Completely Overwhelmed... :(

ZpIIlz

You now have 139 files in your load order and this is without the necessary compatibility patches. Good luck.

139 is fine. Fallout 3 has a maximum plugin limit of 255 data files.

To what compatibility patches are you referring? I have all the FOIP patches that were mentioned in the FWE description. What am I missing?

Edited by ZpIIlz

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after a morning full of repeated launches, I have narrowed the problem down.

Animated Prostitution and both of the blackened compatibility patches are broken or incompatible or something, idk.

But having either of them in my load order crashes the game. Without them, I can launch the game with every single other mod activated without crashes.

I will now attempt to get through Vault 101 to establish a save.

Successful.

The Vault 101 experience was flawless. Ironsights all working, NPCs are using custom weapons, WMK is there and textures are all loading correctly. I flew through with no hold backs whatsoever and made a hard save on the surface.

Headed to Megaton now.

There were a couple of minor adjustments that had to be made first.
- The very first attempt technically did fail there just was no crash. I had forgotten Hair_Pack.esm was actually required for the Shojo race hairstyle textures to function. But to get that to work with Broken Steel DLC, I had to go get the meshes and textures from Sarem's Hair and combine them with a specific compatible Hair_Pack.esp. Anyway, I followed all the instructions, did all the steps. Installed all the hair stuff manually and tested it and it all works great.

- The second thing was a bit more serious because it involved those ini files. DarnUI wasn't doing a darn thing in game. I disabled and deleted the version I had from FOMM and redownloaded a fresh copy from here:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1085562-wipzbeta-darnified-ui-f3/

pre-reading through the install instructions showed me that ini files would have to be edited so I made sure to back up the ones I had already. The FOMM installer for DarnUI automatically edits the ini files for you so after backing everything up I let it go and now it works.

The mouse acceleration in the menus is still a problem but I think I'll just be able to adjust to it. It's fine.

My running speed is about half for some reason. Even the animation is slow. There is a movement speed option in FWE settings that I'll take a look at before considering this a "problem". Though, it might be.

So until further notice (hard to tell at this point. It's extremely early in the game)...

The game works. With all the mods.

All I have to say for now is thank you. The two of you have been an immense help, I was in WAY over my head and you pulled me out of it. Now I am informed and not intimidated by the process at all.

Edited by ZpIIlz

For anyone who is curious...

Current functioning load order. I'm sure there are some arguable points in there somewhere...but it works. Documented.

Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
StreetLights.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
CRAFT.esm
CALIBR.esm
xCALIBR.esm
Project Beauty.esm
aHUD.esm
iHUD.esm
TalonExtraArmor.esm
CINEMATECH.esm
20th Century Weapons.esm
EVE.esm
EWE Energy Weapons Enhanced.esm
Apocalypse Armory.esm
LingsFinerThings.esm
DCInteriors_ComboEdition.esm
Shojo Race.esm
Ez0n3_Fallout3_MyMansion.esm
RH_IRONSIGHTS.esm
HairPack.esm
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm
Mart's Mutant Mod.esm
Mothership Crew.esm
Companion Core.esm
RobCo Certified v2.esm
Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow.esm
RRCompanionVault.esm
RRGuards.esm
RR5MoreMales.esm
RR5MoreFemales.esm
SeducingWomen.esm
Sydney Follower.esp
ImaginatorFO3.esp
MyDog - Globals (keep this active).esm
MyDog.esm
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Alternate Travel.esp
hair_add_npc.esp
BetterGamePerformance.esp
YearlingsGlasses.esp
CRAFT - Activation Perk.esp
Auto Aim Fix v1.1.esp
GNR Enhanced.esp
Dree Perks.esp
MoreMapMarkers.esp
99+2.esp
Rivet City Realignment.esp
UndergroundHideout.esp
GhostArmor HGEC - Conversion.esp
Stealthboy Recon Armor - CRAFT.esp
EWE Supermutant Energy Weapons.esp
Yoko'sOutfits.esp
Lings Finer Things.esp
CALIBR Ammo Schematics - CRAFT.esp
MTCBigTownRobotFix.esp
EWE Load Order Fix.esp
EWE DLC Addon.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
Fellout-Full.esp
Realistic Interior Lighting.esp
F3ProjectRealityMkI.esp
PureWater-NoRad-.esp
GhostArmor HGEC - Conversion FN92 VATSCAM.esp
DYNAVISION - Dynamic Lens Effect.esp
Directors Chair - Fallout 3.esp
Flora Overhaul.esp
Max Level 99.esp
HZSmoothLight - FO3.esp
mantles_for_everyone.esp
BaileysCrossingMetro.esp
DarNifiedUIF3.esp
Apocalypse Armory.esp
Apocalypse Armory - CRAFTing.esp
Apocalypse Armory - CALIBR.esp
Apocalypse Armory - xCALIBR.esp
Apocalypse Armory - DLC Enhancements.esp
Apocalypse Armory - Optional Historical Names.esp
Fellout-pipboylight.esp
20th Century v5 ALIVE (Vendor).esp
20th Century v5 ALIVE (Containers).esp
20th Century v5 ALIVE (NPC_Settler).esp
20th Century v5 ALIVE (Vault 101).esp
20th Century v5 ALIVE (RivetCity).esp
20th Century v5 ALIVE (Raider).esp
20th Century v5 ALIVE (Slaver).esp
20th Century v5 ALIVE (Chinese Ghoul).esp
20th Century v5 ALIVE (SuperMutant).esp
20th Century v5 ALIVE (Talon_Regulator).esp
20th Century v5 ALIVE (Brotherhood_Outcast).esp
20th Century v5 ALIVE (TEST Container).esp
xCALIBR_20CW_v5.12.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Anchorage.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC The Pitt.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Broken Steel.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Followers Enhanced (BrokenSteel).esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - More Gore.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Project Beauty.esp
FO3 Wanderers Edition - Project Beauty (Followers Enhanced).esp
WeaponModKits.esp
WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release.esp
WeaponModKits - OperationAnchorage.esp
WeaponModKits - ThePitt.esp
WeaponModKits - BrokenSteel.esp
WeaponModKits - PointLookout.esp
WeaponModKits - Zeta.esp
WMKAA12Shotgun.esp
Apocalypse Armory + WMK.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release.esp
Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release + Project Beauty.esp
Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow in Fallout.esp
Enhanced Weather - Weather Sounds in Interiors.esp
Enhanced Weather - Sneak Bonus during Storms.esp
Enhanced Weather - REBOOT.esp
RRWastelandPosters.esp
RR Vanilla Companion Integration.esp
RR Companion Vault 20thCW Supply.esp
Companion Core DLC Addon.esp
RobCo Certified v2 Version Updater.esp
RobCo Certified v2 Zeta Addon.esp
SeducedDLC03.esp
SeducingWomen_patch_156.esp
RobCo Certified v2 Omnipatch.esp
RR Companions 250 Follow Distance.esp
Sydney Follower - Load Order Fix.esp
Bagged and Tagged.esp
Total active plugins: 132
Total plugins: 132

Fallout 3 has a theoretical limit of 255 files in the load order. However, in the real world, the game starts to go south after around 125. My game will start to have problems after 122 files. Edited by M48A5

ZpIIlz, on 21 Jul 2016 - 3:03 PM, said:

Successful.

The Vault 101 experience was flawless. Ironsights all working, NPCs are using custom weapons, WMK is there and textures are all loading correctly. I flew through with no hold backs whatsoever and made a hard save on the surface.

Headed to Megaton now.

There were a couple of minor adjustments that had to be made first.
- The very first attempt technically did fail there just was no crash. I had forgotten Hair_Pack.esm was actually required for the Shojo race hairstyle textures to function. But to get that to work with Broken Steel DLC, I had to go get the meshes and textures from Sarem's Hair and combine them with a specific compatible Hair_Pack.esp. Anyway, I followed all the instructions, did all the steps. Installed all the hair stuff manually and tested it and it all works great.

