New Car Model Request "delorian back to the future"

WOTmodsproductions

I have decided i want to add an easter egg into my upcoming mod, a large scale new lands mod

Release is due within 1 month and a half, and was wondering if someone would be able to do a static model of the Delorian car from back to the future

Mod info can be found here:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4585120-new-lands-mod-trailer-beyond-the-borders/

Instead of the silver, i would like it to be run down and rusty. It doesnt need to be a perfect copy, because i would like it run down and rusty, i will be quite happy with just a shell of the car in the basic shape below but covered in rust and damage

Here is some images

http://justecomme.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/delorean-back-to-the-future.jpg

http://images.askmen.com/1080x540/2015/10/20-100229-lyft_offering_delorean_rides_for_back_to_the_future_day_in_nyc.jpg

Edited by thelonewarrior

• 5 years later...

Deloreans were made of stainless steel, so, no paint required, and, they don't rust. :D

Which reminds me to fire Codsworth.

He polished my car for 210 years, but it still turned into the worst heap of rust across the commonwealth :mad:

And just how long are you expecting paint to last?? :) You do understand, that 'polishing' actually REMOVES a small amount of paint. I am thinkin' over the course of 'a bit over 210 actually' years, I would be VERY surprised if there was any paint left at all. :D

Deloreans were made of stainless steel, so, no paint required, and, they don't rust. :D

He polished my car for 210 years, but it still turned into the worst heap of rust across the commonwealth :mad:

And just how long are you expecting paint to last?? :smile: You do understand, that 'polishing' actually REMOVES a small amount of paint. I am thinkin' over the course of 'a bit over 210 actually' years, I would be VERY surprised if there was any paint left at all. :D

You forget the paint in fallout can withstand 200 years out in the open and exposed to the elements.

And just how long are you expecting paint to last?? :smile: You do understand, that 'polishing' actually REMOVES a small amount of paint. I am thinkin' over the course of 'a bit over 210 actually' years, I would be VERY surprised if there was any paint left at all. :D

You forget the paint in fallout can withstand 200 years out in the open and exposed to the elements.

Valid point. Apparently, in the Fallout universe, there was no EPA telling them to use water-based paints, instead of the stuff that would last forever. :D

Wait this thread was necro'd to talk about rust and paint?

I got excited someone might have made one or converted the modders resource that was linked near the beginning.

Also, stainless steel can rust eventually depending on time and environmental factors.

In 60 years under ideal circumstances not so much but 210 years plus how old it was before the bombs with fallout and acid rain then yeah probably rusted.

I haven't heard of links between radiation and rust but the radstorms certainly don't make it better.

You would still see the silver colour 'underneath'/in between the tiny speckles/clusters of rust that would cover the entire thing.

It wouldn't be deep and most of it could be buffed out.

Anyway, it would be cool to have this in a 'Wild Wasteland' type random encounter mod, maybe you can build it at your settlement after the encounter.

(I wonder what in-universe company would hypothetically produce a more immersive/lore-friendly version?

Not Corvega and that's the only car company I know in Fallout with doing some research. Probably H&H Tools making the DMC - HHT.)