Skyrim patch downloading right NOW (pc)

SHO3LACE

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah and you get xbox shadows on a cpu bottleneck. :laugh: Im still returning it.

After they get your money, they just go deaf on your ears and the only thing they seem to cr*p out is more of the drm.

Not a single word about the real issues.

So if this is their policy, as a customer, there is apparently only one way you can show your appreciation: Return the game and re-buy at a later date, if at all.

Edited by Nadimos

We are now one step closer to the removal of true private ownership. Your games, your movies, and your music will soon be at the mercy of corporations. So say goodbye to your DVDs and your CDs, and say hello to streaming entertainment. Paying for usage, and not for property. Pirating is only a scapegoat for having control over you.

I just remembered one funny article from long time ago:

"Disney just implemented new DRM to their DVDs. After certain amout of uses they will selfdestruct leaving the user only with a pile of ash and lots of work cleaning the DVD player"

Now it is coming true not only with digital downloads, but even with bought physical copies of games.

Seems that only thing that will be left is my Vinyl and CD collection. NOONE can take that away from me... muhuhehehehe. And I will be wandering Skyrim while listening to Mike Oldfield and only in my fantasy. This is unfortunately very prone to cheating, but very mod friendly at the same time. :P

Edited by Bunik

Anyone mention the reason why steam is forced is because of money? Think about it... Steam is an online distributer of games, so they have advertizing. By forcing you to launch via steam they hope that you will buy products from them. I think this is the real evil, not drm. Steam has been putting their foot in the door like this for a long time. I bought a GPU back in 2006 and it came with the game Lost planet. It was a full retail disk but had steam(optional install). Just have to face the fact, with Skyrim they haven't put their foot in the door, they've put it up your .......

There's already a mod posted which fixes the issue, just like the popular 4GB work-around for New Vegas (it's even by the same author).

So, all of you people complaining about Steam (even though it's actually Bethesda who made the decision to do this) can rest easy.

This little thing works only for some people tho. For me and quiete few people I spoke with, only thing it does is causing a crash on startup.

And complaining is good. Also all one can do about this. So enjoy it while it lasts, if there's enough of it, maybe, just maybe they will try to fix this bul in the next patch.

Anyone mention the reason why steam is forced is because of money? Think about it... Steam is an online distributer of games, so they have advertizing. By forcing you to launch via steam they hope that you will buy products from them. I think this is the real evil, not drm. Steam has been putting their foot in the door like this for a long time. I bought a GPU back in 2006 and it came with the game Lost planet. It was a full retail disk but had steam(optional install). Just have to face the fact, with Skyrim they haven't put their foot in the door, they've put it up your .......

Actually Yes it does have to do with money, however I think its a little deeper than what you think, See EA GAMES has removed STEAM as a distributor and is going with their "Origin" so getting a high profile company like Bethesda to use Steam Exclusively is well... ...yeah...

Actually Yes it does have to do with money, however I think its a little deeper than what you think, See EA GAMES has removed STEAM as a distributor and is going with their "Origin" so getting a high profile company like Bethesda to use Steam Exclusively is well... ...yeah...

Everyone is trying to get in on online distribution, that's a given. There is a deal somewhere and that's why Steam is "forced" with Skyrim. It's a money grab.

As for EA, I think it's fair for them to earn all the money on the products they produce. Not to mention EA has been the pioneer of all the money grabs that other companies are following. Such as paying for content you can unlock by playing the game.

We are now one step closer to the removal of true private ownership. Your games, your movies, and your music will soon be at the mercy of corporations. So say goodbye to your DVDs and your CDs, and say hello to streaming entertainment. Paying for usage, and not for property. Pirating is only a scapegoat for having control over you.

I'm not sure if You are aware of it...but that happened ages ago. You never could own a game, because it's intellectual property, You always only were granted a licence to play it, just like You don't own the songs that are recorded on a CD You buy in shop, nor the movie You buy on DVD nor You do not hold any ownership of the story written in book. All those things are and always were owned by their respective creators and You only buy right to enjoy it on terms They set, EULA shadiness aside.

Well you can right click on skyrim in steam, go properties and to local files,and then validate game property(I think), It will place a exe back and makes you able to play