Completely Overwhelmed... :(

ZpIIlz

My thoughts exactly. I'm going to go ahead and call this thread finally dead. I'll make a new thread in Fallout 3 Mod Talk (since this is primarily about mods working together)

*whew*

What a process that was...on to the adventure!

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ZpllLz : IF the shot deals with trouble shooting, here is appropriate as long as it stays so. We try in vain not to abuse the nexus.

So it's important to encompass that with the shots, there needs to real attributes for the shots.

you scour the Empire of the wasteland and look for errors so we can address them if at all possible. Post those when problems occur.

I am always watching these threads and this one holds Good Value in my book so it sits on a book mark.

your were taught the basics only. The magic ? lol, that's yet to come.

I will give you an example of what I mean.

Paradise-Lost.jpg

The above shot was done with strictly default languages and data, no out side assets are Encased here.

And this. Bellow can show you if care is taken, you can end up with a real fantasy world.

It's all in one imagination.

I have made some that exhibit horrors beyond things legal for this place so I can't am not allowed to post them, but real holistic, horror images as if the real deal did happen. Just need to take your time and work out smaller bytes at a time.

Screen-Shot2222.jpg

This can not an will not be replicated.

Kitty

Edited by Purr4me

You either have an incomprehensible amount of knowledge for this games' engine (like, more than Bethesda), or you have one of the most powerful computers in the world. Because you can't make the game look like that by just enabling plugins in Fallout Mod Manager and still expect it to work correctly. You have done something special there.

If I were to use what knowledge I have to get my game to look CLOSE to that, I'd have to use 20 different mods and I'd get 10fps everywhere. I am baffled you were able to create that environment with default data.

But fair enough.

If I run into anymore problems, I will relay them here. Even if they are minor and I'm not concerned about them being fixed. I'll post them here in case someone wants to pick their brain.

Edited by ZpIIlz

Because you can't make the game look like that by just enabling plugins in Fallout Mod Manager and still expect it to work correctly. You have done something special there.

Just plugins, default ini files, no ENB's just a lot of hard painstaking work, desire for a look.

people here will take the same effort on their characters, or a mod world space . what or how you learn is by doing.

The data used was optimized AKA real magic, this game is not optimized, it was slapped together for a fast buck.

shot 1 is just using only oasis tree's but assigned to specific parts of the world space. the FPS as your worried about would be in the toilet if you were to attempt this with out optimizing the software before beginning. the raw materials from the bsa archives are just a mess.

Once the data is all on the same page, set for a particular pixle usage, then you can pump up the display graphics and not have any issues at all with FPS. So fast, it can make one sick, dizzy even.

the PC ? ah no, simple APU/CPU. not really a power house. But heh , there the catch, the limits you need for this kind of magic are from that units specs, just below specs even allows spike, the ram never see's it's ceiling.

The shot Num 2. Two mods, textures only. One mod for darker Environment and activity in game, and 3 weather mods combined.

last mods used, 3 in game graphics mods, some you even use. and the very last controlling mod is Fallout3 Remastered to set up the code correctly and adjust accordingly..as if it were a tool to gauge things by.

Shot 1 is all default 100%.

Fallout 3 is my game, I know how to play it well.

Done all the things possibly you can do to break it and learned what NOT to do.

you don't even want to see what I have done with the others. No body does the same thing.

No body does what i do Either. except break things...badly.

So I hang about and try like hell to teach others.

9 years and I finally see roses made...9 years !

Just plugins, default ini files, no ENB's just a lot of hard painstaking work, desire for a look.

It's too bad Bethesda didn't bother with any of that painstaking work when they were developing the game in the first place.

people here will take the same effort on their characters, or a mod world space . what or how you learn is by doing.

That, I've seen. Some of the effort put into these mods is awe inspiring. A Tale of Two Wastelands comes to mind.

The data used was optimized AKA real magic, this game is not optimized, it was slapped together for a fast buck.

Man I wish I could optimize my game like that. I've always been real tech savvy, but I'm all hardware and OS. Software modification is, dare I say it? ...a vast wasteland. Hence why we are here. :tongue:

I have always hated Bethesda for pumping out their products the way they do. They have a GENIUS idea for the perfect RPG, then ruin it with hasty development. It wouldn't irritate me as much if they had someone like EA breathing down their necks, but they don't. Bethesda is their own development and publisher and they make their own release dates and set their own budgets. They COULD be the James Cameron of the video game world (Take a long ass time to come out with anything but only release epic masterpieces of perfection). But they just aren't. I don't want to jump on the "Beth relies on the modding community to mop up after" bandwagon, but it really seems that way.

shot 1 is just using only oasis tree's but assigned to specific parts of the world space. the FPS as your worried about would be in the toilet if you were to attempt this with out optimizing the software before beginning. the raw materials from the bsa archives are just a mess.

Once the data is all on the same page, set for a particular pixle usage, then you can pump up the display graphics and not have any issues at all with FPS. So fast, it can make one sick, dizzy even.