- The second thing was a bit more serious because it involved those ini files. DarnUI wasn't doing a darn thing in game. I disabled and deleted the version I had from FOMM and redownloaded a fresh copy from here:

http://forums.bethso...arnified-ui-f3/

pre-reading through the install instructions showed me that ini files would have to be edited so I made sure to back up the ones I had already. The FOMM installer for DarnUI automatically edits the ini files for you so after backing everything up I let it go and now it works.

The mouse acceleration in the menus is still a problem but I think I'll just be able to adjust to it. It's fine.

My running speed is about half for some reason. Even the animation is slow. There is a movement speed option in FWE settings that I'll take a look at before considering this a "problem". Though, it might be.

So until further notice (hard to tell at this point. It's extremely early in the game)...

The game works. With all the mods.

All I have to say for now is thank you. The two of you have been an immense help, I was in WAY over my head and you pulled me out of it. Now I am informed and not intimidated by the process at all.

You are doing fabulous now, caution is NOT being thrown to the wind. That in it's self tells me you learned a valuable lesson in all of this.

Seeing that makes me happy. So my time here has not been wasted.

The offer still stands for learning to get into things a bit deeper about modding data, not just the game but in general, tricks that have been learned that surpass any thing posted here. For that? we need to use steams messaging system to Eliminate delays and you will have direct instant access to me for help.

My steam ID is seen in some of my posts but here is it any way [ kittyballoffun ], we like yarn, like to play.

Cat's love mice...to eat. have any mice? well you do, Logitech mice have been known for issues with gaming in general, on some games they perform as designed, this games format? leaves a lot to be desired.

sections of the game that are separate but are also integral are these.

1. ini /My documents/My games. ini storage.
  2. C:\users\(username)\apps\local\fallout 3 <---folder Core settings storage.
  3. Data folder menus IF extracted or added on "interface folder" Major cause for headaches. (*.xml's)
  4. Root, where the main exe and launcher reside.
  5. Graphics Boolean's, AKA launcher auto settings, are not the same as Fomms access.

and a whole lot more yet to come. These tricks have required a tremendous amount of effort and time to learn.

I carry a very dam good post i found (around with me in my signature) that contains Invaluable advice, a grounded set of facts NOT written by me so there is no bias here. read it.

as I see here, you have insight and are into the game in the way I thought you might be. That is encouraging.

It's been a pleasure serving you. :laugh: :cool:

Kitty Black

Fallout 3 has a theoretical limit of 255 files in the load order. However, in the real world, the game starts to go south after around 125. My game will start to have problems after 122 files.

Ah, I see. Experience speaks for its self there. I can't help but wonder if this has to do with how complex the plugins are. Maybe Fallout 3's engine WOULD recognize 255 plugins but they all have to be, like, "moon re-texture".

You are doing fabulous now, caution is NOT being thrown to the wind. That in it's self tells me you learned a valuable lesson in all of this.

That I have. I have been taking this very seriously. My objective changed once I had started the thread. It was no longer about getting my mods to work, that was just the theme. This was a life lesson that, instead of taking place physically out in the world, took place here. I will be able to take what I have learned here and apply it elsewhere in the future.

Seeing that makes me happy. So my time here has not been wasted.

Oh trust me. The feeling is mutual. There were a couple times in there I thought about giving up, but couldn't just because so much effort had been put into it already. But more importantly was it was collaborated effort. Quitting on myself would mean quitting on those who assisted me as well. Now the work is done and the goal has been met. Totally worth it.

The offer still stands for learning to get into things a bit deeper about modding data, not just the game but in general, tricks that have been learned that surpass any thing posted here. For that? we need to use steams messaging system to Eliminate delays and you will have direct instant access to me for help.

