Did you kill Paarthurnax?

Pineapplerum

I am there now. They all are a bunch of idiots...my opinion. I did enjoy kicking the Thalmor out. I was not expecting the Blades to show up, this caught me a bit off guard. Nor did I care for the arrogance of Delhine towards the Grey beards. That told me a lot about her and other possible motives later on. But afterwards when she told me that I was to kill Paarthurnax, it was more like an order. What! I don't remember becoming part of the Blades. I don't care about Esborn, Blade or not, he is just to busy with his curiosity and I don't regard him as a threat. I look at this way, the Blades are done, accept it and get over it. I have already decided not to kill Paarthurnax. Blades be damned. I think the Grey Beards have their issues, but at least they are trying to stay neutral and I may need their help again.

I have spoken. :tongue:

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm torn. Because he himself admits that dragons are hard wired to want to take over and are naturally evil. Even one of the quotes while the game loads is something to that effect. I can't remember it's exact wording, though.

But I really don't want to lose the Greybeards as friends. Just to see what would happen, I killed him and went back to the Greybeards and the main guy, I forget his name, I'm not good with names...he actually started yelling at me and wouldn't even look at me, told me to get out. Me cries!!!! :(

And when I spoke with the Blades woman, she was like "oh, I knew you wouldn't let us down" and then I find out...there are only two people left in the Blades....what? Well, I decided I didn't want her to push me around so I reloaded a saved game before killing him.

Plus, staying friends with the Greybeards gives you quests where to find new shouts. Keep going back to the main Greybeard guy, his name starts with A..and ask him about a new power word and he'll give you a quest to go find a new one. Aces! That works for me.

As a member of the Dark Brotherhood, I'm not at all judgmental of other people's "evil" tendencies. That being said, is there any way to "complete" the quest without killing him? Like lying about killing Cicero during the DB quest?

I'm torn. Because he himself admits that dragons are hard wired to want to take over and are naturally evil. Even one of the quotes while the game loads is something to that effect. I can't remember it's exact wording, though.

But I really don't want to lose the Greybeards as friends. Just to see what would happen, I killed him and went back to the Greybeards and the main guy, I forget his name, I'm not good with names...he actually started yelling at me and wouldn't even look at me, told me to get out. Me cries!!!! :(

And when I spoke with the Blades woman, she was like "oh, I knew you wouldn't let us down" and then I find out...there are only two people left in the Blades....what? Well, I decided I didn't want her to push me around so I reloaded a saved game before killing him.

Plus, staying friends with the Greybeards gives you quests where to find new shouts. Keep going back to the main Greybeard guy, his name starts with A..and ask him about a new power word and he'll give you a quest to go find a new one. Aces! That works for me.

As a member of the Dark Brotherhood, I'm not at all judgmental of other people's "evil" tendencies. That being said, is there any way to "complete" the quest without killing him? Like lying about killing Cicero during the DB quest?

Spoiler section or not, I won't give it away. Just go talk to him. I still did not kill him...and I feel good about it.

If you don't kill him the quest will disappear from your journal

@GioGr Even better: A mod that lets Paarthunax kill Delphine & Esbern after you tell him they want him dead and you watching while he does it lol. I mean even a Dragon has the right to defend himself. And The Blades will probably do it themselves or hire someone to kill him anyway if the Dragonborne refuses to do it.

Wait, you didn't kill Cicero? How could anyone not kill that crazy Jester, hell, i even tried to kill him once when i met him randomly on a road, i even did the DB quest line and still killed him, but then again, he had it coming.

I'm holding out hope for a mod that lets me alter my choice in this quest, as it seems everyone is doing a mod that needs Paarthurnax to live...and some of them are really good looking mods so someone will hopefully make a mod that will let me change that choice and bring him back with everything being good again between me and the Greybeards as well as the Blades.

The moment Esbern told me to kill Paarthurnax....... We were standing outside on the rock cliff face next to the temple.

And yea.

I just canceled the chat and FUS RO DAH!!!!!!!!!! 'd his ass right off the mountain. After doing the same to Delphine i continued on the main quest and never looked back.

I think this is the preffered option of everyone, no?