Why is dual wielding so gimp?

lolzeeee

lolzeeeee I don't want to further the argument that you are bad, but you haven't allocated skill points very well if you are having that much trouble with dual wielding. From the beginning what I did on my dual wielder, is I would put points into health once every three levels, and the other two would always go to stamina. The point is you either kill the enemy with stealth, or you kill them as quickly as possible which is where the high stamina comes in.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can plow through mobs quite easily dual wielding. I have one point in flurry and one in the base one-hand perk constellation. I use ancient fine nordic axe and ancient nordic sword. The only thing I havent been able to tear up is the vampire master in the shrieking cavern or whatever its called.

SPOILERS!

You can plow through them EASIER using a 2h weapon AND you get to parry!

You can plow through them EASIER using a 1h weapon and a shield because you get to block and stun!

Logical conclusion: Dual wielding is GIMP

lolzeeeee I don't want to further the argument that you are bad, but you haven't allocated skill points very well if you are having that much trouble with dual wielding. From the beginning what I did on my dual wielder, is I would put points into health once every three levels, and the other two would always go to stamina. The point is you either kill the enemy with stealth, or you kill them as quickly as possible which is where the high stamina comes in.

I've responded to statements like this at least three times. If you're fighting a group this is a TRASH strategy and requires you to spam potions and you run out of stamina after doing it to 2-3 enemies. I'm at 160 health 200 stamina so it's not like I ignored stamina.

Your argument is that you can do fine if you play like a berserker but guess what you can do even better as a berserker using 2h weapons!

eg: dual wielding is GIMP

Edited by lolzeeee

I've responded to statements like this at least three times. If you're fighting a group this is a TRASH strategy and requires you to spam potions. I'm at 160 health 200 stamina so it's not like I ignored stamina.

Your argument is that you can do fine if you play like a berserker but guess what you can do even better as a berserker using 2h weapons!

eg: dual wielding is GIMP

i don't know why, duel wield is so crap, i think the makers where thinking.

go duel wield you'r the assassin kind of type, while i do sneak around duel wield.

my prime type of combat ain't really assassin type, i more a of a upfront kind of guy, and duel wield sux ass for this.

i was haveing major game trouble with the killing Morokei, to a point i was almost about to cheat (normal mode)

that guy smoke my ass in 2 lightling hits, (i was level 24 with normal skyforged weapons)

duel wield is massive overrated, and i sugest nobody waste talent points on this, even being a blacksmith is worth more.

If you want to just fight stuff straight up you are better off with 2h weapons. I tried both and I much prefer my 2 handed war hammer to duel wield maces, its not just about preference I'm a power gamer, and the war hammer just does better damage overall. And the dual wield mace power attack takes too much endurance, and the damage is usually wasted. So I almost never use it, and stick to using the single power attacks, then I quickly decided that I may as well just go with a 2h character if I wasn't going to use the dual wield power attacks. And you need less perks for 2h also. I got the 5 for damage, 3 for ignore armor, and the critical charge. If you wanted to duel wield maces, you would need the extra perks for improved dual wield, and its simply not worth it. Every single one of my perks is well placed and meaningful to my play style if I don't use it I remove it with the console and put it somewhere else. Edited by Beriallord

It's not, you're just bad. :confused:

Ah yes, the ever popular bad argument. I'm bad because fighting a Wight Lord on adept difficulty was impossible when strategising, attempting to dodge attacks then go in and hit him once while getting out as soon as the engine allows (and still getting hit by some sprint power attacks) didn't work because he outhealed my inconsistent stream of damage?

And I was playing good when I finally decided to just spam power attacks on him, take all the blows and spam potions to attempt to get through it?

So being bad is being strategic and being good is being a gamey retard?

Wonder why your damage is so inconsistent...

Personally, I have no problems with dual wielding except against 2h bosses. They can 2-3 shot me. And honestly, yeah. Think about your choice of weapons. You chose two weapons. Not a giant two hander, not a shield, but two swords. You are not defensive. You are offensive. You go in and tear things up, that's what you do. That's what I do.

Against a group, you have to take them out asap or be tactical about it taking them out one at a time. You wouldn't run in the middle of a gang and start hitting them would you? No, you'd use a more tactical approach.

I'd love for a parry function, maybe one similar to dark souls that parries their attack and hits them. Maybe an evasive perk? 15-20%? (more?)

Ah yes, the ever popular bad argument. I'm bad because fighting a Wight Lord on adept difficulty was impossible when strategising, attempting to dodge attacks then go in and hit him once while getting out as soon as the engine allows (and still getting hit by some sprint power attacks) didn't work because he outhealed my inconsistent stream of damage?

And I was playing good when I finally decided to just spam power attacks on him, take all the blows and spam potions to attempt to get through it?

Personally, I have no problems with dual wielding except against 2h bosses. They can 2-3 shot me. And honestly, yeah. Think about your choice of weapons. You chose two weapons. Not a giant two hander, not a shield, but two swords. You are not defensive. You are offensive. You go in and tear things up, that's what you do. That's what I do.

Against a group, you have to take them out asap or be tactical about it taking them out one at a time. You wouldn't run in the middle of a gang and start hitting them would you? No, you'd use a more tactical approach.

I'd love for a parry function, maybe one similar to dark souls that parries their attack and hits them. Maybe an evasive perk? 15-20%? (more?)

problem i encounter teens of times, to a point of insanity

2 handed weapon got a block, while duel wield will get hit, even with slowed time, again a major duel wield crap.

i killed the bendit orc, with a system glitch other he 2 hit kill me, while stading on barrels he cant hit, while you can nuke his ass.

supoce this is game balance this day's

if the orc, supoce to 2 hit kill me, i sudden 1 hit kill him

I'm really looking forward to some blocking and `dodge` mods...

in 1st person at least, dodge shouldn't be incredibly hard to do do it like a power atack, but either left, right or backwards, but I'v never modded an elder scrolls game, so can't be certain, as for in 3rd person... don't care. it's not a third person game.

atm I never duel wield... out of stamina in seconds, defenseless always!

You just criticized me for having crummy damage against a Wight Lord and then said you had trouble with 2h bosses are you serious? That's the very reason my damage was inconsistent, he had a 2h weap that had a frost enchant. It was terrible.

And I disagree, dual wielding should have three functions:

Run in and tear everything up

Sneak and destroy with double backstab

Or tactically wear down, single out and dispatch enemies one at a time

And the last has been horribly neglected.

There's no real reason to not be able to parry when dual wielding. 2h weapons deal superior damage and come with a parry option.

All weapons seem to have advantages and disadvantages but calling something gimped because you cant use it well is foolish....plenty of people have had great results with duel wield. Just cause something sucks for your character does not mean it sucks.