Completely Overwhelmed... :(

ZpIIlz

hm...I thought that I'd just ignore the glitch for now since I thought that it was only happening with the motorcycle. Turns out there are guns doing it as well.

http://3.1m.yt/sblgAf.jpg

So I went in and checked for the files you pointed out...only to not find them. At all. Anywhere. I went into my mods folder (the archive of manually downloaded mods on my external, not FO3 mods folder) and sure enough I have FWE Part 1, FWE 6.3 Patch and FWE 20th CW patch. NO trace of part 2 whatsoever. I am so confused...why is it missing? Why didn't I notice that when I re-installed it before? Baffled...I re-downloaded part 2 and am installing it now.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your really excited, this I can see, i'll let you alone to play the game now, you learned enough from AND are having fun.

let me know when you "can't fix something" and I'll be happy to help out.

kitty

your really excited, this I can see, i'll let you alone to play the game now, you learned enough from AND are having fun.

let me know when you "can't fix something" and I'll be happy to help out.

kitty

Well, I was...

Fallout 3 crashes about every 10 or 15 minutes now. I played all the way through the vault fine, went to Megaton and did the Power of Atom Quest perfectly fine, but upon venturing further out into the wasteland to complete "Animal Rescue" for My Dog, and "Finding Johnathan" for Underground Hideout, I find that the game struggles to run.

When loading new areas, I don't just get frame rate drop, I get like 5fps for a few seconds then it recovers. The game straight up freezes for a couple seconds at a time. It's brief...but annoying.

Inside anywhere, I get 60fps. But, out on the surface, SOMETIMES I can get 50-60fps in SOME places. But pretty much it's 15-20fps everywhere. Now, I have a decent computer. I can understand because of so many mods that 10-20 fps drop is to be expected. But 15-20 fps is unplayable to me.

Type 3 bodies textures still aren't working correctly. The textures load on my player character (which is why i thought it was working yesterday) but that's all. NPCs bodies look like a garbled mess.

Every once in a while I'll be walking along and the outdoor lighting will change dramatically and very sudden. Like someone turned the sun on like a light switch. Just walkin' along on a gloomy overcast day, then all of a sudden BING it's bright out now.

Also, periodically, I will save somewhere in complete safety, but when I load that save there are enemies all around me. It just happened a few minutes ago after completing the "Finding Johnathan" quest. I saved after speaking with him, no one nearby. Then wandered off and got attacked and re-loaded to prepare myself. Except suddenly now there are like 6 wild animals all clipping with one another in the same exact spot. Like a whole group of them spawned at once at the same exact coordinates. It happened in a different spot with super mutants. I saved, alone, in safety, but when I loaded I was literally surrounded. Ruined my save.

Some of things are likely unavoidable. Others may be fixable. The FPS can probably be dealt with by adjusting settings, The loading lag spikes might just have to be the way it is. It's the same for me in MineCraft, too. The Type 3 bodies textures can be fixed somehow, I know it can. But the weather thing, I'm not sure. That might just be a glitch. Same with wild creatures spawning oddly, might just have to live with it.

The only thing that NEEDS to be changed is the scary one. I have to figure out why the game crashes every few minutes and I'm fearing the worst.

Every once in a while I'll be walking along and the outdoor lighting will change dramatically and very sudden. Like someone turned the sun on like a light switch. Just walkin' along on a gloomy overcast day, then all of a sudden BING it's bright out now.

post current load order

Also, periodically, I will save somewhere in complete safety, but when I load that save there are enemies all around me.

that's a mods settings. "spawns"

Except suddenly now there are like 6 wild animals all clipping with one another in the same exact spot.

Spawns again, added on mod.

The Type 3 bodies textures can be fixed somehow

I think I explained that in the PM. requires a show and tell, but not here.

But the weather thing, I'm not sure

Load order will tell me what's what.

with the advent of "fomm" we have the required tools on hand. open it, click on the very last saved game or more recent saved game.

with it highlighted, at the bottom, there is an export button, xport it to the desk top and post it's contents here.

Then wait.

Other things that a saved game can tell me is the stats of the character, Normal operation is a slow down in functionality when the character needs rest, this comes from knowing what FWE files do to the game structures. any mod that adds things to make the game harder AKA hard mode will cause this to compile.

mesh and textures not optimized or are seen by the game engine to be unreadable will cause a CTD too.

