The Dragonborn Legacy

Galacticat42

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the hatchery more of a way to preserve the Dovah race through the Order's teachings, as well as possibly acquire a pet dragon. Not only that, but I see it as a sort of research area for mages if the player does the College of Winterhold questline or such. Edited by Neo Hikato

Ohh i get it. In the first post there was said that player can raise a army of Dragons. If so than the hatchery is really great idea. I am already want to see the mod. You can count me in as a Beta tester.

Raise a army of dragons. I like that. It would be cool if the player would have to go around to other dragons nests and collect dragon eggs from them and bring them back to the hatchery.

Ohh i get it. In the first post there was said that player can raise a army of Dragons. If so than the hatchery is really great idea. I am already want to see the mod. You can count me in as a Beta tester.

Oh yeah this will be awesome for the Skyrim. There is one thing. How will the Dragons you command get commands. For that i think you will need to make one Dovah a Lieutenant of some sort so that dovah after taking commands from you will pass those commands to the squad. If there is a fight going on you can choose either to stay or get some fun with your squad.

And there is another thing. When you are in combat how will you target the Dovah's to attack the position? I think i have the solution. A shout that commands the Dovah's to attack the location you are standing so if you caught up in heated battle use it so your Dovah partners will sweep the enemies.

But there must be a limit how many Dovah's you can command by using Perk tree of Dovahkin's command tree or by leveling. And as you know dragon's can be killed so sometimes your Squad will take casualty's or wounded.

I think that idea is good.

Ehm... Not exactly sure what Neo plans on doing with the hatchery, but the Army of Dragons is what happens when the player chooses to be the next world eater and doesn't kill the matriarchs but instead persuades them to convert their nests in the player's name. The dragons will be autonomous and follow you around, killing anyone not in your faction (or attempting to).

I was thinking of it being set up like Fallout's Enclave Commander, except using Shouts instead of a menu prompt to control the forces. Of course in that instance, the Dovahs would be the special units of the Order's army, with Dovah like Elders being the higher ranking ones. Players should be able to summon leaders like Dwiinfenaak and Paarthurnax to battle, with a special script that has it that they flee when they 'die', as not to conflict with the story. Dragons would be like the heavy tank units, with the Dragonknights being the main units the player controls. To make things interesting, there can be a morale system that calculates how many knights are in a group or what they are fighting against and makes them react depending on it. This would lead to another development of using a shout to boost morale or lower enemy morale, and the usage of leaders, especially in the large warzones during the story.

Another thing I thought up is soldier experience. Unlike Enclave Commander, each Dragonknight would have their own random name and personality based on the game's preset random NPCS. As they fight, they will gain experience in battle, allowing them to rank up to the next level. At default this is done manually, but as the Order's influence increases, Dragonrest will gain new accommodations to train ranks faster, which allows the player to call in higher units without having to train new ones. Also, depending on which faction the player convinces to aid the Order, more units will become available, like mages from the College of Winterhold. That way, each action will determine the fate of a battle.

Of course there will be armies for each side, except that the Order has to build it up rather than use one that's already made.

Edited by Neo Hikato