ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Improving the Blades

Logiwink

Guys, first of all well done. I've been reading all of this and it sounds really awesome. The topic of becoming Emperor\High King came up a couple of times and while I agree that it is outside the scope of this mod, I'd like to draw your attention to this mod: The Dragonborn RebellionHowever I don't know if the author still has any intention of doing it. If he does, you could maybe contact him and work on linking the two mods. Edited by sceluk

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, sorry I haven't been active lately...Star Wars: The Old Republic is eating up my time and I've let Skyrim fall away for some time. Hope the mod is progressing smoothly.

i don't know if anyone has suggested havent this but what i am thinking is that when you get the blacksmith he can create types of weapons and armor based on what your skills are set

so if you have a good amount of perks in say Archery, Sneak and lets say Light Armor he will give you a set of armor and weapons set up like this

One blades bow with a bonus that has say +20 - 25 to Archery and a plus to attack like say +20 to fire damage

Gauntlets give +20 to sneak

Boots +15 to pickpocket

armor +25 to light armor

helmet +15 to lockpicking

and all the armor is light but to get this armor it would require a quest that you say get the requred ores and crafting bits so for the bow say firewood, dragon bones or scales that is base then the blade deco say gold and ebony

for the armor dragon bones and scales and same type of deco

then i was thinking that the jobs you send your recruits and stuff out on could be perk based as well or you can give different strategies for instance say you send a thief/assassin on a job you could give a strat to them if you are a sneak char and improve odds

or in battles if you are archer give better ways for other archers to fight or if two handed five gaurds tips that sort of thing

i also have another suggestion this one has probally been said but maybe you could implanament random acts like when you go the place up and running you can run across blades attacking thalmor in the forest or a squad of two the three pop out and help in random encounters i'm sure people could of more things like i know there are the vigilants of stendar who roam around to kill vamps and werewolves and other stuff so maybe you set up some blades on this coding so that they roam around looking for thalmor to fight or help out towns or something in need

sorry if i have said things already said

and weapons should get unique names as well if you implement like for a bow you get something like the flaming blade's bow or you rename when you get them

Edited by zzzpandamanzzz

First of all, amazings ideas here. Second, I havn't read through the 30 pages (got as far as page 17) so sorry if this has been said.

I have two (somewhat far fetched) comments

first regarding a possible thalmor plot. My character sided with the stormcloacks and kicked the imperials and thus thalmor influence out of skyrim. It would therefor be a little strange would the thalmors still have a major military base left in Skyrim. Maybe the Thalmors should be more a cloack and dagger faction. With this I'm mostly refering to the possible thalmor attack on SHT. I don't think they should come in with guns blazing. But I think they should try to infiltrate the blades, possibly get the players blood (to open the gate to SHT themself) etc ec.

Second remark is regarding the blades armor. As has been mentioned many times here the blades in this mod should be a stealthy faction as to not draw to much attention. It can be assumed that blade armor is well know (especially to thalmor agents). So a group of people dressed like blades fighting dragons is bound to attract attention. Therefor I think the blades should have different armor when they go dragon hunting. Possibly after a couple of kill dragon missions some dragonscale armor for some of the main characters in the mod? It would stand to reason that the blades would gather up a good deal of dragon bones and scales during there travel.

Just my two cents. I'm really looking forward to playing this some day.

If any help is required (perhaps voice acting or play testing) let me know!

Cheers

I would prefer it if there is a lost bloodline of the Septims, that it's the player who is the last member of the bloodline, because as Dragonborn, he pretty much is, it doesn't make sense, at least to me for some random unknown to take the throne when there's a Dragonborn right in front of them, and since you are the last Dragonborn, it would only make sense, you become the new Emperor, just like Talos did in his day, maybe even receive some kind of help or vision from Talos in the process of reclaiming the throne.

For the revenue, they could rely on the player, they could sell their Dragon Hunting experience and hunt a dragon that is terrorizing a village/town/city, the player's shop investments could help as well, they could open a shop (under a false identiey to hide from the Thalmor while they build). As for joining Ulfric Stormcloak, no, just no. That man is a self-centered, egotistical, bastard, who only wants to be High King, I helped him in the Rebellion, then killed him.

I really like that idea. ^ They do mention throughout the lore that the emperors are meant to be dragonborn. So lore wise, you are meant to be the high-king/ high-queen, and the blades are meant to protect you.

I don't want to kill paarthunax either. =[ He was awesome. And a questline to wipe-out the Thalmor would release a lot of pent up aggression.

Just wanted to post here and say how excited I am to see this mod develop. It's a lot more than I actually wanted, when I got the blades recruitment tasks, I was sad that I could only get 3, basically all I wanted was a mod to make it so you can get more Blades Recruits, but this is much bigger and better! Cannot wait!

As cool as it would be to recruit Dragons, I don't see that working with the Blades' Lore. An alternate path to killing Paarthurnax to ANYTHING that does not involve killing him is cool and ok but recruiting Dragon for the Blades? I don't see it happening. The Dragon recruitment part would have to be a separate mod, done without the Blades in mind.