Why is dual wielding so gimp?

lolzeeee

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, after (looks at Steam) 55 hours of playing, I'm only just now finding out that the style of combat I've been doing is "gimp". Nevermind that I'm level 43, have been playing at Adept, with the only deaths I can remember being a few times I misjudged climbs down from cliffs, the Dragon Priest at Shearpoint, and a bad encounter with giants at level 15 or so (didn't realize how powerful they were, was pwning everything up to that point and was like "lol let's go kill them easy-peasy", got sent sailing from that smash attack. For that matter, that's why how the Priest killed me, I underestimated the hell out of him (killed the dragon on the peak, was like "Oh, how hard can this zombie thing that's spawning be?" Dead in seconds). I will definitely delete this character due to how bad my DPS is compared to a 2H character and switch to legitimate methods of combat gameplay asap.

With master-crafted (read: I made them) equipment, the swords enchanted with Absorb Health + elemental damage enchants and the armor a combination of resists, stamina regen, and health bonuses, I haven't had any issues whatsoever beyond a few hairy moments and the times above. Even when my power attacks miss (say I misjudge my timing, the enemy backs out of range, etc.), I can still do decent 1-swing damage. Absorb Health keeps me going in extended (longer than 5 second) fights where the enemy is fighting back. I even use Light Armor for the stamina regen perk rather than trying to tank with heavy armor. I suppose Elemental Fury would work out, except I like my enchants too much to give them up and my stamina would deplete even faster.

As said several times, yes, I am squishy, but this is the point of two-handed, be it sneaky rogue dagger-wielders or full out berserkers (I.E. me). If a fight isn't done in a few seconds, then I'm taking way too long. Not that it usually takes longer -- even in places where enemies are spread out/have archers, I will just sprint around as necessary, typically having enough stamina available to power attack at least once (and anything outside of dungeons typically dies in one hit, Dragons excluded of course). My most-used Shout is actually the Freeze one, I find it handy when I have large numbers of enemies/distant enemies peppering me and refusing to come closer. Also, all but the hardest dragons fall so bloody easily, after about 6-7 seconds of me doing my best Dwemer spinny-blade-trap impression.

Edited by angrytigerp

Look around for the guy who was hunting bears west-ish of whiterun and got ambushed and killed by those tree things. Doing his quest awards you a +25% critical chance dagger. Stacks with the + critical perks. :D Its great as an offhand dual dagger weapon.