Completely Overwhelmed... :(

ZpIIlz

regarding the GECK version...

To find the program in the first place, I simply googled it:

http://4.1m.yt/MDEGgWB.jpg

Which led me here...

When I posted the screenshot of my GECK version, I hadn't realized there was an "1.5 update" link right beneath it. I literally just now downloaded the patch and attempted to install it.

http://4.1m.yt/d3xp-l6.jpg

When installing the 1.5 update patch, I get an error at the beginning, an error at the end, and an unsuccessful install.

http://4.1m.yt/nnqsFFP.jpg
http://4.1m.yt/uGwTxGz.jpg

Edited by ZpIIlz

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now ; your thinking this, IS Kitty a real witch? what kinda Voodoo is she up too? How in the heck can this be?

Download the document we supplied to you and follow the instructions to the letter , but OMIT the N v idea tweaks or AMD things as your PC is incompatible, it's specific to those machines.

There were many many applications from day one of this games birth up to 1.7 engine and many many versions for regional differences too.

I strive for perfection and keep all things based strictly on the English platform so every tweak made available to the most popular games are listed for ENG. only.

This narrows the playing field considerably, one language, 1 fix.

You know I have an extensive grasp of this game, here is a small reason for that. (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_patches)

I learned from every ones else, it just does not happen overnight.

What is not there are the techniques in how to combat version control, this in it's self requires (Voodoo) man, real balls if you have them.

A deep understanding of whats going on with in the industry and DRM control.

Before you even attempted to update the geck, I had already made you aware you were not going to be successful.

----------------

Break:

---------------

Off topic for a moment.

1. because you posted, made every one aware of this and not I, by the Doing of the action, you have struck a cord for gamer here.
  2. The very reason I know what mods were made with and why some mods will not work with each other is due to this reason.
  3. During the GECK update ,as with the 1.7 update programing, these two setups have the required needed decryption software to allow editing the master files for these games. You watch the files being edited under an automated sequence of events.
  4. Focus...pay attention to small details.
  5. Focus, watch the file sizes change.
  6. Both programs adjust things for newer version controls, so. a mod built for 1.7 will NOT run on default installs period.
  7. Same thing applies to Fose Opt codes. <--- you gain knowledge by paying close attention to small details.
  8. Left over Junk, things done that are sitting in the background waiting to be acted upon..mainly the game to run...in a hidden folder.
  9. One nasty thing windows does is Hide default install information AND the DLC content in a folder no where near the game install location.
  10. xlive dis abler was built by the same PRO that built Fomm, you think maybe he might know something?

Things like that are things just ignore, no one places any stock in them, and those no ones suffer for it. Always in a rush.

There are reasons we don't post all of this in one place, there are other reason we won't bother to go to these length s to teach all of this stuff.

Believe me, I have had enough of my share of shear ignorance with a lot. I am still here ,attempting to get these important facts out there and it may even be considered a waste of time.

So, on topic....Am I a witch? Am I casting spells on people? last..and this is troll bait so don't respond to it. (Am I ignorant ).

OR Am I justified in how I do things? Whom benefits from all we do?

----------------------------

I here by cast a spell, a challenge to any one to duplicate the game fallout 3 with out using ENB's, with out using FOSE, with out using memory tweaks ,with out touching the ini files, and do as you said could not be done...use only mods and methods I have posted.

See if I am a witch OR a Mistress master ?

-----------------

Or am I wasting even more time.

Focus, follow directions stick to the program.

Now ; your thinking this, IS Kitty a real witch? what kinda Voodoo is she up too? How in the heck can this be?

Not far from it, actually. I have always considered myself technologically inclined. I've never had a problem fixing any issues with windows software and intel hardware. And any time I had come along something I didn't recognize, I learned it. But this realm of software modification you've introduced me to is, well, overwhelming. Excuse me if I'm utterly mystified at the complexity of it all.

But. As a minor word of encouragement. Time and energy used here will not be wasted. I'm still here, I'm still trying to stay focused (all this "work" is putting me off. I'd like to actually play something.) But I still have the vision in my head of what I want my Fallout experience to be like: exactly the way it was when I played it "incorrectly" with all the mods. Just no crashes and higher FPS.

I am going through the PDF. I've almost downloaded everything (it takes a few hours with silly pretend internet). Then I'll start going through the steps.

this "work" is putting me off

you decided you wanted a more of an education based on real life circumstances dealing with the Environments of and educated person...ME..and I am offing that so the troubleshooting experience is Enhanced by leaps an bounds.

