Completely Overwhelmed... :(

ZpIIlz

Man I wish I had internet like that...

I'm not kidding when I say this...I've lived on the same street for 90% of my life. When dial-up AOL came around in the 90's, we got it right away. When broadband came out, we upgraded. Now, though...the world has moved on to much faster connections, but my street? Still in the 90's...

The ABSOLUTE best internet connection we can get here gives us a download speed of about 300kb/s (we pay for 1mb, but it's advertised as "you can get up to 1mb/s" so that never happens)

So I've never lived in a house that had nice internet, not once.

Only other options are various competing satellite companies and you can't game on that.

Anyway, I'll give deleting the plugins file a go.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not using a home base internet connection here. I am using Cell technology with Enhanced Wireless boosting components.

I am mobile, not grounded. I use custom made software's for android systems to Enhance direct connectivity to Eliminate Trolls that swim on the networks, "trolls = advertisers and hackers".

I do apologize if I made you think there was some sort of based IP here. it's not. When I travel, some times I am in the middle of the desert, Las Vegas for example. there is no internet in the middle of the desert.

It's 2016 and it's half gone now. IF the plans of the leaving President gets his way, we will have pretty much unlimited bandwidth thru Five G networks.

what your using will no longer be valid. Dial up? there is a free dial up for the phone, it's ok for browsing things, but ion no way can you watch a you tube thing or download things.

Blocking software will Enhance your connection speeds by a large amount, I can demonstrate the massive traffic going on now Live if you wish?

but know this, these are on 4g networks. way way up in the spectrum.

EDIT: With the cable companies fighting for surprises over the networks so you have to pay out a premium, your locked into contracts that ensure their income and your loss, and also their ability to throttle the hell out of it all and milk every last soul from their lively hood, take food away from the table.

My advice is to unlock your self from that wall socket money pitt.

Cable companies deliberately lock you down.

offer you upgrades to Enhance their income. Sorry, I put my oldest thru collage know this was coming.

no internet here ever. No TV sets hooked up to any networks, we rent Redbox if we need entertainment or go out and live.

Back on topic: any results?

Edited by Purr4me

I'm having trouble figuring out how to force the plugins.txt to be remade.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to force the plugins.txt to be remade.

launch the games engine from inside steam, the launcher should pop up and reset the games data.

notepad, create a new text doc named plugin.txt open it and place the Fallout3.esm in it and save.

Edited by Purr4me

- Deleted the old plugins file. (The one with Anchorage in it)

- Opened FOMM

- Deselected Fallout3.esm

- REselected Fallout3.esm

- Ran BOSS Auto-sort

- Closed FOMM

- Manually checked NEW plugins file.

- Everything checks out, the file is there and ONLY Fallout3.esm in in the list. No more Anchorage.

- Attempt to launch game through Steam: Failed. Literally INSTANT CTD after launch.

- Attempt to launch game through FOMM: Failed

This really means only one thing...

With no mods at all and the game still crashing at launch with all the fixes applied. I can only assume that my Fallout 3 base game files became corrupted. I may have to re-download the game a THIRD time.

rename the games folder by adding just 1 character to it.

recreate that main folder as Original.

copy the files from this screen shot I am about to post to the new folder you just made.

next, make this folder inside that one. Data <--with the cap.

copy the fallout3.esm file and it's bsa archives into the data folder.

fallout-main.jpg

test Ignition //// does it run or ask for something missing?

Just what i tell you Note: you better not have used an ENB setup or your wasting our time here ,ENB's are known for this

Edited by Purr4me

lol why didn't you say anything before? Of COURSE I've used an ENB. I was using Blackout ENB and decided I didn't like it. After I had the game working again I was going to switch over to Realistic ENB.

But I have completely deleted my Fallout folder and redownloaded and reinstalled the game since I uninstalled Blackout. There should be no trace of it left.

Edited by ZpIIlz