Best house?

peteed1985

Well the only house I have bought in game is Breezehome, which while small is good because its next door to the smith and only a short walk to the general goods store.

I know theres some decent houses in game unfortunately I'm waiting for the Creation Kit to make the houses I want, thats simply due to the type of characters I'm playing my Necromancer wants a hut in the swamps near Morthal, my Ranger/Archer character wants a house in the woods near a lake north of Falkreath. Thats only due to roleplaying my characters not that the ingame homes are lacking in some way.

The one in Windhelm totally sucks. It's got the most weapons repositories (tons of mannequins, jewel glass cases, and shield racks, way more than Solitude), but it's still got blood all over the downstairs, and the enchanting/alchemy room is never cleaned out of all its bones and spooky crap.

The one in Windhelm totally sucks. It's got the most weapons repositories (tons of mannequins, jewel glass cases, and shield racks, way more than Solitude), but it's still got blood all over the downstairs, and the enchanting/alchemy room is never cleaned out of all its bones and spooky crap.

The Steward has an option for "Clean up murders" or something along that line whenever you're upgrading the house.

While I like the feel of the Riften house, the storage in it sucks bigtime. There is no reliable container next to the alchemy table, and allegedly there is supposed to be a desk by the arcane enchanter, though none appeared there for me. The Whiterun house at least had a second chest right next to the alchemy table to separate my herbs from the rest of my junk.

While I like the feel of the Riften house, the storage in it sucks bigtime. There is no reliable container next to the alchemy table, and allegedly there is supposed to be a desk by the arcane enchanter, though none appeared there for me. The Whiterun house at least had a second chest right next to the alchemy table to separate my herbs from the rest of my junk.

I heartily agree.

Whats with that cobwebed room downstairs, nothing in it changes.

I suspect that I will change that backroom to contain loads of barrels/chests about 15 seconds after I get my grubby little hands on the CK :D