Complexity ? you bet sweetie, it's very complex, whats even harder is putting it all in words here and condensed down.

I'd like to actually play something.) But I still have the vision in my head of what I want my Fallout experience to be like: exactly the way it was when I played it "incorrectly" with all the mods. Just no crashes and higher FPS.

Privately I have been in contact with a team member: his estimates about your situation was spot on. I too take advice, I am not all knowing, I derive a set of circumstances by what is put to me and try like hell to figure out what would most likely be beneficial to you and any one whom might stumble across this.

There is no manual set in stone. I have to use My own words.

The statement made to me was all the data you have shown is a miss-mash of mods made from different versions and 99% of them will be incompatible with today's mods. Coupled with that evaluation I was made aware of the information posted about your setup listed in your profile BY you. "3 monitors" and an old very old system, I seen one of those at best buy 10 years ago.

My conclusions have to be the same. XPS all in one? intel based? and throw in all that fallowed to date.

Fallout 3 by it's self is a simple game, small too. Even though it was a rushed product, it remains a simple game.

Coding, work a rounds for DRM's AKA version controls is an art. It's not plastered all over the internet, and for good reason.

The structure laid out is an upward slope ,you can't go backwards, a one way street. FOSE very limited text on their page pretty much tells you this about their offerings. And it is based off of this games functions and updates.

This is knowledge not known OR posted in the open. In either case, you ask me to help you in a specific way, I have to talk to others to confirm things for me to draw a conclusion. From that, the Facets open and data flows.

I keep handy posted data in my links here from others. a very basic lay out made by others. I do that for a reason...because it's all valid.

The only thing that gets invalidated are things other people do to change the validity of the main games structures to be of a different structure.

Any version of the geck will not compile these invalid scripts, and you need to power up, change how the kit does this, that changes what it produces and still , it can't on it's own compile the products after it was produced.

"your statement to me was , most mods must use Fose today" it's not too far of a reach, but FOSE is not part of this product, It's a result from changing this product.

That is change, versions were updated and again more change. there is no room left for valid content, there is no more Fallout3 Vanilla software.

So, the mods you use are a massive mix of all of that. It's enough to really "put you off". There is no way for a common user to know all of this "complexity's" NONE.

Instead, it's expected one knows this before hand, (assume) assertions made. ever spit that word? 3 ways? "(assume)"

--------------------------------

Hidden behind a Vail of obscurity there lay's wonders in any of these games. Our hands are tied by rules and we must play with in those rules.

We must learn to Either DO without ,Or Overcome these rules while remain true to them.

45 pages here to date, a renounced discussion and eye openers.

I do realize I can make your head hurt, it will hurt for a short time until you see that hidden world show it's self to you ,then the pain is just plain gone ,instead, you will truly want more and more and more.

Just click the top link here in my signature, open that page in Full html as a individual shot, down load it, then use windows photo viewer to zoom in.

Any time you feel lost, or frustrated, look at those grouped shots. they were once all here, I deleted them. Why I deleted them was due to some one else stealing my content and uploading to foreign web sites as their own.

Now, I took steps to have all of them removed, all that remains are in Googles cache systems. Has nothing to do with the nexus it's self, has to do with theft of my stuff. All things here are complex.

I am a believer the Lore of the game is lame..whether or not a true apocalyptic even after 200 years would remain barren or not, I don't believe that to be true, so Kitty's worlds have plants, growing things and no more roads, as they are all covered up after that amount of time.

Mods i have made and never shared nor uploaded.

The only hint you get are in those shots. I can make patches on the fly using the GECK and nothing else and they work right off the bat if I am given all the correct details of a the problem for any user as I have done so.

There was a user, still here that had crashing issues in a very tight place, used a mode "winter-edition", when I investigated the data, it was all due to a single Tin can in another adjoining cell, a world object out of sync that should have not been there.

+ snow piles in a subterranean tunnel? well we can't have perfection always, we can just get close. But snow in a sewer? sorry, that told me I needed to fix that one issue and just leave.

That entire session was private and I keep it still in my PM. It's some one Else's work, I just found the exact hitch pin causing the issue.

Nothing here can be expected to be perfect. But for me...it's a lot of fun.

