Skyrim patch downloading right NOW (pc)

SHO3LACE

Would you guys like if i uploaded the LAA Patched exe on skyrimnexus? Can i do that?

I think you would help a lot of people (myself included) by doing this. Not sure how illegal it is to do it, but if Nexus does not allow it, maybe use a site like megaupload or something.

At least until steam and Bethesda sort this mess out.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you guys like if i uploaded the LAA Patched exe on skyrimnexus? Can i do that?

Please do this! I can't even start my game anymore. :(

Please don't do this. The TesV.exe is a copyrighted file and uploading here will get you banned. Instead post to the beth and steam sites with your concern over the effects of this bogus patch.

Bben46, Moderator

Patch works for me. I bought the game on CD though, which works together with Steam. I don't see it being a huge setback, someone will make a work around. Besides that, when I seen that skyrim was downloading, I was like "OMG THEY"RE GOING TO FIX MY GAME CRASHING EVERY 20 MINUTES!" but then I seen the patch notes "fixed grass and trees". Then my happiness turned to rage and then I was like "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU".

Maybe I should just wait for an unofficial patch instead of something from bethesda.

Edited by eagledude4

Use Nexus Mod Manager people to avoid having to make back ups and reinstalls, then crack the game. There is nothing illegal about cracking a game that you have legally paid for. It will circumvent all this nonsense.

If you live in the US... (The DMCA does in fact allow for DRM to be circumvented if the primary purpose (in this case, being able to use a legit licensed product) is NOT copyright infraction)

Not sure about other countries.

I think you would help a lot of people (myself included) by doing this. Not sure how illegal it is to do it, but if Nexus does not allow it, maybe use a site like megaupload or something.

At least until steam and Bethesda sort this mess out.

Yea, i'm uploading to mediafire right now i included all the previous original exe's too. I'll just upload a txt that will link you to the download location.

Use Nexus Mod Manager people to avoid having to make back ups and reinstalls, then crack the game. There is nothing illegal about cracking a game that you have legally paid for. It will circumvent all this nonsense.

This is what I just did and LAA works again. This being said, a word of caution, in some countries cracking a game you legally own can be illegal. My country is considering a bill right now that would make breaking a digital lock no matter the circumstances illegal. But who cares. Short version, until Steam undoes what they just did, we'll all have to deal with the gray area and use cracked EXEs

Fortunately I kept a back-up so I have simply replaced the files and now it works again.

I swear the only thing they accomplish with their DRM crap is annoy the *** out of people who still are willing to buy games. If anything, it encourages people to just dl a pirated copy that works fine without it.