It's tempting...I'm always interesting in learning. For now, though, I'm interested in playing. :P I will have to get back to on this.

My steam ID is seen in some of my posts but here is it any way [ kittyballoffun ], we like yarn, like to play.

my Steam ID is the same as it is here: ZpIIlz.

Fun story: That's Z P i i L z. The "IIl" in the middle is two upper-case i and a lower case L. You see, my gamer tag for everything and my IRL nickname, is SpiLz. Which is just a play on the word spills because I am clumsy and tend to make messes. But you'd be surprised how many places "SpiLz" is taken. So I substitute it with SpIILz. I add a second i to make a roman numeral of 2, signifying it's the second rendition of my name. However, On Steam AND the Nexus forums, for reason unknown to me, "SpiLz" and "SpIILz" were both taken. So I had to make a third rendition. Making the L lower-case adds a third line to the II making it the roman numeral of 3. Hence: SpIIlz. BUT THAT WAS TAKEN TOO! fhlsalsjfhg

So my name is the FOURTH rendition: ZpIIlz. Which I hate because I have to explain that that's two i's and an L. I've been thinking about a unique name that would be original everywhere. But I've been using spilz for over 10 years now. It's sort of part of me.

Cat's love mice...to eat. have any mice? well you do, Logitech mice have been known for issues with gaming in general, on some games they perform as designed, this games format? leaves a lot to be desired.

Nope. No mice. Did have a pet rat once, though. He was actually a surprisingly fun pet to have. Named him Splinter.

Anyway, I've HEARD people having problems with Logitech hardware in some games before, but the experience has eluded me until now. I've used the G5, G9x (I LOVED that mouse), and now the G502 and they all work great. Hell, even my sister's little wireless M325 seems to work on just about every surface imaginable. I HAVE had some problems with the software, though. I have played games that just straight up don't recognize macros at all. So I can't record any functions. Just works as a regular mouse in that game. I've seen the same happen with my roommate's Razor software too, though. Guess you can't win em all.

OH...I DO have to complain about the cables, though. Almost every single Logitech thing I've owned, the connection goes bad in the cable before anything else. They put braided cables on their hardware like Razor does now, too. So after like a year of use it's all frayed and crap. My G13 is just barely hanging in there still because of this. If I move it at all it shuts off. That just cheap hardware, though. Not software problems.

sections of the game that are separate but are also integral are these.

1. ini /My documents/My games. ini storage.
  2. C:\users\(username)\apps\local\fallout 3 <---folder Core settings storage.
  3. Data folder menus IF extracted or added on "interface folder" Major cause for headaches. (*.xml's)
  4. Root, where the main exe and launcher reside.
  5. Graphics Boolean's, AKA launcher auto settings, are not the same as Fomms access.

It's never easily in one place, is it? :P

and a whole lot more yet to come. These tricks have required a tremendous amount of effort and time to learn.

I carry a very dam good post i found (around with me in my signature) that contains Invaluable advice, a grounded set of facts NOT written by me so there is no bias here. read it.

I actually had given this a read already. Very informative and entertaining.

as I see here, you have insight and are into the game in the way I thought you might be. That is encouraging.

It's been a pleasure serving you. :laugh: :cool:

Kitty Black

I'm glad this turned out to be a positive experience for everyone. I feel LEAGUES more intelligent and confident about this situation than I did at the beginning. I did some surfing around and looked at some of the problems others are having with their games (fallout and skyrim both) and 99% of them I know the solution to purely because of this thread. I don't want to go as far as to claim I'm some sort of guru now, But I have gone from someone who had NO idea what they were doing to someone who has a complete understanding of the process in a matter of a few days.

I can't thank you enough.

Having a bit of an argument with myself about this ENB. I may have to accept the fact that I'm not going to be able to use it just because of my monitor.

I mentioned this a few pages back, but my monitor is cheap. It's a 32" vizio that was like a hundred bucks or something. So it doesn't have a 1080 display. It's really not meant for gaming at all. So I HEAVILY rely on AA a whole lot to polish over that misfortune.

