Completely Overwhelmed... :(

ZpIIlz

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG IT WORKED!

Ok. Now I have Fallout 3 base game and nothing done to it launching through steam without crashing.

OMG IT WORKED!

Ok. Now I have Fallout 3 base game and nothing done to it launching through steam without crashing.

you know why it worked?

because the ini files you had were ENB files.

OH DUH!

Because when I uninstalled Fallout 3, I only deleted the folder inside 'games'. I didn't even THINK to check the ini files. omg...

So this whole time...

D:

It's solved now. Thank you.

On to the next step.

Should I just...open up FOMM and enable all? We already tweaked the load order and the merged patch is still there...would that be too ambitious?

Edited by ZpIIlz

Do NOT install the uuf3p mod...please for Gawds sake don't.

you are no where near needing any patches yet. And that mod screws with the ini files. so leave it alone.

Get established first.

On FWE's Mod pages, there is in the description of that mod a set of estimated load order protocols. use it as a template to install the mods in that order.

OR ! use the 3rd link down in my signature as a guide to install the mods with Fomm, Remember, due to all of this, many many pages posted to date here, you need to install and verify the game runs and does not crash "1 mod package at a time.

IF you can find a more complete listing of mods some where? use the order as an install order so the data that gets overwritten is kept to bare minimum.

Do not install patches until they are required. the fix it mod uuf3p is not a mod, it targets fallout 3. so don't.

I know all there is to know about this games structure and it's ethics.

It's quite a journey, this. (as far as modding projects go) I have learned so much. I am going to start loading the plugins in the morning. I will activate each mod individually and test the game each time.

Here's what I have done with my load order: (link might give you a clearer image)

https://postimg.org/image/w637x5s07/

better.png

Edited by ZpIIlz