The Dragonborn Legacy

Galacticat42

@dianacat777

Yes, the Fallen Greybeards are to Alduin as the Greybeards are to Paarthurnax. Alduin is their leader and because of Alduin's natural position as a World Eater, they indirectly would also want to see the world burn.

Alduin however, doesn't hate the humans for defiling him, he hates all mortals for simply being mortal - it's his divine purpose from Akatosh that he fills the role as World Eater.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bump:

A nice backstory to the questline:

Alduin is the oldest dragon - he was the First Born of Akatosh and Paarthurnax was the second born.

With the mortals of Tamriel under Alduin's terrible reign, man and mer alike were enslaved and grew weary. Several groups have splintered off to form Dragon cults, one such cult, The Greybeards, considered themselves children of the Dragon and their Thu'um. Paarthurnax saw this group and took them to heart, teaching them the way of the Voice, but Alduin saw the cult as a parasite. Nevertheless, The Greybeards deified the two dragons and reveled at their mighty Thu'um.

As time passed, Alduin saw Paarthurnax weaken and knew his little brother was beginning to falter. Paarthurnax grew akin to the Greybeards and taught them the ways of the Thu'um and how to meditate on it. Because of this, Alduin knew he must rally his faithful to put Paarthurnax in his rightful place. When he came to the Throat of the World, Alduin was greeted by three mighty adventurers, each able to use the Thu'um. Tried as the mortals might, they were no match for Alduin, but Alduin was injured and went to feed on the souls of Sovngarde. Upon returning, the three adventurers were healed up and ready to face him again. Knowing their tricks he flew in close, but was brought down to land by the hatred of the very soul - a power that only the Divine can administer, but somehow these three mortals combined their voices to administer the same effect. Upon the side of the mountain, Alduin fought valiantly but to no avail for he was exposed to an Elder Scroll and was thrust forth into the future.

With Alduin's disappearance, his Greybeard followers outraged toward his captors and turned against Paarthurnax for allowing such a thing to happen. From one fell shout of his Thu'um, the Greybeards were branded Fallen and forced under the mountain where their Thu'um could not penetrate the thick walls of the mountain to reap havoc above.

With the return of Alduin from the time wound, his Thu'um awoke the Fallen from their eternal slumber and now they require vengeance upon the world above that had encapsulated them for so long.

Just quickly checked out this mod and i think it looks pretty good however if you took the course mentioned in the OP of becoming the world eater himself/leading the Dovah then I think it would be quite appropriate to have a Power to transform into a Dovah(Maybe with the skin of Alduin unless you feel like making dragon skins the player can choose from) with unlimited time until you decided to end your transformation and turn back into the Dovahkiin.

Not sure if its been suggested as i haven't read the last 7 pages but just throwing it out there.

Just quickly checked out this mod and i think it looks pretty good however if you took the course mentioned in the OP of becoming the world eater himself/leading the Dovah then I think it would be quite appropriate to have a Power to transform into a Dovah(Maybe with the skin of Alduin unless you feel like making dragon skins the player can choose from) with unlimited time until you decided to end your transformation and turn back into the Dovahkiin.

Not sure if its been suggested as i haven't read the last 7 pages but just throwing it out there.

Have no fear, it is planned.

Becoming a Dovah is available to both sides, for both being a part of Alduin's forces or becoming the new world eater, and for siding with the Order of Akatosh and assisting Dwiinfenaak during Path of the Dovah and Order Rising.