Parallax Textures

mylastsong18

Okay so i've been modding skyrim since 2014. I usually just go with a base HD texture mod and some mods that add in new functionality. I recently reinstalled Windows and i wanted to do a fresh start with my mods since most are no longer updated and supported. I downloaded the 4K Parallax Skyrim by Pfuscher and this might sound like a stupid question but should i still use a base HD texture pack? Like the Skyrim HD 2k textures or no because i am using the parallax one? Just a bit confused, haven't messed with parallax mods before so i don't entirely know if a base HD texture mod is needed or not. I am thinking its not but figured i'd ask

You can normally still use the hd texture packs. Just look at what already has parallax from the hd texture pack you want.. Some hd packs include parallax.

For all paralax you will need a high quality enb and set fixparalaxbugs to true.

If things do get overwritten (or want to get overwritten) be sure to check if it still comes out fine.

I did use parallax mods before with noble skyrim and water enhancers. It worked fine, but the land close to water came out a little off sometimes. But as with most mods, Effects and experience might vary from area to area lol.