Completely Overwhelmed... :(

ZpIIlz

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After you install that and "overwrite all, there will be a new folder within the game main. Not the data folder " Install Info ", in there, extract these templaces and drop them in and overwrite.

these are vintage templates for the mods no longer supported which you have.

Together , you should no longer receive error messages or online requests.

Deleted: KB

I am going to remove this link after to download the files.

Edited by Purr4me

k. got em.

oh wait...the links were the same. nvm.

Got it.

Except, I installed it, and now when I try to launch FOMM I get

Unable to execute file:

*game file path*

CreateProcess failed; code 740.

The requested operation requires elevation.

Edited by ZpIIlz

see, fallout3.esm is hard coded to be first so the data listed above it is not even read. Ergo is why I asked for that stamp / plugin contents because I knew something else was wrong some where.

xedit works only one way, and the way it works, there is no error that can be claimed for what you were doing from IT.

the numerical values kept changing file names but not that slot. Fo3 is the master file for the whole game.

see, fallout3.esm is hard coded to be first so the data listed above it is not even read. Ergo is why I asked for that stamp / plugin contents because I knew something else was wrong some where.

xedit works only one way, and the way it works, there is no error that can be claimed for what you were doing from IT.

the numerical values kept changing file names but not that slot. Fo3 is the master file for the whole game.

Ah ha. So the problem the whole time was that there were mods that ended up on the load oder before the base game somehow. Not really sure how that's possible since I completely deleted everything and started over fresh, but hey.

But if that's the case, then why did everything appear to be normal in FOMM?

Unable to execute file:

*game file path*

CreateProcess failed; code 740.

The requested operation requires elevation.

-------------------------------------

where did you install it too?

C:\Fomm OR D:\Fomm

IF you installed in program files and folders (x86) uninstall it and reinstall else where.

Scratch what I said about FOMM not launching. it was a fluke or something because it launches fine. That error was given to me when I hit the "launch FOMM" button from within the installer wizard after it was finished. Obviously didn't work. But if I go to C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty\GeMM\fomm.exe runs fine and everything's there. Except now the version number is 0.13.21.

But if that's the case, then why did everything appear to be normal in FOMM?

-----------------------------

when your done puting things where they need to be and have used the drop down BOSS from inside Fomm, then go back and look at the plugin.txt file, you will find it a lot cleaner now.

Fomm is passive, that's why.

Except now the version number is 0.13.21

Last know fully functional version "yes", that's correct. This game is fallout, it's not New Vegas or skyrim, this game has had it's day of patches, last known patch is 1.7 and has not been updated while the other games have been.

Authors update programs when the games update. When Fallout 3 was decided to be Obsolete, the authors pulled up stakes and just left it.

The file I sent you was picked up by a user to carry on but also got caught up in the updating cycles too, only not for this game, Just NV game.

I could write a book. Thinking it not so popular if I did.

The guts of fomm now reside and edited for new slated games "NMM" but does not have all that's in this.

Fomm has in it all the earlier modding tools combined. access to all sorts of neat things built right in ...in it's time.

It's not just a sorting tool, it's an editor too for plugins ,bsa archives, builds archives, edits other parts of the game too, shaders, oh boy what a book I could write. It also picks up any version of xedit too, you can run things right from inside of fomm.

Edited by Purr4me

when your done puting things where they need to be and have used the drop down BOSS from inside Fomm

By "drop down BOSS" (so my new DJ name) from inside Fomm, I'm assuming you mean Load Order > BOSS Auto-Sort? Because that just gives me an error:

Missing Master List

Unable to locate master list. Please update by clicking Help -> Check for update in the menu.

I am an error message magnet, I swear.

Edited by ZpIIlz