The Dragonborn Legacy

Galacticat42

@Neo

Rather intricate system you've thought up there - it'll take a rather long time just to script that all out.

@Helion98

Well I finally recruited an active level designer so the Ch1 dungeon is currently being drawn up to be critiqued.

@Neo

Well that might be a long time to script, I have some ideas we can work out.

@Budz

I will wait for that dungeon to be completed. A professional with Creation cit can create a huge dungeon in 4 or 5 days.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Promising idea. But I find 80% shout cooldown way too powerful for some shouts (like ethereal form). You could become invulnerable forever. Consider changing the max shout cd to 30% since it stacks with item enchantments that also lower the cd. Suggestion: 5/10/15/20/25/30% or 10/20/30%.

Always doubling the values is not rewarding in lower levels.. people won't notice that they have put a perk point into one of the shout perks with like 2-4% extra dmg. In my opinion a constant increase in values would be better.. like suggested with the shout cooldown. For dmg 10/20/30% etc.. or how you want it. But make it rewarding at all levels, not only in later perk levels please :)

This was posted by blattgeist on the pre-content download discussion thread which made me start thinking about alternatives like making damage scale with the player's level... Which can't be done since player level isn't one of the Actor Values that is exposed to perks as a modifiable variable. So, I was curious if everyone is okay if I adopt Speechcraft as the new Dovah skill. That way shouts will be much more dynamic with character progression.

This was posted by blattgeist on the pre-content download discussion thread which made me start thinking about alternatives like making damage scale with the player's level... Which can't be done since player level isn't one of the Actor Values that is exposed to perks as a modifiable variable. So, I was curious if everyone is okay if I adopt Speechcraft as the new Dovah skill. That way shouts will be much more dynamic with character progression.

I think nobody would mind, since Speechcraft is always a useful skill.

Have you thought about having special shouts exclusively for dragon forms? Like this you could control their cds and damage individually. Say flamebreath has a rather low cd since it will be one of the major damage skills, while becoming etheral has a longer cd. You could also scale the shouts effects by unlocking the next shout word at a certain level.

Please tell me you are planning on releasing more prereleases ;) Seeing you being so active in getting flight done with the other guys, are their chances that you will introduce some dragon forms once you guys got it figured out?

Can't wait! I wanna test that out for Bugs, Glitches, errors and ect. Plus i will rate how is the experience. From 1 = Sucks to 10 = Ultimate Epic.

I think we can already rule out 1 through 7. :laugh:

Well Jacoo our level designer came back with a drawing and I rebutted with two more. Here is the Snowcrag Depths dungeon layout I have in mind - keep in mind that more levels will be added later to it for a more crawl feeling to it; I plan on having even the strongest player characters having to spend at least a week trying to clear out everything.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2647636/Snowcrag%20Side.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2647636/Snowcrag%20Top.jpg

A) Hidden mortal entrance

B) Main Mortal entrance

C) Bandit Camp

D) Fallen Greybeard's Domain

E) The Chasm

F) Wordwall 1 maze

G) Spell Tome maze

H) Greybeard Hatchery

I) Main magma tube

J) Matriarch's Nest

K) Dragon entrance (caved in)

L) Wordwall 2 maze

Can't wait! I wanna test that out for Bugs, Glitches, errors and ect. Plus i will rate how is the experience. From 1 = Sucks to 10 = Ultimate Epic.

I think we can already rule out 1 through 7. :laugh:

Well Jacoo our level designer came back with a drawing and I rebutted with two more. Here is the Snowcrag Depths dungeon layout I have in mind - keep in mind that more levels will be added later to it for a more crawl feeling to it; I plan on having even the strongest player characters having to spend at least a week trying to clear out everything.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2647636/Snowcrag%20Side.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2647636/Snowcrag%20Top.jpg

A) Hidden mortal entrance

B) Main Mortal entrance

C) Bandit Camp

D) Fallen Greybeard's Domain

E) The Chasm

F) Wordwall 1 maze

G) Spell Tome maze

H) Greybeard Hatchery

I) Main magma tube

J) Matriarch's Nest

K) Dragon entrance (caved in)

L) Wordwall 2 maze

Whoa that's allot of tough work. But i feel it will be worth all of the time.