Completely Overwhelmed... :(

ZpIIlz

we have 60 MPH winds here, I'm in the garage picking up whats left of our garage door before my husband gets home, the insurgence agent is almost here too.

Now...you know why you gave me a headache before...yes?

Those files are special files and the game engine picks up all data they are made for automatically.

you can't mix binary files with other packages, they are specif to the instruction held in the ini files, very specific.

you need a vanilla game established and running and a saved game outside the vault 101, hard saved before you start upping graphics changes to the game.

Enb threads here comprise a ton of headaches people have had. Not every PC can handle them nor graphics cards will read instructions. It's direct -x Overrides against the systems software.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's extremely helpful and informative, thank you. And no, I don't feel picked on I appreciate your help and want only to do this the right way.

However, It doesn't change the fact that I have not installed any ENB on this installation of Fallout 3 yet. On the FIRST post on the FIRST page, the original post with the completely messed up load order, THAT had blackout ENB installed on it. I even enabled it before I got out of the vault because I didn't know any better.

Then...on page 5, at 10:32am on the 17th, I posted that I had completely deleted everything fallout in my games folder and from steam. Uninstalled through steam, then deleted the remaining files manually, emptied the recycle bin, restarted my computer. rid of it .Then completely redownloaded the game in Steam and remodded it from square one. THAT installation is the one I'm struggling with right now and no ENB presets have ever been installed to it.

Now I know not to touch the ENB at all until I am well out of the vault and with a proper save.

Yes. That was done at 9am this morning again just to make sure it was up to date.

I am so confused...

Your screen shot of 3:41PM...

I'm assuming you meant "at" instead of "of"? I never posted a screenshot at that time...did I? Pretty sure the last screenshot I posted was at 11:31am.

...doesn't show the xlive.dll or the other xlive file. I am not at my computer and I don't remember the file extension of the second file.

Well...it wouldn't. That screenshot was of my Fallout 3 installation directory. xlive.dll is located in C:\windows.

Edited by ZpIIlz

$2200.00 worth of damage, upper support beam broke, left tower support broke.

the door slit in two and needs replacing. what a mess, + we have a dust amber alert going on here too.

Edited by Purr4me

Copy the files shown here...

Mine were in the FOMM\data\ folder. But done.

...into the game folder, the new one I directed you to make

Do you mean this one?

|

|

V

rename the games folder by adding just 1 character to it.

recreate that main folder as Original.

copy the files from this screen shot I am about to post to the new folder you just made.

next, make this folder inside that one. Data <--with the cap.

copy the fallout3.esm file and it's bsa archives into the data folder.

Because that's impossible. I cannot rename or move my C:\Games folder because there is running programs using the location. It's where Steam is among other things. Attempts to alter it in any way would just fail.

I did copy the three xlive files into C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 3\ though. So there's that.

Edited by ZpIIlz