Pineapplerum

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I killed him, +1 Dragon soul

f*** Morals!

I hope it at least took the place of the one you never had. :mad:

You're right. I should not be so light on the subject. I apologize.

He gave me not only the soul, but also a lot of gold and dragon scale out of his bitchin' corpse.

i still didn't get there in the game but my bro told me about this and i'm not killing him for five reasons:

1:dragons r cool,better yet if they r evil cuas cuddly dragon aren't appealing to me(not saying that he is just saying that i'm used to their evilness that it doesn't bother me anymore)

2:he is my blood brother even alduin is that's why the game kinda sucks to me without him around

3:hes the only dragon that calls me DOVAHKIIN without trying to kill me(ohdaviing doesn't count HE TRIED TO KILL ME)

4:its dishonorable to kill a peace embracing being especially that hes a dragon (its hard to be peaceful when you can roast a man with three words)

5:the blades r supposed to be MY servants not the other way around

then again that's just my opinion

At first I did kill Paarthurnax purely because I wanted to know where the Blades storyline was going. I always found the Blades interesting. Though when Delphine did ask me to kill the most awesome-ist (yea...) dragon in the entire game, F*** I just wanted to kill her and Esbern (He wouldn't complain, I'm missing his sound files XD). Second time round I just completely steered clear of the Blades as they're just plain wrong to ORDER the DOVAKIIN to kill the dragon who HELPED DEFEAT ALDUIN! Someone should make a mod dedicated to Blade exterminating. Delphine didn't even help during the main quest line. The most significant thing Delphine did during that time was disrespect the Greybeards! Man if I were in 'ol whats his name Greybeard's shoes I would gone all FUS RO DAH and YOL TOR SHUL on her skinny little Blade Ass!

Did Bethesda confirm/denied killing Par is what we must do and being kicked out by the Greybeards, or is it some missing dialogue Bug like that Missing in Action Quest where we should try and Peacefully rescue a Prisoner from the Thalmor.

Since you finished the main questline already you mustn't do anything anymore. As far it seems it was supposed that you cannot kill Par anymore once you killed Alduin, since he should leave. But he just doesn't nor, nor does the quest fail like it likely should when you left him alive when the main plot ends.

To be honest I didn't know what the main questline was until I actually killed Alduin and someone told me that was it. Poor structure there by Bethesda but I'm not complaining. I think that by killing Paarthurnax, they wanted to add a dramatic ending to the questline.. But just forcing it over isn't the right way to do so. We're being handed complete freedom through out the entire game, yet they f**k this part up. I guess they ran out of ideas. Waiting for CK.

To be honest I didn't know what the main questline was until I actually killed Alduin and someone told me that was it. Poor structure there by Bethesda but I'm not complaining. I think that by killing Paarthurnax, they wanted to add a dramatic ending to the questline.. But just forcing it over isn't the right way to do so. We're being handed complete freedom through out the entire game, yet they f**k this part up. I guess they ran out of ideas. Waiting for CK.

You mean, you didn't realized Sovngarde was the typical show down point of culmination? Well whatever would then made the real showdown how awesome would that needed to be? :) Aditionally the greybeard talk was very prototypical epilogue - want to become a hero, criminal or forgotten - breath and focus child.

But yes, I remember it kinda left a that-was-it? feeling for me too. Guess the main quest-line might have been longer before you go to Sovngarde. Currently it is, 6 steps: get the horn, go to the party, get the elder-scroll, kill alduin once, trap the dragon, kill him twice. I suppose if one doesn't let yourself be sidetracked (which happens easily) you are through in very short time - as long its possible to do with the level you have if you don't side-quest anything.

EDIT: But I suppose this is how TES works, the main plot was always actually more of a side-show to the real game.

Edited by faifh

You mean, you didn't realized Sovngarde was the typical show down point of culmination? Well whatever would then made the real showdown how awesome would that needed to be? :) Aditionally the greybeard talk was very prototypical epilogue - want to become a hero, criminal or forgotten - breath and focus child.

But yes, I remember it kinda left a that-was-it? feeling for me too. Guess the main quest-line might have been longer before you go to Sovngarde. Currently it is, 6 steps: get the horn, go to the party, get the elder-scroll, kill alduin once, trap the dragon, kill him twice. I suppose if one doesn't let yourself be sidetracked (which happens easily) you are through in very short time - as long its possible to do with the level you have if you don't side-quest anything.

EDIT: But I suppose this is how TES works, the main plot was always actually more of a side-show to the real game.

You can do the whole mainquest (withhout any sidequest) in few hours if you play slow. Heard about people that finished in below 4 hours.

Edit: By the way, epic picture on page 20!

Edited by Cyrotek