The Dragonborn Legacy

Galacticat42

That's good to hear. I would try it myself, but, I am stuck with my laptop until May. Thankfully I don't need the Creation Kit to dish out new ideas and questlines and what-not. I am currently trying to figure out how to integrate Paarthurnax into the mod, without adding new lines to him, but each possibility requires him to get new lines for him to interact with the new characters in Path of the Dovah and all that. That, and we need someone who can do good dragonish voices, unless we just modify them using say, Audacity.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would, but this laptop isn't powerful enough to play Skyrim. Though I was imagining the civilian entrance to Dragonrest to be where the steps start, that one wall just by it. Dragonrest, I imagine, would have three entrances, one at the top of the Throat of the World, which would be where the Order and Paarthurnax would reside, an entrance in the High Hrothgar for the Greybeards, and an entrance at the base of the Throat of the World for mortal civilians.

I would, but this laptop isn't powerful enough to play Skyrim. Though I was imagining the civilian entrance to Dragonrest to be where the steps start, that one wall just by it. Dragonrest, I imagine, would have three entrances, one at the top of the Throat of the World, which would be where the Order and Paarthurnax would reside, an entrance in the High Hrothgar for the Greybeards, and an entrance at the base of the Throat of the World for mortal civilians.

That fits nicely into the scheme of things of what I'm planning. I was thinking about setting the entryway from High Hrothgar and make an abandoned Low Hrothgar with partial cave-ins and routes that lead to the city and lead to the dragon lair below the mountain. The secretive lair entrance I made is down in a landslide below Hrothgar hidden by trees. I'll go ahead and scope out the areas you've mentioned and post some screenies.

If you are having problems in assembling your team I would suggest to start teasing a little witth what you got (that awesome model from your sig maybe). This will help you generating attention, more people checking on your project and ultimately a larger group of interested people to pick your team from.

Personally I'm still learning to model so I'm of no big help yet, but if you ever simply need some manpower let me know!

Alright, huge update in what's been going on - well, huge in that I'll be doing something completely different than what was hyped up. Don't worry though, I've got it all figured out.

As yall may or may not know, skills are a Base Actor Value which has been locked off from public tampering. As a result, the skill perk trees will not be possible to implement... for now. In order to achieve the same effect the Dovah skill tree and the specialization skill tree will be mashed into one list. Similar to Parthurnaax's meditation seminars, the new perks will be achieved through speaking to one of five NPC's and trading Dragon Souls for perk updates. These NPCs will be the Magma Dragon Matriarch, the Storm Dragon Matriarch, the Water Dragon Matriarch or a 'prayer' to Akatosh.

EDIT: Scratch that - I was talking with 6TemplaR9 and found a way to reorganize the existing skills to fit new trees in. I'll still be mashing both of the trees together, but unlike above, they'll be usable in the skills perk window. The 'Dovah' skill however will be non-existant and as such the trees won't have a skill attached to them.

The Arcane specialization will be a bonus boost to each other branch - more like a perk for a perk. So for example say you have a flame breath and you select a cloak perk, your breaths will then form a cloak around you.

Since these no longer require a skill number, the specializations will now be locked off when choosing incompatible perks. So if you choose to be fire based, you no longer have a skill number dictating how many perks left you can choose and with the new system you will not be able to select to be ice based as well.

Edited by Budz42

If you're still looking for voice actors, I've got a good amount of experience. Here's my Demo Reel if you're interested:
. I can also audition if you have lines for me. Send me a message!~ Edited by LotM

EDIT: Scratch that - I was talking with 6TemplaR9 and found a way to reorganize the existing skills to fit new trees in. I'll still be mashing both of the trees together, but unlike above, they'll be usable in the skills perk window. The 'Dovah' skill however will be non-existant and as such the trees won't have a skill attached to them.

The Arcane specialization will be a bonus boost to each other branch - more like a perk for a perk. So for example say you have a flame breath and you select a cloak perk, your breaths will then form a cloak around you.

Since these no longer require a skill number, the specializations will now be locked off when choosing incompatible perks. So if you choose to be fire based, you no longer have a skill number dictating how many perks left you can choose and with the new system you will not be able to select to be ice based as well.

I didn't get it. So this means the dovah perk tree doesn't level with my shout-usage, how do I skill it then? And I can only choose one spezilization? Specialzations will be attached to a skill? Which skills will they be attached to? If its done show it to us so we can understand ;)

Out of curiosity: What is your worflow right now? And what is left to do before you release Chap 1?

Lots to do, lots to do. The workflow isn't great as I'm missing the majority of my team. With the Dovah tree, you just add the perk and build up the tree whenever you have an extra perk point lying around. About the specialization tree, the specializations will be able to be mixed so you can get like a steam dragon or a magma dragon, etc. but to enforce a rule that you can't have all the specializations, some will have to be locked off when you select other things.