Skyrim patch downloading right NOW (pc)

SHO3LACE

Well eff this. There's no way I'm downloading this patch (I've had it running in offline mode since I got it).

I paid a lot for this game, and I use a lot of mods to make it pretty. Bethesda, I will NOT let you make my game ugly again! After waiting in line for an hour or two for the midnight release and buying it *with* the guide, I should be able to play it how I want, not how *you* want.

>.<

Oh don't be so harsh. They don't tell you how to play, they just restrict you from playing. At all.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LAA is "Large Address Aware" it allows the game to use more then 2gb of memory for it's operation. As it is now, it's limited to 2GBs, and with this steam patch, it will remain like that. I think the only reason they did this is because the old TESV exe bypassed Steam completely, and that was messing with the system they have in place.

Like the thread i just started, Steam has stopped all of my Skyrim playing! We should all boycot steam and go back to the days when we had to go to gamestop or whatever, and physically buy the game! I still buy some games off of ebay, like Black and White 2, or Homeworld 2!

Like the thread i just started, Steam has stopped all of my Skyrim playing! We should all boycot steam and go back to the days when we had to go to gamestop or whatever, and physically buy the game! I still buy some games off of ebay, like Black and White 2, or Homeworld 2!

I went to the store and bought it. Didn't really help me much tho, did it?

I'll just try to muster the last bits of faith I have and will believe they will fix this...somewhow. Like perhaps enabling LAA with the next patch. Yes...that's... very likely. ... Yes.

*cough*

So far only fixing is not talking about it and deleting every post mentioning word "exe" on Beth forums tho, hope that's not final :rolleyes:

It just updated to me, removed the TESV.exe and now when I start steam and click play it goes to the same launcher menu over and over -.- my mind is starting to wonder where is my money back steam?Can´t start the game and yesterday I could -.- anyone knows how to fix this?

EDIT:Pasted my TESV.exe back up back into skyrim´s folder and the launch menu via steam works fine, they removed the TESV and it disables the play option for me.Is everyone having this problem?

Edited by scot

I recommend all of you to fight back with your wallet and return the game, because it is defective.

They promised high-res textures for pc, but gave us a low-res mess, that is riddled with compression artifacts (honestly nobody on pc cares if they have to download more) and now they encrypt the exe, so you cannot patch it to 4gb,

making the game fequently crash.

Bethesda said they were gonna support modding, but senseless corporate people just destroyed it and so far there has been not the slightest response.

Simply said, this is not the way of how you treat your honored customers.

The line needs to be drawn here:

PS: You can always re-buy it at a later date, but this will send them a clear message. Unfortunately it is the only one they understand, as otherwise they seem to be completly deaf on their ears.

Edited by Nadimos