AH! I was wondering where you got those trees from. Your custom trees are probably a lot more intelligently merged into the world than Vurt's Flora Overhaul. (No offence, Vurt, but there are totally floating trees and flowers growing straight out of tarmac. :tongue: )

I almost certain that the FPS issues I see are a direct result of improper optimization of files. I know what a properly optimized game looks and feels like (Metal Gear V, Doom 4, Crysis 3, ect.) I bet the game would run 60fps everywhere if it were perfectly set up. However that's done. *shrugs*

the PC ? ah no, simple APU/CPU. not really a power house. But heh , there the catch, the limits you need for this kind of magic are from that units specs, just below specs even allows spike, the ram never see's it's ceiling.

Ah. So it's a matter of what the game engine can handle, not how much power is handling it. Furthering my belief that my game can run spectacularly good if I knew what to do.

The shot Num 2. Two mods, textures only. One mod for darker Environment and activity in game, and 3 weather mods combined.

last mods used, 3 in game graphics mods, some you even use. and the very last controlling mod is Fallout3 Remastered to set up the code correctly and adjust accordingly..as if it were a tool to gauge things by.

Shot 1 is all default 100%.

A very clever utilization of mods. I doubt many people think of doing this this way.

Edited by ZpIIlz

Here's a fun one:

Sometimes, I choose to close and restart my game (it does not crash) because footsteps, voices, effects and radio don't work. Only music. Changing their volumes in settings doesn't do anything. Simply saving and restarting the game will solve the problem temporarily.

Other times, the footsteps, voices, effects and radio are working fine. But the music is just the main menu music stuck in a loop. Saving and restarting also eludes this until it comes up again.

I am struggling to get the program to comprehend what the "window" means. It's like talking to a tractor, really. I have three screens, I don't want to alt+tab every time I want to switch out of the program. If I could get it into windowed mode, I could force-full screen with Borderless Gaming. But no matter what I do it starts in full screen.

Switching between programs with alt+tab is what's creating the audio glitch.

Ah. So it's a matter of what the game engine can handle, not how much power is handling it. Furthering my belief that my game can run spectacularly good if I knew what to do.

correct and that is the only reason I'm here...to make sure you learn that.

1. Crysis 3 <---that game right there , you can take it apart using the tools made available for it and learn what was done.
  2. Crysis 3 <--- Not only is it more intense than this game, it has even more data flow than this one or ANY Bethesda game to date.

the very methods from it are applied to these games here. They used Direct-x as a modifier.

here, all that's been thought of is just a single 3d39.dll ? seriously ? that's the best anyone can do?

I know companies deliberately kill some of the data for intel graphics chips, and the reason why they did that was hardware rights. Floating points issues in the cores. This leads to things out side this arena so I'll stop there with it.

-----------------------------

Havok basics is rudimentary at best, Microsoft is now total owners of that software, they bought it out right for use and control of upcoming investments. Bigger than Just games. insider-stories and connections allow me for knowledge of things to come..no more being said here.

Speed-tree is a software vender that made those tree's.

Lost-Dreams.jpg

As you can plainly see; that group does not consist of any textures or mesh files to make these tree's. That's how I did that shot.

1 single plugin did all of that and it was very small too, no hit on game frames. 60 +

remember the folder I asked you to make? see if you do.. the reason is future proof.

people do things, some times things we do not want nor understand or do things we do understand and do not want.

Do you understand this concept?

you should now because I just taught you all about that. Your living the concept now. lol. did what you were told to do and got results.

Optimizations, there are already links here about that. it is what you optimize and do not touch that matters most.

• No guns
  • no characters or body mods
  • no buildings
  • no animals / creatures
  • no anno
  • no clothing's / armor

and a few other things I'll just keep to my self. The point HERE is, you as a user are just given basic instructions on some of the tools.

Your not taught to use them properly. So ,as a result? we have messy mods running about all over the scenes.

all that does is stir up hate, discontent ,trolls, Know it all's, you name it. people become haters of other people because they lack the know how of how things work...or were intended TO work.

that folder is Source, it is your source code and what you put into it must remain on your drive after you run all the processes on it.

That we have not spoke about but have hinted to it.

this game will run on Blank Empty bsa archives so you know.

why do that? and I know your dying to find out.

kitty.

Edited by Purr4me

Here's a fun one:

Sometimes, I choose to close and restart my game (it does not crash) because footsteps, voices, effects and radio don't work. Only music. Changing their volumes in settings doesn't do anything. Simply saving and restarting the game will solve the problem temporarily.

Other times, the footsteps, voices, effects and radio are working fine. But the music is just the main menu music stuck in a loop. Saving and restarting also eludes this until it comes up again.

I am struggling to get the program to comprehend what the "window" means. It's like talking to a tractor, really. I have three screens, I don't want to alt+tab every time I want to switch out of the program. If I could get it into windowed mode, I could force-full screen with Borderless Gaming. But no matter what I do it starts in full screen.

Switching between programs with alt+tab is what's creating the audio glitch.

ok lol, thanks for the good laugh. all that is the operating systems doing. Something you run is not letting go of data it's reading before the engine gets it.

Cheeeeeeeky game software and new OS. During the game setup, there needs to be a shared setup first so all appear the same on all screens.

That means before any games or support software's get installed.

recall dxdiag ? which monitor does IT apply too? this is a hint. check it out.