Alt-Start: Help raiders shoot Preston in the head

Antilurk

Is anyone else slightly miffed that your potential to be a bad guy in FO4 is more or less limited to hustling old ladies for slightly more caps than normal when you run their errands?

Missing the kind of choices you were presented with in FO3, where you could wipe Megaton off the face of the earth purely for shits and giggles? Well, here's a natural change to the tutorial that... well, in my mind should have been shipped with the original game.

When you initially run across Preston and the gang, they are under siege by raiders in Concord. Preston yells at you from the balcony to grab a gun and the rest is history. But in my mind, things should have gone like this:

1. Preston gives his balcony speech. A newly added Raider leader NPC shouts a counter offer to you from the rooftop of the opposite shop: help them take down Preston and kidnap Mama Murphy and there's a sack of caps in it for you.
  2. If you go that way (talk to the leader to agree / bargain a higher price), you murder-mayhem your way through the Museum of Independence and take down the (considerably up-armed) group of Minuteman refugees. Bandit leader joins you upstairs, when you're informed there is fighting outside. They're obviously aware that you're a protagonist, seeing as they baby-sit the captive while you're sent up to the roof to investigate and do the heavy lifting.
  3. Rival gang of raiders led by Gristle are attacking; deathclaw appears; you do your thing. Raiders inside the museum are rightly impressed that you are 'Ard As Nails. You get a little bit of exposition explaining their motivations: they were kicked out of Corvega for disagreements with Jared / jerking around and letting a load of gouls in by accident. They want Mama Murphy as a bargaining chip to get back in. Killing Gristle has rather derailed that plan and now they need somewhere to lay low before Jared crucifies them.
  4. We all go camping in Sanctuary, with the settlement building tutorial missions kicking in as per normal. Only now, it's not a settlement: it's a raider camp.

I have a lot of ideas in my head about proceeding from there, to the extent of creating a Raider gang Minuteman proxy that works by conquering settlements and setting up raider camps through radiant quests.

First faction quest (The First Step) would, naturally, still be clearing Corvega out to remove Jared. Only instead of securing the area, you're just getting rid of a competitor and solidifying your own position as Premier Badass of the Concord-Lexington metropolitan area.

...Slightly off-beat, but I'm also envisioning one of the splinter-gang's members being a pre-war British football hooligan who was stranded in the States by the war and ended up as a goul. Yes, I am stretching to find a way to help with potential voice acting.

I can't mod, script or do very much that's productive. But I'm full of ideas, and would happily write scripts and mission stages. Thoughts?