Simple Follower turned into massive headache help

I had plans for my character to become a follower . You can view the thread and all the issues I ran into here : https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4656360-upcoming-follower-need-voice-actress-and-modders-help/

I decided to just create a basic standalone follower with fully voiced dialogue, but that turned into wasted time and a lot of unneeded stress. It's at the point where I'm pissed off that bethesda always makes half-assed things, and developers rarely bother to polish off programs and make sure they function correctly.

Yes. I understand nothing is perfect, but the amount of issue's I'm running into are beyond unacceptable.

Yes. Everything on my end was done correctly.

Yes. I was very careful.

Yes. I've been fooling around with computers, coding, ect for years so I'm not a tech-newbie.

But it's at the point where I need someone to hold my hand and walk me through the process because spending almost every day, for the passed few/several days, with something that should take an hour (minus the voice acting being added in), it's ridiculous. I'm about to drop the entire project unless someone has the heart to help me through this to completion. The creation kit is the wackiest thing I've ever worked with.

I'd even let someone have control over my computer remotely and show me how it's done.

here's my current problems:

1. The custom body from CBBE is now distorted any doesn't have the body I see in-game playing as my character. After i finished her the first time, and got her work in-game, the face and body were damn near a perfect match, except for a few vertexes in the eyes and brows, and a discolored forehead.

2. I fixed the forehead color, but now she has the horse face.

3. I can save the .esp, but now the the exported face magically disappears right after and is no where to be found. All the fixes I used before are no longer working (Run as administrator, set security settings for the folders to full control, other stuff)

I spent so much time on this because I had a lot of free time, but unfortunately for this, I have a life, and that time is running thin.

So please, if anyone can help, or even accept the files from me (head mesh, body meshes, textures) and recreate her for me, I'm confident I can add the custom voice myself and polish up anything else.

Project cancelled. Too much time wasted, too many problems, too much stress, the Creation Kit is thee absolute worst program I've ever had the displeasure of working qith. And I've worked with some complicated things.

Programming is always like that. In fact most programmers look for things they don't know how to do ...

What you call a headache is really just a puzzle looking for a key. Finding the "keys" is what programming is all about.

Some people call this a life long love, some call it a headache. Programming isn't something you just decide to do one weekend.

It in fact takes years to fine tune yourself. Nothing will ever come easy. This is why not everyone can program.

One of the greatest things a programmer needs to understand is not how to do everything correctly,

but to know where to look to see how to do it correctly. Focus on knowing where your answers are,

rather then knowing the answers ... time and repetition will build your knowledge.

Thanks for the words of wisdom. Unless someone knows why her body is invisible and why she keeps shaking and how to make the merged mesh look how its supposed to....because I've searched to the ends of the internet

honestly this right here is the only thing that gave me the most progress http://www.skyrimmods.xyz/2016/07/mafk-my-facegen-texture-file-made-in-ck.html

also opening some mods crashes the creation kit, some already made ccbe mods. and i can notice my skyrim slowly deterioating (i made backups of everything though)

I don't get how using the ck hurts skyrim? Im literally not doing anything different and not doing anything im not supposed to and im not making any changes to any masters or important files ect

im gonna call it a night though and try this tomorrow if i get off work early

Edited by NerevarII

Programming is always like that. In fact most programmers look for things they don't know how to do ...

What you call a headache is really just a puzzle looking for a key. Finding the "keys" is what programming is all about.

Some people call this a life long love, some call it a headache. Programming isn't something you just decide to do one weekend.

It in fact takes years to fine tune yourself. Nothing will ever come easy. This is why not everyone can program.

One of the greatest things a programmer needs to understand is not how to do everything correctly,

but to know where to look to see how to do it correctly. Focus on knowing where your answers are,

rather then knowing the answers ... time and repetition will build your knowledge.

Very true! I am not a good programmer myself and I get frustrated too easily, but it's all worth it for that "aha!" moment when you finally "find the key". Of course, it is generally best to choose projects that are suitable for one's level of experience before attempting to take on more complex challenges.

Strictly speaking this is not a Simple Follower Mod because your using CBBE - consequently it may not be the CK that's causing the problem here. Hence, as suggested previously you need to find someone who has already made this work.