Completely Overwhelmed... :(

ZpIIlz

What is going on D:

It was all going so well until I simply started a new file. Didn't touch anything else. Seriously, didn't even OPEN mod manager. Just deleted my old save, started over. Now the game's crashing left n' right.

Ok. Focus.

In my inventory...is quite a lot.

I looted EVERYTHING out of Vault 101 and I'm currently carrying 322/390.

http://1.1m.yt/oyNWErK.jpg

I have walked from Vault 101 to Springvale, then to Megaton, then to The Car Dealership to activate FWE Alt Travel Motorcycle. Then back to Megaton and now here I am. I'd LIKE to go inside, do The Power of Atom really quick to get the Megaton House and unload all my gea-

I completely forgot about the Underground Hideout. While I have not done the 'Finding johnathan' Quest yet, I won't be able to enter the Underground Hideout completely. But there IS a safe you can use right there at the beginning that doesn't have to be unlocked, it's free to use. I'll go unload there. :3

In the mean time. It's probably all those M-92 Berettas that are causing the problem. Those dang gun mods.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, hopped on the ol' FWE motorcycle and fast-traveled to the Underground Hideout. Tried to save, crashed.

Gonna try the suicide trick.

hm...quicksaved in front of Megaton just fine. (before trying to suicide-load)

it worked lol. I giggle at that every time. Something corrupts in the files somewhere (or something) and it's remedied by letting the game load from death.

I just used the command 'tcl' to disable collisions and "walked" way up into the air, then enabled it again. Fell to my death. Loaded, quick-saved (no crash), quick travel to Underground Hideout, hard save (no crash).

Edited by ZpIIlz

However, it has just now crashed while LOADING underground Hideout. I have never crashed there before. These crashes are very frequent now.

---------

Second try loaded successfully, unloading inventory.

---------

Unloaded Inventory, Quick-save > Crashed.

I have to suicide-load again to recover the file.

----------

Worked.

tcl suicide > auto-load > enter hideout > empty inventory > hard save

I now just have 3 stims, vault 101 armored jump, 10mm pistol and ammo.

----------

Immediately after emptying inventory, Exiting the game caused it to crash. Not sure how that works but it happened.

Edited by ZpIIlz

Whatever is causing the crash has to be fixed before moving on. I auto-loaded from death, saved, quick-traveled to Vault 101 (closest I could get to the 'Animal Rescue' quest marker), then crashed again on a hard save. Something is wrong, obviously.

Basically the game keeps crashing whenever I try to load or save anything. Auto-loading from death allows the save to be successful but the game just find a reason to crash again in minutes. Ultimately I have to continuously keep dying to make any permanent progress in the game.

Edited by ZpIIlz

you use Largeaddress aware "CFF" program? pull up the engine version.

Something looks like things were not patched fully, it acts as though the game is not patched VIA 1.0.0.2 to 1.7

I know better, steam is already 1.7 but it acts as if that's the case.

And no, the uuf3p is not what I am talking about, that's just a mod user made.

post your load order using fomm as the method please.

something Sly is sitting there.

in spring vale, there is a place for safety storage, here is that location. put all your stuff in that from vault 101.

That silver trunk. in the games main menu, turn off all auto saves and use casm as a save manager, set that to 1 minute intervals and leave it alone from that point on. The glitch is possibly a script that has become corrupted due to unfinished , you say you have not completed the key quest, that script is running always. The death reset function also resets graphics too. It defaults back to 800 x 600.

your characters health status is important, if you are weak, you will crash a lot.

safty_storage.jpg

Edited by Purr4me

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/3729/?

INTRODUCTION:

Cipscis' Automatic Save Manager, or CASM for short, replaces Fallout 3's saving system so that you no longer have to rely on only a single autosave or quicksave to fall back on.

This is achieved by cycling through a certain number of saves, so that older saves are still overridden but there are also always previous saves available if you need to reload a save earlier than your last one.

CASM creates saves in three ways:
- Automatically after a certain length of time
- Automatically after certain events
- Manually with the F4 key

You can quickly load your last CASM save with the F8 key

though it states you need FOSE running, hint: you don't