I have never made an armor mod before, but I would like to learn.

aludrac

I made a request to see if somebody would make this armor mod for me, but haven't gotten any hits so I figured I could try and learn myself. As you can see in the pic it is just basically cutting and pasting two different types of armor already in the game onto each other. On paper this sounds easy enough, but I am admittedly ignorant to what exactly this would involve and how complicated it would really be.

So could somebody with some experience inform me as to A. how difficult this would really be for a complete noob, and B. direct me to some resources to show me how I can get started? What programs I need and some tutorials. I have been looking around myself but I feel a bit lost, so I would appreciate being able to benefit from the wisdom of the modding community.

Thanks.

This cannot be done on Skyrim yet.

The Oblivion modding software does not work on Skyrim well. Right now expert programmers and modders are working to crack the code and figure out how to use existing software or build new software. The time is coming though when people will be able to do what you wish to do.

This cannot be done on Skyrim yet.

The Oblivion modding software does not work on Skyrim well. Right now expert programmers and modders are working to crack the code and figure out how to use existing software or build new software. The time is coming though when people will be able to do what you wish to do.

Well I know the kit isn't out just yet, but it should be soon, and in the mean time I figured I could familiarize myself with the programs I would need to make such a mod.

And why is this one not possible but all the other mods that change, add or remove parts of armor have been made?

Me three. I know my way around 3D and 2D modeling/painting tools and am itching to make some new weapons and armor. Can't wait for the kit to come out.

In the meantime, what is the workflow for just doing a texture update? I'd like to change up some armor colors right now and don't even know how to do that. I'm sorry if I overlooked a sticky or "the thread for texture editing". Apologizing in advance. :blush:

download a .dds editor program like gimp, unpack the texture .bsa using obmm or something like. open a texture you want to edit, change it, save and there you go