Did you kill Paarthurnax?

Pineapplerum

Answer: N. O.

Killing the leader of the Greybeards? Blades must be crazy about this and dragon slaying. *wants to download a mod with avoiding Paarthurnax's death and Blades' suggestion to kill him*

Oh, and also: don't link me to this mod, please. I have a habit to find something by myself.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Killing the leader of the Greybeards? Blades must be crazy about this and dragon slaying. *wants to download a mod with avoiding Paarthurnax's death and Blades' suggestion to kill him*

Oh, and also: don't link me to this mod, please. I have a habit to find something by myself.

Yep I like the idea of rubbing out or decommisioning the blades for being such a bunch of fanatical aholes. After all You are the Dragonborn and they are supposed to be serving you. Ok they argue about guiding you along the right path but extermination? There are far greater problems threatening Skyrim and the dragon one whilst immediate just needs to be brought under control swiftly while Skyrim is busy destroying itself. Controlling the dragon(s) may be possible while pursuing an eradication policy is doing nothing more than indulging old and very misplaced grudges

I refused to kill Paarthurnax for many reasons.

1st. Being Dragon Born wouldn't do any good without him. A Dragon Born can't unlock a shout without knowing the words and he's the one who first started teaching people the shouts when the Devines gave us the ability to learn them.

2nd He's more than made amends for any past crimes as he worked hard for centuries to help us (and the ancient blades) defeat the dragons, he helped repair & close the time rip the ancient blades created, he showed you how to get the Dragon Rend Shout to help you fight Alduin, when Alduin showed up to fight you he brought some backup to help him but Paarthurnax attacked his backup and kept him busy so he couldn't interfere with you and he told you how to catch a dragon to find Alduin's secret hideout.

3. The Blades are supposed to follow and serve the Dragon Born, not lead and control him. He's supposed to be their leader, not their secret weapon that blindly follows their orders.

They aren't blades any more because they forgot their oaths, duties and responsibilities.

I loved it when the Graybeards told the blades I had decided NOT to kill Paarthurnax but I'd have loved to have added a few lines to it by telling them that:- "I don't kill on command and I DON'T betray friends and or allies and if they or any one else comes after Paarthurnax, they'll find me standing side by side with him to take on ALL challengers. For me to harm him or allow him to be harmed he will first have to betray me or humanity".

One aside. If you do kill him, you get to chose some new blades members to add into the mix.

The dragons will respawn eventualy even if you didn't kill Paarthurnax. And by new members you mean that some of the recruitable NPC's sit arrownd, do nothing, eat and drink in Sky Heaven Temple rather than their normal hangout or your house?

If you really want to recruit new Blades, you can do it during the time between "Alduin's Wall" and learning Dragonrend. Delphine and Esbern don't demand that you kill Paarthurnax until you find out about Odahviing, whether you learn the name from Esbern or Paarth. Just return to Skyhaven Temple after you finish "Throat of the World" and you can do most or all of the Blades stuff, including getting Esbern's dragon-fighting blessing. Everything in Skyhaven is still free for the taking without stealing until you get the demand to kill Paarth, so you can pick up anything (Dragonbane, Blades armor, etc.) that you didn't grab while doing "Alduin's Wall", as well as the books that appear when the Temple is refurbished.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a way to do it without any mod. You have to complete the Civil War line (or Siege of Whiterun, at least, tough I'm not sure about it) BEFORE trying to capture Odahviing. That way that D&E couple stays in their new base, they never appear on High Hrothgar, and you may just forget about them.

BTW, I like it much more when old Paarth tells you Odahviing's name. It's stylish! :thumbsup: I recommend everyone to try.