News on skyim creation kit.

boomnuke35

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does everyone think about this new steam integrated thing?

I stated this in one of the... is it three threads on this topic? Four? Anyway, I think it links back to what Bethesda said before the game's release, that eventually they would like to have mods be present as DLC on consoles. Steam has nothing to do with consoles, of course, but the fact is that Bethesda is looking at alternate distribution methods for these mods, which could very well lead them to the Xbox and PS3, like was originally hoped for.

What does everyone think about this new steam integrated thing?

It just sounds like a typical `revolutionary´ system - that no-ones gonna use. I for one am gonna stick with the nexus. And if they do manage to use it to put mods on consoles, I'm pretty sure that'l signal the end of PC gaming for all of us

I dunno about that. Consoles are fairly limited. They might get some basic mods, but unless consoles and be used for modeling, which I know they cant. then they wont be able to make Claymore armour models, or any of the other really great armours that people make. So it will fall to the PC users to make stuff.

Even though Bethesda sold their soul to the console market, cutting out the pc users would be like cutting their head off. Modding is the number 1 reason why the TES/Fallout games are so long lived.

• 4 weeks later...