBarrelRadioactive01 and renaming it to ModRadBarrel01. I assigned the actor values WorkshopAnythingIsGround and WorkshopStackableItem. Then I created a new transform by duplicating workshop_FireBarrel (the craftable fire barrels from Wasteland Workshop) and renamed it workshop_ModRadBarrel01. I set the preview object to ModRadBarrel01, and then went back to the static item and set the transform to workshop_ModRadBarrel01.

After that, I went to Constructible Objects and duplicated DLC02workshop_co_MetalFireBarrel01, and renamed it to workshop_co_ModRadBarrel01. I'm using WorkshopRecipeFilterDecor02Misc for the crafting recipe.

I set the crafting recipe to require 2 steel and 2 nuclear material. Up to this point, everything works fine. I can see the preview in the menu, build them, move them, place them on tables, stack them, etc. However, when I scrap them, I'm only getting 1 steel in return, and no nuclear material. It's my understanding that scrap value is always 50% of the materials needed to build an item. Is this correct?

For testing purposes, I changed it to require 50 steel and 50 nuclear material, and just ended up getting 25 steel for my scrap value. I also tried assigning c_Steel_Scrap (1) and c_NuclearMaterial_Scrap (1) to the required items list, thinking that I needed to manually assign the scrap value. This didn't change anything.

Can anyone offer any insight on this? It would be much appreciated!

Never mind. I figured this out. Someone on the Bethesda Forums suggested that it could be related to a perk, which turned out to be the case. My current character doesn't have any ranks in Scrapper. I was under the impression that this perk only applied to weapons and armor (considering that's exactly what the description says), but apparently this is wrong.

I also apparently misunderstood how scrapping works. I thought that we always got 50% of the required building materials back, which apparently isn't the case. I tried it with 2 steel and 2 nuclear material, and still just got 1 steel back. Then I tried it with 50 steel and 50 nuclear material, and ended up getting 25 steel and 12 nuclear material returned when scrapping it.

So I guess in the case of nuclear material, we get 25% of it returned (24% actually in this case, likely due to rounding).