Problem with yuravica armors.

serverofadown

Any of the FLY series from yuravica that I have checked out have all been organized the same way, as simple replacer mods. Once you extract the downloaded Mithril_remodel-41039-1.7z (preferably to a folder, either on your desktop or, as I do, to a named subfolder in the OblivionDownloads folder you've created) what you'll find is a readme.txt file and a folder named meshes. Because this download will only replace the vanilla mithril armor with this version no esp is required. You will however need to have something called archive invalidation enabled for the game to use this newer version of mithril armor instead of the original. The easiest way to do that is select the Utilities button on the right hand side of the Oblivion Mod Manager window, then Archive invalidation from the menu presented and then BSA Redirection (no other options required, and this is a do once and leave it alone afterwards solution). The only other caveat is if you are using the Steam version of the game you may need to reset your BSA dates back to 2006, as for some reason Steam changes them to present day and some replacers will then appear to be older than the BSA files from Steam. You can use File Date Changer 1.61 for that.

So once you have the file Mithril_remodel-41039-1.7z extracted all you need to do is copy the folder 'meshes' to the 'Data folder of your Oblivion install. If you right click on the meshes folder from your extracted download you would select Copy from the right click menu. Then navigate to your Oblivion install folder and right click on the Data folder found there. Select paste from the right click menu. You will be presented with a prompt about there already being a folder named meshes. Select 'Yes to all', as in this case the folders are all that is being replaced ... the files in the folders will not be the same as any you currently have installed unless you have previously installed a mithril armor replacer. In that case, if you now want to use the FLY version you can still safely overwrite, and then the game will use the FLY version instead of whatever other version of mithril replacer you used before.

Two simple rules to remember from all this ... 1) When more than one replacer for the same item is installed, whichever is installed last is what the game will display and 2) When copy and pasting the rule is, for folders always paste into one folder level higher than you copied and for files always paste into the folder you want the file to be in.

Ahh very informative, thank you! Though I found my issue was a little different, it was mainly because OOO Likes to add in "Worn Leather Cuirass" or "Dark Night Elven" etc that it replaces very little of the armor. Now if only I could find a way to replace that...I imagine I would need a very specific patch that may no exist. :P

But thank you very much for the reply! :)

Make sure you install your replacer mod after you install OOO. Make sure that the esp loads after anything from OOO. Doing this should ensure that you get your armor instead of what OOO installs.