Potion spam nerf!

Rymdkejsaren

Well the topic really says it all.

Two of my major concerns about the Skyrim gameplay are auto health regen (which is easily fixed) and potion spamming. The fact that as long as you press tab before you die you can heal yourself to full health by spamming heal potions is in my opinion ridiculous and also makes Alchemy less rewarding.

Optimally, if you drink a potion (or apply one to a weapon) there should be a forced animation of the character taking the action. You should still be able to move around and it should not be a lengthy thing, but it would make all the difference to the gameplay.

i kind of agree on the potion drinking animation. not sure why people complain about the health regen, its 0.7% of your health per second, far from being anywhere near useful in combat, and out of combat every character has the 10 health per second healing spell and the wait for 1 hour option. concerning potions, one of the first simple mods ill be doing when the CS is out is changing all health recovery potions to something that gives a little more health, but that health is given to you over a short time period instead of instantly.

Yea... it would force me to change difficulty to expert or even adept?

Thing is that reuse time is needed only for potions that restore health/magicka/stamina? And indviduality for potions with diferent effects. Poisons and potions which increase your statistics there is no need for reuse time. Reuse time for health/magicka/stamina 5seconds would be good i guess. And there should be some kind of icon showing then you can use potion again.

Edited by Theydas