Skyrim patch downloading right NOW (pc)

SHO3LACE

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully I always make a copy of the original install game folder before I start modding. I labeled it Skyrim - Vanilla and I keep it bone stock. I copied the .exe from there into my real Skyrim folder and it works. It has not tried to update yet. If it does I will replace it again. Like many of you, I crash outdoors unless I run that .exe with the 4gig override. I suggest that modders make backups. We say it all the time but few listen. I also suggest, and please forgive me for rant, that Steam you suck!!! I underestimated the shear stupidity of corporate America. I cannot believe that these absolute morons would take a game that is largely popular because of modding and make it unmoddable. I never liked steam but now I despise it. And Bethesda is retarded for letting them do it.

My game keeps crashing now. It won't even load. ^^^^

I screwed up and didn't keep an original version of the game. I've mad so many changes, I have no idea what could be conflicting with the new patch. But I guess I'm going to have to uninstall the entire game, and then re-install using steam. What a bummer. So many mods.

I cant start the game at all :confused:

I bought the game trough steam and when I used it to start skyrim I got the launcher. Then it asked to check the graphics for it to set. I thought that was odd but ok. accepted it and went to check on loose files on data and start. nothing, just a reload of the launcher and unable to start the game. I have been :wallbash: since.

im waiting to see if there is a fix for it, if not I might try a reinstall - tho my hope for that to work isnt exactly high.

Edited by Wolves425

it just "fix" being able to launch skyrim without steam active via the tesV.exe since the DRM was only in the launcher exe like fa3.

Sarcasm aside, what does the patch actually fix?

According to the Bethesda forums....

Patch Notes:

Fixed angle of grass

Tweaked hue of tree trunks

Oh, Bethesda... just release the creation kit already and go away. Let the modders take it from here :P