Mod Recommendations for Difficult Yet Rewarding Oblivion

Vrayth

My goal for my next oblivion play-through is to make make it a difficult yet rewarding dungeon crawler. I want enemies, Items, merchants to be completely unleveled, and I want items higher than steel to be extremely rare, with daedric being almost impossible to find.

I would also like it if the price for items higher than steel to be extremely expensive, with each daedric piece being almost as expensive as a house. I also want jewelery, and precious metals/gems to be extremely rare, and expensive.

The last thing I want is to drastically slow down leveling, I want to be excited each time I gain a level, and to only hit max level once I've done every quest in the game plus some radiant quest. I wan't to start out weak, and stay weak for a long time, until I slowly gain levels.

I want to use Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul as a base. What mods should I use along side MOO to achieve the experience I described above?

I just started Oblivion for the first time ever and I am already an Assassin Thief. However, I think I have already FUBARed my game by adding HUD Status Bars via NMM. Not sure that OBSE mod is intended to work with steam. Guess I need to manually remove them.

Zethiroth must be a good player to want things harder.

Francesco with maxed out spawning points should give you enough enemies. Francesco won't disable the level scaling, but it will keep in check. If a quest is meant to be hard, it will be.

Combine with Enhanced Economy with its "realistic" settings. It will give you ridiculous prices and poor loot; it won't be "realistic" at all. But as sadistic you'll like the idea that the quests will pay you much less of what you need to keep you equipment in shape or bribes.

For leveling, the only option I find reasonable is Oblivion XP, it is deeply configurable, so you can find your level of hardness. There is also a spreadsheet with a graph to configure the level-up speed.

Finally, add Realistic Health and Realistic Fatigue, keep the default settings and you'll have hard time to carry anything or move around.

Edit, almost forgot: The Rebalanced Races will make the character creation more interesting, but for the topic will make the races dislike each other much more. Combined with the Enhanced Economy I can imagine bartering will be a nightmare.

Edited by zdswulyx