The Dragonborn Legacy

Galacticat42

Okay, so I've downloaded and installed GIMP, Sculptris and Blender and will continue my work normally.

I thought that I'd bring back this thread from page 8 with something new I'd like to share. Below is a concept image of the new Dovah perk tree. I'm not completely finished, but I'd like some input on some of the perks. Keep in mind that this perk tree will only be unlocked once the player learns the first word of power from the shout Art of Dovah - Frul Wahl Fundein. Art of Dovah will be the shout that transforms the player into the three different types of a Dragon.

Frul - Gives the player the scales of a dragon and sets counter at 60 points.

Wahl - Gives the player the horns, wings and talons of a dragon (See sig below) and sets the counter at 300 points.

Fundein - Completely transforms the player into a Dovah and sets the counter at 900 points.

Your dragon abilities, with the exception of your Thu'um, will all cost certain amounts of stamina to carry out.

Shout level 1 - Frul - no abilities save passive, perked armor

Shout level 2 - Wahl - Bite: 5 stamina, Jump/Flap: 20 stamina, Glide: 5 stamina/sec

Shout level 3 - Fundein - Bite: 10 stamina, wing bash: 20 stamina, tail bash: 15 stamina, Jump/Flap: 50 stamina, Glide: 10 stamina/sec

Thinking about ways to end the transformation, I was thinking about a new concept similar to a Werewolf's bloodlust or a vampire's bloodthirst. However instead of feeding to prolong the transformation, I was thinking that using the Thu'um would add points to prolong the transformation. Possible name is Kopraan Mulaag (body strength) - should probably get a better name. For every second in Frul form, the player expends 1 point per second. In Wahl form, the player expends 5 points per second and in Fundein form, the player expends 15 points per second.

Using your Thu'um or simply doing something in one of the dragon forms will increase the Dovah skill - some actions will increase the skill more than others.

• Resonant Thu'um (0/7)
    Increases Thu'um distance by 2%/4%/8%/16%/32%/64%/100%
    Increase unlocked at 1/20/30/40/60/90/100 skill points
  • Battle Hardy (0/2)
    Increases Scales Defense rating by 10%/20% and Scales magicka resistance rating by 5%/10%
    Increase unlocked at 40/60 skill points
  • Impaling Defense (0/1)
    Causes melee attackers a chance to become impaled by your skeletal spikes (5% chance)
    Impalement damage is equal to (Dovah Skill + Scale Defense rating) / (10 - (Shout Level x 3))
    Unlocked at 50 skill points
  • Mastered Thoughts (0/5)
    Allows your Thu'um to increase your Kopraan Mulaag by 40%/80%/120%/160%/200% (all dragonform shouts will give Kopraan Mulaag).
    Increase unlocked at 50/60/70/80/90 skill points
  • Stalwart Wings (0/3)
    Decreases the amount of stamina required to move your wings by 30%/60%/90% (affects wing bash, flap and glide)
    Increase unlocked at 70/80/90 skill points
  • Sharpened Teeth (0/5)
    Perk variables 10/20/30/40/50
    Increases all physical damage dealt by (Shout level x perk variable)%
    Increase unlocked at 40/55/70/85/100 skill points
  • Boisterous Thu'um (0/3)
    Increases Damage of all shouts by 30%/60%/90%
    Increases the maximum level on enemy level specific shout effects by 2/5/10 additional levels higher than specified levels
    Increase Unlocked at 30/50/70 skill points
  • Lasting Echos (0/5)
    Prolongs shout effect durations by 5%/10%/15%/20%/25%
    Increase Unlocked at 40/50/60/70/80 skill points
  • Vocal Renewal (0/5)
    Reduces the cooldown of your Thu'um by 5%/10%/20%/40%/80%
    Increase unlocked at 30/45/60/75/90 skill points
  • Ancient Thu'ums (0/1)
    Causes your Dragonborn ancestor to aid you in shouting, effectively doubling all Thu'um effects while causing destructive interference around your allies with AoE shout effects, allowing them to go unharmed.
    Unlocked at 100 skill points

Edited by Budz42

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the mechanics of the Wahl transformation... Due to the insane stamina requirement of flapping your wings, the wings of the Wahl transformation will mainly be used for jumping higher and gliding down. Since the Wahl transformation lacks a tail, you will only go up vertically and not forward like a normal dragon can since the tail is required for balance.

But I am curious, would the deep sea areas be required in order to progress?

Yes and no... As the mod will have a multitude of quest outcomes, some will require going through the deep sea, others will not. However, the deep sea won't be introduced until the third chapter.

On a semi-unrelated note, Chapter 2 will introduce a dragon specialization perk tree and Chapter 3 will expand on it.

Edited by Budz42

About the mechanics of the Wahl transformation... Due to the insane stamina requirement of flapping your wings, the wings of the Wahl transformation will mainly be used for jumping higher and gliding down. Since the Wahl transformation lacks a tail, you will only go up vertically and not forward like a normal dragon can since the tail is required for balance.

Mhh though I was first a little bumped about not being able to fly in wahl, i have to say i love your concept with gliding and stamina. i hope you will have that for he real dragon form with less stamina costs, too. if good gliding would also grant a speed boost that would add a real nice skill based element to flight. Man you make me want this mod more and more ;)