Beth messed up our elves!

Lehcar

Altmer look like they are supposed to in Skyrim. No nasty Elves, please. :verymad:

Some of the ones that myrmaad posted for the Altmer were good, but I think Skyrim got it right ;) I mean, Bethesda MADE the Mer, so whichever game is current, THAT is how they look. No fan change the lore about that, sorry.

Edited by AltmerLover1313

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barenziah was something of an abnormality amongst Dunmer. There certianly are elegant and beautiful memeber of the race who find their place whithin other cultures, but by and large the Dunmer are xenophobic, grumpy and in may cases borderling psychotic.

As for the Aliensof pic, i view that more as a expression of determination than a proper scowl...

heh I feel I have missed out a lot on this lore as I didn't play Morrowind, but my partner did and he HATES dark elves, he thinks they are all evil! (he plays argonian though) I will definitely have to play this game some time so I can understand them.

Looking at them No 4 looks a bit psycho-ish

Altmer look like they are supposed to in Skyrim. No nasty Elves, please. :verymad:

Some of the ones that myrmaad posted for the Altmer were good, but I think Skyrim got it right ;) I mean, Bethesda MADE the Mer, so whichever game is current, THAT is how they look. No fan change the lore about that, sorry.

Humbug! I was hoping you would like them!!! :dry: I can see your mind is not for changing :sad:

Edited by Astaril

Of course, one does have to consider that the majority of Altmer in Skyrim have been there for some time. With the exception of the Thalmor agents, the Altmer of Skyrim have likely lived there since the Thalmor took control of Summerset, if not longer. Skyrim isn't much more hospitable than Morrowind, so i'd imagine their features would be a little rougher to show for it.

Still, with the exception of Elnwyne i haven;t found an Altmer who i would judge as 'beautiful'. And even then its a stretch. Some of the Dunmer ladies on the other hand............

Dunmer women are supposed to be very beautiful and, in their young womanhood, very promiscuous - which according to the lore is happily accommodated by the other races of Tamriel except the Argonians.

I'm thinking that the ruddy faces of the Ashlanders would not be shared by the Dunmer on the mainland for instance.

Myrmaad, thanks for posting those Morrowind pics. They depict exactly what I am getting at. The elves do not look like pointy eared humans, but they have an unearthly beauty of their own. This is the look I want to strive for in Skyrim.

And I actually disagree with the assertion that harsh environments necessarily lead to craggy complexions. Me and most my fellow huntin' fillies, used to being out in howling gales, sleet and snow all day when riding to hounds (yes moorland England can have weather like that)tend to be particularly clear skinned. I have friends from Sweden who hail from an area close to the Arctic circle, and they are particularly youthful looking, temperatures of -20 Celsius notwithstanding. I also have friends from hot, arid environments who are not wrinkly prunes. The thing about those hot arid environments are that people cover up, and not necessarily just for cultural reasons such as purdah/requirement for hijab. They also cover up because of the weather - the men of Saharan nomadic peoples will also frequently cover their faces to keep the sand out. Hence protecting their skin.

And I actually disagree with the assertion that harsh environments necessarily lead to craggy complexions. Me and most my fellow huntin' fillies, used to being out in howling gales, sleet and snow all day when riding to hounds (yes moorland England can have weather like that)tend to be particularly clear skinned. I have friends from Sweden who hail from an area close to the Arctic circle, and they are particularly youthful looking, temperatures of -20 Celsius notwithstanding. I also have friends from hot, arid environments who are not wrinkly prunes. The thing about those hot arid environments are that people cover up, and not necessarily just for cultural reasons such as purdah/requirement for hijab. They also cover up because of the weather - the men of Saharan nomadic peoples will also frequently cover their faces to keep the sand out. Hence protecting their skin.

Comparing people who cover up with a culture which generally doesn't is something of a moot point, however. If you look at the San of central Africa, Australian aboriginies and the highlanders of South America, cultures which live in arid, dusty and often high wind regions without much in the way of protective clothing, their skin shows a consistant pattern of cragging and an almost leathery texture. Arabic and Mongolion peoples, on the other hnad, make extensive use of protective coverings, and as an extention have smoother skin.

The only reall protective clothing shown amongst the Dunmer is bonemould, and thats really only used when venturing deep into the Ash Wastes.

I will admit, however, that this is limited mainly to Vardenfel. Mainlanders would likely have softer features, as the environment tends to be more Cyrodiilic around Mounhold, Blackmarsh like towards Necrom, and cold and mountainous in the northren regons,

Edited by Lachdonin

I suggest you get a grip and be careful how you denigrate your fellow forum members. Ranting and caps lock abuse are especially likely to get a strike and be very careful what you say cannot be construed as homophobia or personal attacks. This is a Warning. -myrmaad

How can I be homophobic when I like guys?

This is the only reason I don't play elves, even if I do like archers, I would sooner play human.

Although having said that, there are some really natural looking elves about. It just takes a while to edit them in the creator. There is one during the loading screens, an assassin, he looks really cool, if you know which one I mean.

yeah, i mean i don't really care about looks but that guy in the loading screen looks so damn bad ass. was wondering if anyone knows how to make that specific character

I agree with all of those that say they like the elves mainly because they looked like the ones from morrowind. I was really off put from the obilivion elves as they had just looked to ugly for me, I had always leaned towards the morrowind-style of elves because they had made them interesting and not dull like the above game mentioned.