The Dragonborn Legacy

Galacticat42

Update!

I have the cave entrance complete along with the layout of the Dovah skill tree and the High Hrothgar entrance into Low Hrothgar (which will then lead to Dragonrest and Snowcrag Keep).

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2647636/ScreenShot2.jpg

This was the initial arrangement of the skill tree.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2647636/ScreenShot4.jpg

This is the inside of the High Hrothgar Tower - since I didn't feel like going through the trouble of editing the layout of HH, I made this.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its good that we are getting somewhere. I would like to have some modeler who can design the models that are needed for Dragonrest, mainly things like the statues and what-not. Then again, I don't know what is in the Creation Kit...

Also, just a bit of a shout out, or request, if anyone has ideas for Dragonrest, like shops or NPCs, just say them out here. I am looking to get some ideas from people who want to help out a little, at leas suggestion wise. And also we do need some dragon voice actors, so there is that too.

Edited by Neo Hikato

Also, just a bit of a shout out, or request, if anyone has ideas for Dragonrest, like shops or NPCs, just say them out here. I am looking to get some ideas from people who want to help out a little, at leas suggestion wise. And also we do need some dragon voice actors, so there is that too.

I would start by pointing out the cultural aspects of dragons in TES. Pretty much interpreted from what we learned from Paarthulax (or whatever he is called):

Dragon's only repect those that are stronger that themselves. They only know weak and strong, to them their is no inbetween. This means that minor dragons are poor and lonely outcasts, living in a "draogn-slum".The stronger dragons should be sourrunded by followers and treassures.

2. The architecture

First of all only massive structures can stand the power of the dragon voices, there is no space for accesoires. Secondly Hrothgar is a freaking cold place, and due to teh Dragons' dogma of strength it should be a place whre only the strongest survive. I'm thinking of a lot of ice crystals that spread the little existing light. As a nother lightsource I think it would be aweome if all the wall were clustered with those words in dragon language like the dragon boards you find. All those words should glow though. For the parts where the humans are travelling by maybe you could use the wallart from the Blades-Base.

3. Using the dragon animations

I think Dragons do have some really nice anims to interact with the environment. Sitting on the dragon boards or waiting ona high rock in the mountains. That should be used, the nest should be spread all over the walls in incredible heights with dragons guarding their nests.

Just my two cents ;)

@ Budz

Really nice updates, really hard to be wating for this mod ;)

Have you checked out the weredragon mod?( My link )

I got some really nice insights playing around with it. What fascinates me the most is the animation work for flight. For example if you point down while flying the game recognizes it and the dragon bends his wings (sorry I'm no native english speakr I had to look this word up, no idea if it fits what i was looking for ;) ). Meaning it really provides you with all the anims for a potenttial gliding and upift system.

I did some thinikng about your plans to integrate the prek tree. If you will have to use the perks you gain by leveling other skills that leaves you relying on skills that you frequently use, but that you won't really be able to enhance.

I really liked the idea of bringing dragon souls into this. I mean while playing you absorbs way more souls that you need and it is really lore freindly.

@xyks

1. Hm, perhaps. It can add more depth to Dragonrest by keeping a place for all, even if poor. I can imagine the greater dragons living in crystal lined caves that brings awe to any, while the poorer ones living in the regular dirty caverns that they normally do. Still, the Order tries to bring equality to all, but old habits die hard.

2. We can keep this even alongside the recreated Dwemer tech. When I thought of Dragonrest, I wanted something that would bring awe to the player. It is a city dominated by dragons and mortals, so it has to have a certain greatness in the dark times of Alduin. But some of your ideas I will use, like the weather for example. Draconic living quarters would be more to the top of Dragonrest where it is cold, harsh winds seeping in. Of course, mortals have to use designated pathways to get through, like covered stone bridges that can withstand it. Also, the walls would be reinforced to allow dragons to use their Thu'ums, more like using a combination of dragon temple's design with dwemer tech in it. As for the mortal areas, they would be more of the usual style, like the Blade's base you mentioned, with Dwemer tech to keep everything running. Of course, Dragonknights, the Order's soldiers and the guards for Dragonrest, would patrol each part, unhindered.

3. Indeed, I imagined dragons perching on walls and whatever they can, flying around in the open spaces, swooping through the sections of Dragonrest, their roars echoing through the city among the grinding gears. There would be exits and entrances for the dragons to use to get back outside of the Throat of the World, and plenty of places they can get to.

@ Budz

Wow. Just because Alduin is the most powerful dragon, doesn't mean he's the biggest.

Neo, your statement just made me realize what you said is true.

Custom Lore update:

Back in the era when dragons ruled, Alduin proved himself to all dragons by being the fiercest dragon and actually killed matriarchs that opposed him, shutting down the entire nest. Matriarchs are, by Akatosh's design, immortal by all means but his own. As such, only a being blessed by Akatosh may kill one; this means that any dragon or dragonborn can kill a matriarch in theory, but only the strongest can actually do it.

Yea... Not sure what's wrong with the set scale function but we'll need smaller dragons and I haven't the time nor the patience to look into this one. I'm more in a programming mood right now.

If you don't need to change the sizes of dragons in-game, you can use the 'height' Trait for the Actor Base (the name is deceptive; it shrinks all parts of the dragon equally) or the Scale for the Reference. I haven't tested it extensively, but all of these methods don't seem to play perfectly nice with the dragon's hitboxes. At Scale 0.6 the dragon will never use melee attacks, and you can run right into its nose swinging your sword and be unable to reach. At Scale 0.8 there are no obvious problems. Edited by LoginToDownload