1. Drop in /overwrite with fake exe.
  2. run 1.5 update.
  3. run 1.7 update.
  4. Test run GECK, verify version
  5. reboot "must reboot."
  6. test game raw ,Directly OR if you wish ,thru steam.
  7. GECK being fully updated means the engine no longer matters.
  8. Test game though Mo
  9. test Mo through steam and game through MO.
  10. Verify games runs under steams overlay so you can use achievements and qualify the games data.

Not difficult. IF there are things interfering with the game from the OS? well, that requires other dig's.

you can tell windows not to mess with the game or it's components.

NOTE: as long as a game runs in windows, windows is in control. The game must use OS data as a resource.

Antivirus programs interfere, windows firewall CAN interfere.

Updated GECK
http://4.1m.yt/ZdOp6rV.jpg

After a reboot, I tested the game through steam. Runs fine. Looks like complete crap, like, wow. But it runs. Still crashes when launching from MO, though. With or without sources.

ok rename current MO folder, reinstall mod organizer to the same place but not over top of it. What's going on, what went wrong was our doing or rather your doing.

Ok , you now have a fully updated GECK meant for 1.7 game, But, this geck here is for Original retail versions, the work around I have shown you is strictly to update that GECK. Now it's there. Now, refresh the steam game cache, you will see steam replace that engine, the current file size will show this.

It looks like crap because the game engine is now retail as the procedure causes this. IT will look better, I promise.

For MO, we need to have it reset its' default structures..but here, you have a choice, IF you wish, you can make a new folder to stash your game file in, a copy of the game and Mo will / can target that instead of the steam common folder.

from this point on, steam will never need to launch if you decide not to update the game files, we would then need to Enhance how it appears.

I know the current graphics look really bad. Could not be helped, it is a mismatched code just to fix a Bethesda GECK issue. A DRM control flaw for that program.

But, lol, you have now learned a thing or two. once Mo is brand new, Move the old "mod" folder to the new MO and overwrite...Just the MOD folder, nothing else.

IF you have default ini files and NOT ENB;ed to death, Unedited ? copy those directly to the games root folder next to the GECK executable.

we know from there and from now on, the game it's self will use those instead but Mo, will draw from the My documents / games folder.

you have to learn how the game reacts to things.

ok rename current MO folder, reinstall mod organizer to the same place but not over top of it.

Done.

http://3.1m.yt/q_c1pNA.jpg

refresh the steam game cache

Done.

http://3.1m.yt/xC1N7R.jpg

It looks like crap because the game engine is now retail as the procedure causes this. IT will look better, I promise.

Yeah, I know lol. I was just shocked to see it in action. Games' old, though so it's understandable.

once Mo is brand new, Move the old "mod" folder to the new MO and overwrite...Just the MOD folder, nothing else.

Done. There was nothing to overwrite, but it's moved.

http://3.1m.yt/ISyzCIy.jpg

IF you have default ini files and NOT ENB;ed to death, Unedited ? copy those directly to the games root folder next to the GECK executable.

There shouldn't be anything left of those ENBs. I was done with those a while ago.

But, done.

http://1.1m.yt/wFEIP7I.jpg

What's next?

Edited by ZpIIlz

in mo, link in Fomm from where you had already installed it.

in C:\users\username\apps\local\fallout3\ delete any *.cfg file you might see there, DO not delete the plugin.txt file but open it and inspect it's contents.

anything look out of place, tell me.

close, open mo, run fomm sort. close. Just to be sure there isn't any thing else writing to the data streams, close mo and reopen it and run the game.

if all works as intended, we can restart the procedures if you wish.

Sources 2 will never ever be used we just need it there to make sure other things you add will be shown to you from other mods.

the PDF should have a list of files moved out.

now, mo is tricky to learn, if you have not Enabled the bsa archive under archives tab, do so now.

currently I know whats in the sources folder, there are sound files in sub folders there, you must retain exact folder structure when removing extracted sound / voice files from the source folder, this will too cause crashing.

but not on load...On load crashes are missing master files or needed data such as the bsa archives because we are using MO. IF you have duplicates?

archives in both locations? data folder and mo? this will cause an instant crash too.

bsa archives in some installs, depends on what your intentions are, need to be default if you intend to use MO as a main modding tool.

IF you do not intend to mod the game, then archives for DLC content, NO sound just mesh and texture bsa's need to held in MO. Leave all voice, misc, sound data in the data folder.