Project Cyrodiil: How and Why

IQ88

regarding the skyrimorroblivion and taking resources from either one:

legally this would have to be achieved by owning all three products and ripping or using resources on the fly.

there is of course a nono to include those resources in the mod itself!

a well thought mod would easily be able to use the BSA from either game if it knew its whereabouts.

so in the end no ones harmed. its still a mod but a mod that uses resources of all three games to incorporate into the skyrimorroblivion mod.

i fail to see how this is becoming illegal in anyway, since all three games are open for modding and have been designed with modding as a focus to sustain playerbase over years.

this can even be expanded over to the fallout games. as they are using the same basic resource files one could go about and put up mod requirements to incorporate voices, sounds, textures, music into skyrimorroblivion (theres lots of generic talk that can actually be used and mutant voices match orcs wonderfully ;) )

so in the end

IF a mod puts up the requirement for, lets call it prior, content then this is of course a steep requirement to many players but its possible.

on the other hand - beth could release a modding addon like bioware did with the Community Packs in NWN that includes all those resources in a convenient package.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't be done, it's illegal, taking the contents of one game, and porting them to another is a no no.

Then what was Morroblivion then?

Read my last post.

• 1 month later...

Everyone, we have already discussed a lot of the things you are talking about at our thread here : http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/472056-planned-travel-to-cyrodiil-mod/page__st__110

We hope you will come join us at our forum, we are preparing to create a proof of concept mod that will include Bruma and Cloud Ruler Temple. We plan on doing the voice acting ourselves, as it has been determined it IS illegal to port Oblivion files. I've decided to take the initiative and message all the other threads so you know the project is getting started. Our forum is here: http://travel-to-cyrodiil.forumotion.co.uk/forum

Edited by Luffi456

Everyone, we have already discussed a lot of the things you are talking about at our thread here : http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/472056-planned-travel-to-cyrodiil-mod/page__st__110

We hope you will come join us at our forum, we are preparing to create a proof of concept mod that will include Bruma and Cloud Ruler Temple. We plan on doing the voice acting ourselves, as it has been determined it IS illegal to port Oblivion files. I've decided to take the initiative and message all the other threads so you know the project is getting started. Our forum is here: http://travel-to-cyrodiil.forumotion.co.uk/forum

The way I see it, is awesome. But I think that you shouldn't make it 200 years earlier back to the original time of TES4, becuase if you wanted to make th IC bigger than why not put some lore to it, like it was big for its time, but as the land grows, it god out-sized. It then grow bigger, and then you could not have to port anything from Oblivion. BTW Is it true that the emporer's are dragon born? Becuase then If your character didn't light the fires then another Oblivion invasion would happen again XD Just a thought.

Then what was Morroblivion then?

It was banned from every major mod site. Allthough legal, it is not approved by Bethesda. It's the small greyzone where you don't port an asset, you link it.

I would advice strongly against it, since it would simply be banned from every mod site. It is also quite disresectfull to not just Bethesda, but everybody who voice acted/made an asset.

If the provinces of Tamriel are created from scratch, then it is completely legal.

Not really. You still "steal" a work.

Let me put it like this, I paint Mona Lisa. Hey, it looks 100% the same, but I painted it from scratch?

I bet you I wouldn't get far with that.

We will be making a current day Cyrodiil, not an Oblivion copy, don't worry. And I think it was stated that another Oblivion incident couldn't happen somewhere.

Awesome!

I would love to help but I am currently making a game so I wouldn't have the time :(

Good luck!

Linky1, Leader of L.E.DProductions