To get an ENB to wok, though, you have to disable AA and AF altogether else suffer the wrath of graphic glitches all over the place. The ENB then takes over that mechanic with it's own AA but it sucks. There are only two settings for the ENB AA, on and off. When it's on it must be like 4x or something because I don't notice any difference.

Basically, I'm sacrificing 10-20 fps sometimes to make the game look worse. While the shadows look nice and the sun glare is cool, it doesn't make up for the non-aa edges everywhere at 40-50 fps. I'd rather sit at 60 like all my other games.

*checks readme*

Yeah, says here that Realism ENB doesn't support hardware AA. Which I desperately need. Definitely ditching the ENB. Oh well, If I want to see graphics, I'll play Doom or Metal Gear.

OMG the game looks so much better and runs so much smoother without the blurry ENB. I know that can all be adjusted, but my indecisive OCD mind has finally settled with the vanilla settings. My hardware will thank me for it.

--------------------------------------

The other issue I'm having is much more serious because it makes the game nearly unplayable and extremely unenjoyable. My file is actually still camped out in front of the Vault because of this. I haven't even made it to Megaton yet.

My character runs in slow motion.

I'm not sure if it's an animation mod or what, but my characters movement speed and animations both are in slow motion. Turning the movement speed up to 5x in FWE doesn't seem to help either. Even at that pace I'm slower than walking normally.

That, and the Dimonized Type 3 Bodies aren't loading, either.

----------------------------------------

I was able to get Type 3 bodies to work by disabling and re-enabling Archive Invalidation. I kept reading that others were having the exact same problem and that the solution was to activate Archive Invalidation. Mine was on, of course, but it wasn't registered in the mod until I turned it off and back on again.

This fixed the movement speed as well.

Edited by ZpIIlz

LOL ! "It's never easily in one place, is it?" ah no, it never is. But people in general will assume it is.

Might be because of default setups every one is used to. C:\Program Files And Folders (x86)..etc ..etc. 64bit systems.

(x86) being the designated folder for 32bit software. <--that can be considered a windows Virtual folder...you have to think hard about what's going on in the software industry to grasp it.

What sneaked in here were the permission updates from MS across the globe. Thus causing massive confusion. Hidden attributes and then, the games setups are of a Vintage variety as far as path statements go.

Anything they could do to further software sales? Entice the populaces to update things, they have done and continue to do.

Windows 10 Enterprise is going Subscription service and that means you will be paying for that OS monthly.

End of the month ? nothing will be free any more.

Imagine those running that and games? what a gigantic mess is about to unfold every where.

I fully understand a lot of people are scared of what's to come. I can only suggest to keep a cool head about things and think it through.

Fallout 3 in it's birth, had it's many many patches, and I have a link to a web site that hosts every single patch the company ever made for it.

They know they released a rushed product. 1.7 being the last update for this product.

IF un modded, and played out in a very clever fashion, you can complete the entire game with out a single crash.

It's when you change things in game that causes many thing to simply stop working. Chase your tail, CTD after CTD.

This games software is NOT optimized so you know in advance.

It takes a great deal of time and patience to do just that. It's not click and go. you need to smart about things. know what to touch and what to leave alone.

To group it all as though one person built this is the biggest mistake one can make. IT was a team effort and many many people changing things, some left the team, and new ones took their place and made changes.

To call the master file complete? is really asking for trouble.

The bad thing is DRM. they needed some way to protect their products and used the wrong things at the time of release. Steam, how many people loath steam have no idea steam is there to protect your investments and provide services in a quiet manner.

It's not great, but it is there. Who services SecurRom? which is in the Vanilla CD 2 disc product? No body. windows 10 currently will not allow you to install the DLC CD packages at all. So no DLC content. Thanks MS for that.

imagine the world as it is unfolding today. we are in for it yet.