Did you kill Paarthurnax?

Pineapplerum

Anyways, I DL'd the mod that allows the Dovahkin to berate Delphine for making such a stupid suggestion and solved things that way. Seemed like the immersive thing to do.

Wait, what? =O

What mod is this? Want! Want! Since the console command no longer works, this is definetly something I want to be able to do on my roleplaying character. A small 'Fus' to make her stumble and a few sharp words to Delphine, remindering her of her place, would be utterly perfect... yet I haven't been able to find a mod that offers a peaceful resolution.

Edit: Scratch that, found it, and it is AWESOME.

Edited by Alixen

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you kill an Nazi SS officer who turns to help the allies? but had killed 1000s of people?

Hard one!

But its a game haha so I downloaded a mod so I did not have to kill him!

If the blades want him daed they can did it them self!

Comparing Paarthurnax to the Nazis and saying that Paarthurnax deserves similar treatment to a terrible war criminal in recent times is quite irrelevant. Trying Paarthurnax for war crimes is like putting Neanderthals on trial for territory disputes with Cro-Magnons; and that is not exaggerating, the time difference is similar. It's not like we have a list of everything Paarthurnax did, and frankly, even if we did, then the prosecutors would more or less be every human on Tamriel because his crimes were against the Nedes, not even the Nords, but their ancestors. Their race is extinct, it has branched out into the modern humanity, and there's no one left who even cares about what he's done in the past except Delphine. Esbern seems like he'd much rather sit and chat with Paarthurnax than kill him, and is only out to get him because Delphine is. Tiber Septim- pretty much what everyone considers to be 'the' Dragonborn [Though there were others before him] -obviously was fine with him, as he trained with the Greybeards and needed to know about him. The Three Heroes who fought Alduin during the Dragon War were fine with him- who wouldn't want Alduin's younger, but possibly equally strong brother as an ally? And until The Blades bring it up, you, the player, are fine with it. Frankly, Paarthrunax's crimes are- literally -prehistoric, he's a valuable ally, a good friend, and depending how literally you take the "Dragonborn as a literal son of Akatosh" angle, then he's also your older brother. What isn't there to like about him? It would just be justice for justice's sake.

I'm with Loki's last statement on this. If Delphine wants Paarthurnax dead, she can climb her happy arse up that mountain and challenge him herself. Meanwhile, I'll just let them stew in their little Blade-cave as I go about saving the world, righting wrongs, and stealing cheese from giants. I guess I should wish them luck with their Dragon hunting business though. All two of them. Oh wait, three. I kinda left Lydia there to become one.

Oh well, she probably just ended up carrying their armor around for em anyway. :whistling:

Edited by trukittn

Comparing Paarthurnax to the Nazis and saying that Paarthurnax deserves similar treatment to a terrible war criminal in recent times is quite irrelevant. Trying Paarthurnax for war crimes is like putting Neanderthals on trial for territory disputes with Cro-Magnons; and that is not exaggerating, the time difference is similar. It's not like we have a list of everything Paarthurnax did, and frankly, even if we did, then the prosecutors would more or less be every human on Tamriel because his crimes were against the Nedes, not even the Nords, but their ancestors. Their race is extinct, it has branched out into the modern humanity, and there's no one left who even cares about what he's done in the past except Delphine. Esbern seems like he'd much rather sit and chat with Paarthurnax than kill him, and is only out to get him because Delphine is. Tiber Septim- pretty much what everyone considers to be 'the' Dragonborn [Though there were others before him] -obviously was fine with him, as he trained with the Greybeards and needed to know about him. The Three Heroes who fought Alduin during the Dragon War were fine with him- who wouldn't want Alduin's younger, but possibly equally strong brother as an ally? And until The Blades bring it up, you, the player, are fine with it. Frankly, Paarthrunax's crimes are- literally -prehistoric, he's a valuable ally, a good friend, and depending how literally you take the "Dragonborn as a literal son of Akatosh" angle, then he's also your older brother. What isn't there to like about him? It would just be justice for justice's sake.

Keeping to the subjet of the game and not real life.

Should the people of Skyrim just forget what he could of done or did and forgive him?

Alduin had the name 'The World Eater' so the dragon below him must not of been to nice. I like Paarth and hate the blades! Wish they gave us the option to take them out not Paarth.

But just to clear my name, When I spoke about the SS I was making a point on Paarth pass evil. The SS was the most evil thing I could think off.

But I might leave him, But I hear the blades do more quests for the player if you do kill him..............

Should the people of Skyrim just forget what he could of done or did and forgive him?

Alduin had the name 'The World Eater' so the dragon below him must not of been to nice.

First statement: You could have murdered someone yesterday. Does that give me the right to assume that you did? And does anyone have a list of the atrocities that you're assuming Paarthurnax committed. I doubt it. You'd be hard-pressed to present this case in any modern court, although I'm sure that the barbarians that populate Skyrim would have no problem with this little bit of ill-logic.

Your second statement is a prime example of an association fallacy. If your father happened to be a mass murderer, then that probably makes you one, too? Logical, yes? No.

And does anyone have a list of the atrocities that you're assuming Paarthurnax committed. I doubt it.
We dont even know how bad the Dragon Cult was actually lol There is a very large hole in the details concerning all of that (and dragon priests, draugrs, etc).