FOR instance, .14mmpistole.nif from a weapon mod will shut down the game. Not because the game can't read but because the file it's self is corrupted.

that's an example.

Edited by Purr4me

post current load order

Here's the load order as you suggested it. I used the latest "hard" save. (There is a quicksave that is 2 minutes newer than it) and exported the list through FOMM's Save games tool.

[X] Fallout3.esm
[X] Anchorage.esm
[X] ThePitt.esm
[X] StreetLights.esm
[X] BrokenSteel.esm
[X] PointLookout.esm
[X] Zeta.esm
[X] CRAFT.esm
[X] CALIBR.esm
[X] xCALIBR.esm
[X] Project Beauty.esm
[X] aHUD.esm
[X] iHUD.esm
[X] TalonExtraArmor.esm
[X] CINEMATECH.esm
[X] 20th Century Weapons.esm
[X] EVE.esm
[X] EWE Energy Weapons Enhanced.esm
[X] Apocalypse Armory.esm
[X] LingsFinerThings.esm
[X] DCInteriors_ComboEdition.esm
[X] Shojo Race.esm
[X] Ez0n3_Fallout3_MyMansion.esm
[X] RH_IRONSIGHTS.esm
[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm
[X] HairPack.esm
[X] Mart's Mutant Mod.esm
[X] Mothership Crew.esm
[X] Companion Core.esm
[X] RobCo Certified v2.esm
[X] Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow.esm
[X] RRCompanionVault.esm
[X] RRGuards.esm
[X] RR5MoreMales.esm
[X] RR5MoreFemales.esm
[X] SeducingWomen.esm
[X] Sydney Follower.esp
[X] ImaginatorFO3.esp
[X] MyDog - Globals (keep this active).esm
[X] MyDog.esm
[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Alternate Travel.esp
[X] hair_add_npc.esp
[X] BetterGamePerformance.esp
[X] YearlingsGlasses.esp
[X] CRAFT - Activation Perk.esp
[X] Auto Aim Fix v1.1.esp
[X] GNR Enhanced.esp
[X] Dree Perks.esp
[X] MoreMapMarkers.esp
[X] 99+2.esp
[X] Rivet City Realignment.esp
[X] UndergroundHideout.esp
[X] GhostArmor HGEC - Conversion.esp
[X] Stealthboy Recon Armor - CRAFT.esp
[X] EWE Supermutant Energy Weapons.esp
[X] Yoko'sOutfits.esp
[X] Lings Finer Things.esp
[X] CALIBR Ammo Schematics - CRAFT.esp
[X] MTCBigTownRobotFix.esp
[X] EWE Load Order Fix.esp
[X] EWE DLC Addon.esp
[X] dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
[X] Fellout-Full.esp
[X] Realistic Interior Lighting.esp
[X] F3ProjectRealityMkI.esp
[X] PureWater-NoRad-.esp
[X] GhostArmor HGEC - Conversion FN92 VATSCAM.esp
[X] DYNAVISION - Dynamic Lens Effect.esp
[X] Directors Chair - Fallout 3.esp
[X] Flora Overhaul.esp
[X] Max Level 99.esp
[X] HZSmoothLight - FO3.esp
[X] mantles_for_everyone.esp
[X] BaileysCrossingMetro.esp
[X] Apocalypse Armory.esp
[X] Apocalypse Armory - CRAFTing.esp
[X] Apocalypse Armory - CALIBR.esp
[X] Apocalypse Armory - xCALIBR.esp
[X] Apocalypse Armory - DLC Enhancements.esp
[X] Apocalypse Armory - Optional Historical Names.esp
[X] Fellout-pipboylight.esp
[X] 20th Century v5 ALIVE (Vendor).esp
[X] 20th Century v5 ALIVE (Containers).esp
[X] 20th Century v5 ALIVE (NPC_Settler).esp
[X] 20th Century v5 ALIVE (Vault 101).esp
[X] 20th Century v5 ALIVE (RivetCity).esp
[X] 20th Century v5 ALIVE (Raider).esp
[X] 20th Century v5 ALIVE (Slaver).esp
[X] 20th Century v5 ALIVE (Chinese Ghoul).esp
[X] 20th Century v5 ALIVE (SuperMutant).esp
[X] 20th Century v5 ALIVE (Talon_Regulator).esp
[X] 20th Century v5 ALIVE (Brotherhood_Outcast).esp
[X] 20th Century v5 ALIVE (TEST Container).esp
[X] xCALIBR_20CW_v5.12.esp
[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp
[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC The Pitt.esp
[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Anchorage.esp
[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Broken Steel.esp
[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp
[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp
[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Followers Enhanced (BrokenSteel).esp
[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers.esp
[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers (automatics only).esp
[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - More Gore.esp
[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Project Beauty.esp
[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Project Beauty (Followers Enhanced).esp
[X] WeaponModKits.esp
[X] WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release.esp
[X] WeaponModKits - OperationAnchorage.esp
[X] WeaponModKits - ThePitt.esp
[X] WeaponModKits - BrokenSteel.esp
[X] WeaponModKits - PointLookout.esp
[X] WeaponModKits - Zeta.esp
[X] WMKAA12Shotgun.esp
[X] Apocalypse Armory + WMK.esp
[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release.esp
[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release + Project Beauty.esp
[X] Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow in Fallout.esp
[X] Enhanced Weather - Weather Sounds in Interiors.esp
[X] Enhanced Weather - Sneak Bonus during Storms.esp
[X] Enhanced Weather - REBOOT.esp
[X] RRWastelandPosters.esp
[X] RR Vanilla Companion Integration.esp
[X] RR Companion Vault 20thCW Supply.esp
[X] Companion Core DLC Addon.esp
[X] RobCo Certified v2 Version Updater.esp
[X] RobCo Certified v2 Zeta Addon.esp
[X] SeducedDLC03.esp
[X] SeducingWomen_patch_156.esp
[X] RobCo Certified v2 Omnipatch.esp
[X] RR Companions 250 Follow Distance.esp
[X] Sydney Follower - Load Order Fix.esp
[X] AdjustedWeather_Anchorage.esp
[X] AdjustedWeather_PointLookout.esp
[X] AdjustedWeather_Main.esp
[X] DarNifiedUIF3.esp
[X] Bagged and Tagged.esp
First thing I notice is DarNifiedUIF3.esp is at the bottom in the "follower and weather mods esp" section. It's not supposed to be there.
Second thing I notice is this:

