Did you kill Paarthurnax?

Pineapplerum

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just one question, Can i Still recruit people for the blades before the Paarthurnax quest, or did they change that to make the choice to kill him more difficult?

You can do all of the Blades quests, including recruiting, if you do them after finishing "Alduin's Wall" and before doing "Alduin's Bane". Once you've done "Alduin's Bane" then the quest "The Fallen" will automatically begin, so the next time you have any contact with the Blades they will demand that you kill Paarthurnax.

After you do "Alduin's Wall", the next time you visit Sky Haven Temple both Delphine and Esbern will offer various quests. During this time you can take anything in the Temple -- Blades armor, Dragonbane, books, etc. -- without stealing it. The Atlas of Dragons will appear on Esbern's table when "The Fallen" begins, at which point you will have to steal any item you still want, even if you haven't yet spoken to Delphine or Esbern to get "Paarthurnax" added to the quest log.

Paarthurnax teaches you shouts and tells you about the elder scroll to discover dragonrend to defeat alduin, it would be a low move to kill him after he's basically helped you out so much.

even on my "evil" playthrough I don't kill him.

why would you kill a helpful powerful wise dragon who knows thousands of years of history and can tell you about what it is to be a dovahkiin to side with the blades who have literally 2 people who barely know anything. If paarthurnax really wanted the world to end he could have just killed dovahkiin the first time they met.

I don't know what the person was thinking when they wrote that quest, it makes no sense.

Edited by shadey81

Indeed it doesn't, at least allow us to lie to the blades and say, "hey I killed paarthurnax and stuff..."

How are the blades supposed to know that you did or didn't, not like they can go to the throat of the world every now and then...the grey beards wouldn't let them

granted though, Esbern isn't as bad as Delphine, he seems less fanatical

But yeah I'm still hoping we see more blades in any expansion or DLC, like what happened to the grandmaster of the blades during the great war? Knowing the blades, they would have snuck him out of cloud ruler temple, then agan he's probably really old by now...or dead just due to old age.

I mean it's pretty likely that we'll get a thalmor based dlc, so hopefully we,ll see more of the original blades

Well, Delphine is hardly a cow. She's really skinny. I liked her at first and thought she was cool.

But I started not liking her when she invited herself into the peace council and was disrespectful to the Greybeards. For some reason, I was highly offended by that.

I missed it at first because initially I just flew in, spoke to the Greybeard guy and sat at the table for the meeting. I didn't stop to listen to the conversation between them. Luckily the meeting was so complicated for me I had to keep doing it over and over again to decide what to do because I didn't know whose side I liked. I actually believed the side for the Storm troopers was for the Blades. I didn't understand that the Blades were there separately from the Storm Trooper dudes. It helps to pay attention and be patient in the game, I've learned and I speak for myself. I'm not preaching to anyone.

But after seeing how she spoke to the Greybeards disrespectfully in their own domain and basically taking credit for starting me on the path of fighting dragons..that's not how I remembered it...I realized she was someone who I'd have to watch my back with.

Esbern doesn't bother me much. He seems really passionate about wanting this dragon problem to be done and away with and I love just listening to him jabbering away about it. He's very knowledgeable in that way so that's one of the reasons why it makes me second guess not killing Paarthurnax. Esbern really seems to know what he's talking about with the history of the dragons and he urges me to kill him. I worry I'm going to regret not killing him because he'll turn on me later on. And Delphine is right when she says it seems the Greybeards are afraid of power. Through the course of the main quest...I wondered, why weren't they out there helping with the dragons but they seem content to let things play out as they need to according to the bigger picture where it's not just in the interest of mankind or something. At least that's the impression I got.

But I loved it when Paarthurnax said that the ending of this world could be the birthing of a new one and how did I feel about stopping the birthing of a new world. Of course I basically said I didn't give a crap about the new world, I cared more about the one I was living in but it was very philosophical for him to say that and it made me think. Not for long, but it was a short meditative insightfulness I enjoyed.

I completely agree with you, she repeatedly says that their job is to protect the Dragonborn and I really don't feel like what she's doing is helping... It's much better to have Paathurnax which I believe is an elder dragon as an ally, rather than some two old hags that you can easily just 'Fus Ro Dah' off Sky Haven Temple

I didn't kill him.And finished it that way. After the meeting when blades tell you to kill him i said i have to think about it or something i can't remember right now.Then i went to paathurnax and said "blades want me to kill you" he says somethings and after that you can kill him.But i didn't i just walked away and went to sovngarde to defeat alduin.Nothing was hard about defeating him without blades.After that when it spawned me back at the throat of the world Paathurnax and Odahviing comes and talks to you.And that's it. I didn't played the game after that so i don't know if u can kill the blades or not but i would definetly kill Delphine.

After I destroy Alduin, I go back to Sky Haven Temple to give the Blades one more chance to see the light. But despite the good news of Alduin's death, they stubbornly cling to their "oath." So I take what little revenge I can. You know that chain to have to pull to deactivate the pressure switches and lower the bridge before you first enter the temple? Well, I found out that if you pull it again, the bridge raises again, but the pressure plates stay deactivated. So after they tell me about their "justice that needs to be done," I just leave and pull the chain, raising the bridge again. Now (theoretically) the only way they can leave is to go down the cliff in the back. Pretty much my way of giving the Blades the finger.