How to install BBB

wangjj101

A couple of points to look into. For the game to use new animations you'll need to have archive invalidation turned on. The simplest way is to use Oblivion Mod Manager's 'Utilities' button, select 'Archive Invalidation' from the list and then click on the radio button for 'BSA Redirection' (without changing any of the other settings from their default). Close OBMM ... it doesn't have a save feature but the changes are saved when you close the program.

I use and recommend NoMaaM BBB Animation Replacer. It comes with the option to install it from an OMOD which includes the installation script walking you through the various options for BMF (Breast Movement Factor), breathing idles etc.

The thing to keep in mind when installing replacer mods (mods that replace vanilla Oblivion assets) is that installation order is important. Any files that a replacer mod installs need to be named exactly the same as the vanilla game and located in exactly the correct folder structure. That means that whichever replacer mod you install last will overwrite any same named files from any replacer mod you installed beforehand. You can use this to your advantage if you know what files a replacer mod includes by planning out your installation order so that what is in place at the end is what you want. You can also go in later using Windows Explorer and individually replace files with ones you want from other replacers as long as you follow the rules for file names and placement.

I'd suggest installing NoMaaM first and then your sexy walks. NoMaaM includes some alternate walks and runs but leave experimenting with that until you're more confident in how all this works.

A couple of points to look into. For the game to use new animations you'll need to have archive invalidation turned on. The simplest way is to use Oblivion Mod Manager's 'Utilities' button, select 'Archive Invalidation' from the list and then click on the radio button for 'BSA Redirection' (without changing any of the other settings from their default). Close OBMM ... it doesn't have a save feature but the changes are saved when you close the program.

I thought it is a little bit mor complicated. As like in the link you showed me the instructions for OMOD are a little bit confusing for me. Let me show you what I mean:

OBMM Install (OMOD)

Copy OMOD file to \Oblivion\obmm\omod\

Start Oblivion Mod Manager.

Double-click the name of the mod in the right-hand side of the OBMM screen. (icon should turn blue)

I don't have any file \Oblivion\obmm\omod where I can copy my OMOD file into. And with "Oblivion Mod Manager" you mean the option in the Oblivion Launcher right? In germany where I come from, there is no such title in the launcher, but an option called roughly translated "game-files". There can I turn my mods on and off.

I use and recommend NoMaaM BBB Animation Replacer. It comes with the option to install it from an OMOD which includes the installation script walking you through the various options for BMF (Breast Movement Factor), breathing idles etc.

I read the description and I Think it is only for HGEC Body and not for DMRA (what I use). So maybe it doesn't work for me.

The thing to keep in mind when installing replacer mods (mods that replace vanilla Oblivion assets) is that installation order is important. Any files that a replacer mod installs need to be named exactly the same as the vanilla game and located in exactly the correct folder structure. That means that whichever replacer mod you install last will overwrite any same named files from any replacer mod you installed beforehand. You can use this to your advantage if you know what files a replacer mod includes by planning out your installation order so that what is in place at the end is what you want. You can also go in later using Windows Explorer and individually replace files with ones you want from other replacers as long as you follow the rules for file names and placement.

I know the importance of the order I installed the mods, but I am sure that the order is correct. At first I installed the whole game with both addons (NOTN & SI), then came the skeleton and the DMRA body over it came the BBB for DMRA. Next was the clothing and armor requirements and over that the modification from Saaya I posted on page three. The sexywalk mod came at last.

No, by "Oblivion Mod Manager" we mean, "Oblivion Mod Manager" which is a completely separate program. You can find it here on the Nexus, its left as an exercise to the reader to figure out how.

I read the description and I Think it is only for HGEC Body and not for DMRA (what I use). So maybe it doesn't work for me.

The DMRA body IS the HGEC body, just altered. Animations and textures that work with HGEC work perfectly fine with DMRA.

Just so we're talking about the same thing here is a link to Oblivion Mod Manager. I suggest you download the 'obmm 1_1_12 full installer' version. That will give you a zip file 'obmm_1_1_12_full_installer-2097.zip' which will extract to the file 'obmm_setup.exe'. Run the exe and it will put the proper folders and files in place.

If you use Oblivion Mod Manager to install a mod then you can use it to activate the mod. If you manually install a mod you can either use OBMM to activate the manually installed mod or you can use the Oblivion game launcher option 'Data Files' to activate the manually installed mod. Either way will work but if you do activate manually installed mods using the game launcher Data Files you will wind up with a bunch of mods that don't show as activated in OBMM (but they do show as properly activated in Data Files and work properly ... just pointing out a potentially confusing situation).

• 3 years later...

Im trying to install NoMaam BBB Animation replacer too for omod but its not showing in omod and I cant find the omod folder in the obmm folder :/ what do i do?

Edited by Dubstep123

You can either copy or move the downloaded file NoMaaM BBB Animation Replacer V3_1 OMOD-35551-3-1.omod to your Oblivion\obmm\mods folder or just double click on the downloaded OMOD and if Oblivion Mod Manager is installed correctly it will open and you will be prompted by the install script to select your options.