Just won my hardest fight ever

WarKirby3333

I got sent to Stony Creek cave as part of a minor bard's college quest. the thing i was sent to get is in a small room, at the end of a narrow corridor. But there was someone waiting in that room.

One lowly dunmer mage. wearing nothing but rags. "Bandit Marauder". However this one mage was a fireball-spamming artillery cannon. I've played a mage and somehow he was throwing them far faster than i was ever able to, even two-handed. I swear he could consistently put out three fireballs per second. he didn't even need to hot me because the corridor, being so small and uneven, made hitting the walls easy and spamming me with splash damage.

i'm a lv31 two-handed warrior, and i died about 8 times trying to kill this guy. For some reason, despite the complete lack of armor, he was very hard to kill. my usual tactic of running in and one-hitting people didn't work. he would have taken about 5 hits. I tried standing back and shooting him with arrows, but it wasn't worth the time. I tried running in and shouting him over with force, and killing him while he lay on the ground. but he lived more than long enough to get back up and *ban me* away anyway.

Eventually i won using the Slow Time shout. apparently it slows others more than yourself, and i managed to get up the hallway before he could launch a single shot. Then i got a lucky decapitation to finish ^.^

Tell your epic battle tales here

i know how you feel.. im a warrior too and i use dual wielding.. usualy i kill everything with one hit but occasionally there is some over powerred mage that shoots lightning bolts that one hit me.. pisses me the hell off but rlly satisfying when i get to decapitate them.

Usually I don't have problems with any fight on my fire mage, not even 2 giants accompanied by mammoths.

But in some small size ruin there was a Draugr Deathlord... He shouted Ro-Da and me and my companion both flew into the ceiling, had to spam dual-cast firebolts (for the short stun) to take him out without getting 1-hitted.

Shield bash shield bash shield bash!

Unless they are frost mages... oh hell they are the worst! I spent an hour leveling restoration to 40 just to get that respite perk! Sitting on a fire trap and continously healing. But after that, it's all good.

But these difficulty spikes I seem to like really, you never know what you may come up against.

The guy below meridia's Shrine apparently had a 500+ damage Ice storm spell that 1hko my level 62 character that also had +40% frost resist, pretty sure it was a glitch. Other than that, I never really had any problems except for a few dragon priest fights with my mage.

Also the Amulet of Saarthal quest, well the end of it is 3 back to back boss fights, pretty tough if you are a mage. The Amulet isn't even that good unless you get it early.

Another thought, if you are a mage and plan on going much past level 50, you better start wearing armor, or risk 1hko by arrows. Mage armor spells just don't hack it.

Edited by Beriallord

I ran into an ordinary Bandit Chief in a tower. Had worked my way about halfway through the tower just wading through smashed skulls with my warhammer with the bandits barely scratching my health. Then BAM there comes this Chief with The Shieldbash Of Lightning. I swear he shielbashed me at least ones a second. Died before I even had time to react the first time. After that it took many tries with me using all my health and stamina potions while getting in a lucky hit here and there. That guy was greased lightning.

I have many troubles during my Brawls.

Mainly because my opponents are 3x as agile as my character, even if they wear steal plate armors: they run in circles arround me throwing out left-right-left combos while i can throw out maybe 1 punch per second. Which they have almost no problems to evade since they can circle faster around me (all the while showering me in attacks) then I can aim my fists at them.

Now I avoid brawls as much as I can (Bribe and pickpocket instead) and when that's not possible I try to run up to them, throw out a fast (weak) punch and back away when they start their counterattack.

Thats time consuming on the one hand, and on the other: this is supposed to be a BRAWL!

I want go in and see the thoughest person still standing at the end! Not the one who manouvers around a lot.

Other then that, I also encounter those Uber mages: just as tough as a horde of Draugr Scourges with summons, and still able to shock-freeze-burn my character with gatling spells for 5 minutes.

I really tried to survive until one of those mages runs out of mana, but they seem to have an unlitited supply of Manapotions hidden in their cloaks. I even crafted an "Anti-Mage"-Armor with Reduction on Elements and magic in general. After what felt like an eternity (around 5-10 min in Realtime) I went in and just bashed them over the head. Because if they manage to bombard me with spells this whole time without pausing even ONCE, then they will never run out of mana.

Shield bash shield bash shield bash!

Unless they are frost mages... oh hell they are the worst! I spent an hour leveling restoration to 40 just to get that respite perk! Sitting on a fire trap and continously healing. But after that, it's all good.

But these difficulty spikes I seem to like really, you never know what you may come up against.

Agreed