Did you kill Paarthurnax?

Pineapplerum

Paarthurnax is too great to be killed! So I didn't killed them. But because I also like blades, I used a cheat so I can not kill Paathurnax but Delphine and Esbern will still act that I did.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't like Delphine from the beginning. I ended up leaving the inn after we had a fight about trust issues. It was one particular thing she said. First she says she needs to know if she can trust me, then I ask how I can know if I can trust her and then she calls me a fool for meeting with her if I didn't trust her. That last line really pissed me off. Just because I'm confident enough to meet with a stranger at an inn, doesn't mean I'll do whatever they want before they explain their intentions.

At some point I realized that I had no other choice if I wanted to progress the main quest and I went back and played nice with her, but I still hated her guts and this completely broke immersion for me. It was something I had to do if I wanted to fight the dragons, but at the same time it was something my character would never do.

Esbern I didn't like much at first either, because the first time I played skyrim his dialogue was all glitched and I had to constantly F5 + F9 to progress through his dialogue.

So when these two #@!%@#! ordered me to kill Paarthunax, who I actually like, I just laughed, walked away and let them rot in their dusty old temple.

No. And I doubt I ever will. The Blades in Skyrim are not the Blades from Morrowind and Oblivion. There's killing dragons in self-defense or in order to keep a town safe and then there's the genocide of an entire species. I'm not okay with the last one, the Blades are unreasonable zealots and for a group that claims to serve the Dragonborn, they are surprisingly demanding. You wouldn't walk up to your boss at work and say "I demand a raise or I won't work", especially not if your boss is a demigod who can literally shout you to death if he wants to. Delphine especially is short sighted, impatient and completely unwilling to listen to reason. In short, screw the Blades.

As far as I'm concerned, the Blades are done. Relics of a bygone era. The Penitus Oculatus seem to serve perfectly well as their replacement, the ones encountered during the DB questline can't be taken as a proper representation of the PO as a whole, as the Listener (player character or not) is basically the best assassin ever. The Blades aren't really needed anymore, they were all but destroyed by the Thalmor and while they are very helpfull to the Dovahkiin early on in the Main Quest, they outlive their usefullness fairly quickly.

So no, I have not nor will I kill Parthuurnax. There's no reason to, unless he decides to become a problem, then he's fair game and Skyrim happens to have THE Dragonslayer readily available. As it stands, Parthuurnax is far more valuable alive than dead.

Edited by UrgeNexus

"every single sacrifice is just a step stone to your superiority"

I mean my character does not really care whom she has to dominate to gain more power.

But in fact blades have last two surviving members while the Greybeards are long established and well being still.

Thus logical outcome for my character would be not to kill him.

Unless she agrees to do so on a whim which she does a lot :whistling:

So I highly doubt she would call herself a Dovahkiin as to her disposing of Alduin means

preserving the world to her schemes instead.

Edited by k361