Who Else Thinks Werewolves Are Weak?

iansaltman

I don't like the forced 3rd person perspective (which ruins it completely for me in the first place), and the werewolf form is very weak, compared to my armored shape (got it at 20th level). I can win the various battles against 6+ enemies when myself, but the wolf is dead meat, and I don't even want to think about tough single opponents, who one-shot it.

I am delighted at the vampires, though...I am missing the choke-to-death effect of potions containing garlic, though :)

In most cases, the werewolf form for me is still usable in certain situations, but at some very steep costs. The only reason I might think of using it these days is to save wasting charges on my enchanted weapons in regards to taking down weaker bandits. Even with my particularly mediocre equipment overall for my level, I can easily outperform in just about every situation. Overall, the werewolf form is lackluster from the many disadvantages it gives compared to the few strengths it grants.

Werewolf form didn't help me at all, when I was clearing the first Silver Hand dungeon after the werewolf initiation. I got my ass kicked in the last room, where the leader and 3 other members were, many times. Without transformation, as a mage, I could slay them with my spells and shouts, using health and mana potions.

Ok, well, that was bad decision making on your part; they were werewolf hunters with silver weapons. So yeah, they would have an obvious advantage there. Even early on when the buffs are large, you want to use it in battles where it will help you (ie, vs. bandits, not vs. people with silver weapons). Later on though the buffs it provides simply get overshadowed by the fact that your character now has many more perks, better armor, more health, etc. etc. and it gets redundant, which it shouldn't (hence why the perks should be leveled, not static) :/

Ok, well, that was bad decision making on your part; they were werewolf hunters with silver weapons. So yeah, they would have an obvious advantage there. Even early on when the buffs are large, you want to use it in battles where it will help you (ie, vs. bandits, not vs. people with silver weapons). Later on though the buffs it provides simply get overshadowed by the fact that your character now has many more perks, better armor, more health, etc. etc. and it gets redundant, which it shouldn't (hence why the perks should be leveled, not static) :/

Well, I guess I was wrong. And I didn't use wolf howl back then. Now, using the howl I could single-handedly clear a dungeon full of pretty strong bandits (not mere bandits, but a couple of chiefs, several thugs and highwaymen and a couple mages), that killed my mage in human form in a couple hits. So, in result, I must say, Werewolves aren't weak. You just must use them right