Black pixelated graphical glitch/crash

RueGirl1

Hi I started installing a new setup for Skyrim and I'm experiencing a graphics bug I've never seen before. After extensive testing and removing recently installed mods one by one I still can't isolate the problem. The bug tends to happen outdoors, near the waterfalls around Riverwood and Whiterun. Water, smoke, trees, and most objects turn into solid black cubes or pixels. But I can still see and move my character and or open menus for a few seconds/minutes before the game crashes. I haven't been able to reproduce the crash indoors--only outside near water. I disabled ENB using shift + F12 and it still happens, so I don't think my ENB is to blame. However I am trying a new ENB, Real Vision for Climates of Tamriel V by Exalerion. I followed his installation instructions to the letter, and I have some experience with ENBs, having used the original Real Vision, Grim and Somber Azura, and Snapdragon Prime before without issue.

When I began my new setup I wiped my Skyrim local content and started with fresh pure vanilla goodness, following the STEP guide for Mod Organizer users. I installed about 50 mods before I noticed this glitch. I do of course run LOOT, and clean dirty files with TES5Edit, all the good stuff. I have a hunch that Realistic Water Two may be the culprit but I've used it before and never had an issue.

Here's my mod list:

Optimized Vanilla Textures

unmanaged Dawnguard

Optimized Dawnguard Textures

unmanaged Hearthfires

Optimized Hearthfires Textures

unmanaged Dragonborn

Optimized Dragonborn Textures

High Res Texture Pack 01

High Res Texture Pack 02

High Res Texture Pack 03

Cleaned DLC ESMs

SKSE 1.7.3 Scripts

Ruins Clutter Improved

Ultimate HD Fire Effects

Immersive Weapons

aMidianborn Book of Silence

Improved Closefaced Helmets

Weapon and Armor Fixes Remade

aMidianborn Addon

Clothing and Clutter Fixes

Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade

Static Mesh Improvement Mod

Moonpath to Elsweyr

Climates of Tamriel V

Vivid Clouds and Fog

True Storms

True Storms Climates of Tamriel Patch

Enhanced Lights and FX

Real Vision ENB for Climates of Tamriel V

SKSE ini pre-download for lazy users

Memory Blocks Log

SkyUI

Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch

Unlimited Bookshelves

File Access Interface for Skyrim Script FISS

Skyrim Flora Overhaul

Bent Pines Addon

Tall Pines Addon

Verdant

Falskaar

Realistic Water Two

Realistic Water Two ENB textures

Watercolor for ENB and Realistic Water Two

I'll try to include Screenshots, if I can find a picture that is less than the 250kb attachment limit.

I really appreciate any help, suggestions, advice! Please help me fix my game! Pretty please? Thank you

Hi I started installing a new setup for Skyrim and I'm experiencing a graphics bug I've never seen before. After extensive testing and removing recently installed mods one by one I still can't isolate the problem. The bug tends to happen outdoors, near the waterfalls around Riverwood and Whiterun. Water, smoke, trees, and most objects turn into solid black cubes or pixels. But I can still see and move my character and or open menus for a few seconds/minutes before the game crashes. I haven't been able to reproduce the crash indoors--only outside near water. I disabled ENB using shift + F12 and it still happens, so I don't think my ENB is to blame. However I am trying a new ENB, Real Vision for Climates of Tamriel V by Exalerion. I followed his installation instructions to the letter, and I have some experience with ENBs, having used the original Real Vision, Grim and Somber Azura, and Snapdragon Prime before without issue.

When I began my new setup I wiped my Skyrim local content and started with fresh pure vanilla goodness, following the STEP guide for Mod Organizer users. I installed about 50 mods before I noticed this glitch. I do of course run LOOT, and clean dirty files with TES5Edit, all the good stuff. I have a hunch that Realistic Water Two may be the culprit but I've used it before and never had an issue.

Here's my mod list:

Optimized Vanilla Textures

unmanaged Dawnguard

Optimized Dawnguard Textures

unmanaged Hearthfires

Optimized Hearthfires Textures

unmanaged Dragonborn

Optimized Dragonborn Textures

High Res Texture Pack 01

High Res Texture Pack 02

High Res Texture Pack 03

Cleaned DLC ESMs

SKSE 1.7.3 Scripts

Ruins Clutter Improved

Ultimate HD Fire Effects

Immersive Weapons

aMidianborn Book of Silence

Improved Closefaced Helmets

Weapon and Armor Fixes Remade

aMidianborn Addon

Clothing and Clutter Fixes

Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade

Static Mesh Improvement Mod

Moonpath to Elsweyr

Climates of Tamriel V

Vivid Clouds and Fog

True Storms

True Storms Climates of Tamriel Patch

Enhanced Lights and FX

Real Vision ENB for Climates of Tamriel V

SKSE ini pre-download for lazy users

Memory Blocks Log

SkyUI

Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch

Unlimited Bookshelves

File Access Interface for Skyrim Script FISS

Skyrim Flora Overhaul

Bent Pines Addon

Tall Pines Addon

Verdant

Falskaar

Realistic Water Two

Realistic Water Two ENB textures

Watercolor for ENB and Realistic Water Two

I'll try to include Screenshots, if I can find a picture that is less than the 250kb attachment limit.

I really appreciate any help, suggestions, advice! Please help me fix my game! Pretty please? Thank you

You are primarily having this problem because you are not following the mod authors specific installation instructions

please review their instructions and use COT 3.1

The mod author designed real vision to be used with the older version on of COT.

The mod author has some very specific instructions if you're not going to follow them, then you should be prepared for the lack of results.

You also need to use the older ENB binary as he has specified as well.

Edited by Reynard131

No I am not using Real Vision by Skyrim Tuner. I am using Real Vision for Climates of Tamriel by Exalerion. http://nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73661

They are two different ENBs. His is specifically designed to work with Climates of Tamriel V

It's a good thought.

But I DID follow the installation instructions Exalerion provides and got the correct binary that was linked on the ENBs page.

Anyways I don't think its the ENB at all. This glitch still happens even with ENB disabled.

:(

No I am not using Real Vision by Skyrim Tuner. I am using Real Vision for Climates of Tamriel by Exalerion. http://nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73661

They are two different ENBs. His is specifically designed to work with Climates of Tamriel V

It's a good thought.

But I DID follow the installation instructions Exalerion provides and got the correct binary that was linked on the ENBs page.

Anyways I don't think its the ENB at all. This glitch still happens even with ENB disabled.

:sad:

Hey sorry about that, This has been a common issue with lots of other folks... but I think that I know what is wrong with what appears to be your ENB installation.

I've seen this before when I screwed up

This STEP http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:ENB guide should help you to figure this out it is a relatively simple setting.Basically How your shadows are rendered and shadow striping