[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers.esp
[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Restore Tracers (automatics only).esp
[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Project Beauty.esp
[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Project Beauty (Followers Enhanced).esp
Are those redundant files?

that's a mods settings. "spawns"
Spawns again, added on mod.
To be honest, The creatures spawning aren't really a problem. Just hinders immersion. I will poke around in the settings to see if I can adjust this, though.

I think I explained that in the PM. requires a show and tell, but not here.
You did. I hadn't responded to it yet because I was caught up in playing, but now I'm caught up in FIXING again so I'll take a look at it.

Normal operation is a slow down in functionality when the character needs rest, this comes from knowing what FWE files do to the game structures. any mod that adds things to make the game harder AKA hard mode will cause this to compile.
I actually learned this last night. I was not taking carry weight, worn armor, skills and stats into consideration. My movement speed was so slow before because I was nearly over-encumbered and wearing armor. Lightening my load and resting up recovered my strength. I absolutely love this mechanic now that I understand it.

mesh and textures not optimized or are seen by the game engine to be unreadable will cause a CTD too.

FOR instance, .14mmpistole.nif from a weapon mod will shut down the game. Not because the game can't read but because the file it's self is corrupted.

that's an example.

Is there an error report that can be accessed to diagnose the crash? There are so many items in the game even without mods it would be a nightmare to figure out which one was corrupted.
Edited by ZpIIlz

[X] BetterGamePerformance.esp <<<< please delete that, it already is loaded with stuff other mods need and will cause undue harm to game play.

--------------------

[X] F3ProjectRealityMkI.esp <---that;s your abrupt weather change there, uninstall it.

--------------------

[X] 20th Century v5 ALIVE (TEST Container).esp <---inspect this plugin for 14mm data and any weapon mod listing that weapon, delete all references to that weapon along with any assets, it's a ported weapon anyway. 20th was removed for stolen or other assets / permissions and possibly other things I can't recall right now.

-------------------------

[X] AdjustedWeather_Anchorage.esp
[X] AdjustedWeather_PointLookout.esp
[X] AdjustedWeather_Main.esp

list link here for that mod, it may be overriding other data and also causing conflicts. I need to know to be sure. +

look at it ,its' out of order as well...Main is topside always.

Edited by Purr4me