Skyrim patch downloading right NOW (pc)

SHO3LACE

But WHY?

This just reeks of HERP DERP IM AN IDIOT by the devs, and none of their previous attitudes pre-release (ie, not using the steam memory encryption, for the very sake of script extenders being possible) match up with this. The very fact that no LAA makes high-res texture mods impossible, and was intended, to boot, makes me think something is afoot.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's definitely not done anything to my game. It still works fine, *and* I'm using the Enhanced Shaders mod, which is incredibly prone to crashing.

Anyone know what this bloke is on about? http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1284506-how-to-use-falloutnv-4gb-launcher-with-skyrim/

i found this on gamefaqs

UPDATE 1.1 NOTES

BUG FIXES

General optimizations related to stability and performance.

Essential followers recover properly if player fast travels away.

Fixed rare instances of dragons flying improperly though objects after player exits an interior.

Fixed rare instance where the a music track would not stop playing properly.

Autosave message properly displays when going through a load door.

The fifth level of the Light Fingers perk correctly calculates the Pickpocket skill bonus.

Enchanting an item to improve the Sneak skill properly calculates the bonus to the player's Sneak skill.

Enchanting an item to improve the Lockpick skill properly calculates the bonus to the player's Lockpick skill.

Corpus Enchanter perk properly calculates bonuses to stats for the player’s new enchantments.

QUEST FIXES

Fixed rare issue where a character would not arrive properly to the Thalmor Embassy during Diplomatic Immunity.

Rescue/Attack on Fort Neugrad will trigger properly if player travels to Fort Neugrad by foot.

In To Kill an Empire, Gianna will now talk to player with certain diseases.

Fixed rare instance of Civil War battle not starting properly if player receives a Companions quest from Farkas.

During Brelyna's Practice, fixed rare issue where the player could be permanently invisible.

Triggering combat in Largashbur no longer stops progression to The Cursed Tribe.

Fixed rare instance where fighting a Civil War battle during The Fallen would prevent the Jarl of Whiterun from accepting their axe in Message to Whiterun.

In The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller, fixed rare instance where Arngeir would not teach player the last word of Unrelenting Force.

In Taking Care of Business, fixed issue where Brynjolf would not give player this quest if Talen Jei was dead.

That was the pre release patch.

i found this on gamefaqs

UPDATE 1.1 NOTES

BUG FIXES

Fixed rare instances of dragons flying improperly though objects after player exits an interior.

The fifth level of the Light Fingers perk correctly calculates the Pickpocket skill bonus.

Enchanting an item to improve the Sneak skill properly calculates the bonus to the player's Sneak skill.

Enchanting an item to improve the Lockpick skill properly calculates the bonus to the player's Lockpick skill.

Corpus Enchanter perk properly calculates bonuses to stats for the player’s new enchantments.

QUEST FIXES

Fixed rare issue where a character would not arrive properly to the Thalmor Embassy during Diplomatic Immunity.

Rescue/Attack on Fort Neugrad will trigger properly if player travels to Fort Neugrad by foot.

Fixed rare instance of Civil War battle not starting properly if player receives a Companions quest from Farkas.

During Brelyna's Practice, fixed rare issue where the player could be permanently invisible.

Triggering combat in Largashbur no longer stops progression to The Cursed Tribe.

Fixed rare instance where fighting a Civil War battle during The Fallen would prevent the Jarl of Whiterun from accepting their axe in Message to Whiterun.

In The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller, fixed rare instance where Arngeir would not teach player the last word of Unrelenting Force.

In Taking Care of Business, fixed issue where Brynjolf would not give player this quest if Talen Jei was dead.

Thank you for this. If only they would have fixed Blood on the ice not triggering! :( I want the hjerim house!

BTW, pirates always go around steam for its games. Meaning, this patch is not gonna be holding them back in any way. When they want to patch the game, they do it after the patch is cracked too lol. Just focus on the quality of your games and the rest will follow...

Here is what worked for me. I'm on Win 7 Ultimate if it matters.

Go offline with Steam. Then right click the Skyrim launcher icon on the desktop. Choose "RESTORE PREVIOUS VERSIONS"

Should see your backups, choose the one dated prior to todays.

Game ran with fine that way.

Also, make a backup of that once you replace the bad update

i found this on gamefaqs

UPDATE 1.1 NOTES

BUG FIXES

QUEST FIXES

They didn't even fix Esbern? Are you kidding me?!

Also add me to them that suddenly get a lot of CTDs. I haven't modded a thing but now I get crashes about every ten minutes while before I got maybe a couple a day.

i found this on gamefaqs

UPDATE 1.1 NOTES

BUG FIXES

QUEST FIXES

They didn't even fix Esbern? Are you kidding me?!

Also add me to them that suddenly get a lot of CTDs. I haven't modded a thing but now I get crashes about every ten minutes while before I got maybe a couple a day.

I can tell you how to fix Esbern, it involves downloading something though, so it's your choice.

(The item to download is from the Nexus though, so, yeah... :P)

Edited by Schrii

I'm using the steam version and don't have any issues(well no issues that cause crashes). I've only had one crash since release thankfully. Reading everything so far has made me count my blessings. Now that being said... I have broken quests, I have glitches like crazy, but no crashes.

Like most people I'll wait for mods around this and other issues.

I saw this coming, but why so late? I figured this would have been second day patch or something.

Edited by SHIROryuu