Improving the Blades

Logiwink

I really dont care if half of this stuff isnt included its all good but if all that you do is get rid of that damned Paarthurnax quest i will be happy.

2 reasons for this

1. Paarthurnax is a bit of a badass

2. i cant kill him because ive finished the game (may be a console command? idk)

Harithwa

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, love the idea although unless they would help the Dragonborn become Emperor or High King of Skyrim it would seem odd to have them and you with them help another become Emperor becasue although they served as body guards to the Emperor before that was only becasue he was Dragonborn. or atleast that's what I have read.

Just read through all 32 pages. One thing I noticed was that Dragon Priests were never mentioned. Since it is very easy to kill them all before installing this mod, I think a trophy stand for the masks would be a good idea. SPOILER: Something similar to the one in Labyrinthian, but not the same one. I don't mean not the same design, mind you. It's just that the vanilla stand removes any improvements you have made for the masks. Also, it does not have a place for the wooden mask.

I also want to add my 2 cents on the whole high king/emperor thing. Assuming it could be put into the mod in the first place, a Septim that is anything but a Nord, or perhaps an Imperial, is not realistic. It would be pretty strange to have a Khajiit ruling Skyrim.

edit: Just thought of a good template for the special Dragonborn/Grandmaster Armor. Under the description of this mod, take a look at the Champion Armor textures. you would obviously need to ask permission from the creator, even if we want to change the design around a bit.

Edited by asorel

These are all nice ideas but I think Bethesda purposely left the Blades underdeveloped so they can release a DLC in the future... Many ideas mentioned above will probably get done in a DLC similar to the Knight of the Nine.

These are all nice ideas but I think Bethesda purposely left the Blades underdeveloped so they can release a DLC in the future... Many ideas mentioned above will probably get done in a DLC similar to the Knight of the Nine.

I'm almost certain Beth will add blades DLC. However, there is no guarantee that it will be as good as this, or when it will come out.

Edited by asorel

I'm almost certain Beth will add blades DLC. However, there is no guarantee that it will be as good as this, or when it will come out.

Seriously ?

All i've seen in bethesda DLC was NEW content, not filling/completing story arc lacking...

Perhaps also have a choice: Once you finish all the Blades quests (if you've done them before the civil war quests) you can make them join a side in the war, or stay neutral. I think they'd gravitate toward fighting with the Stormcloaks against the Thalmor, but they are the Blades, so the Empire is in their blood. It would take some convincing either way by the player.

I wouldn't really say the Empire is in their blood - any more, at least. In Oblivion, it's made very clear that they don't answer to the Elder Council and the Empire, but rather directly to the Emperor. They serve the dragon blood, and not the institution. After Septim line was extinguished, they were cast adrift and began to act as an autonomous intelligence/espionage agency, working for their own good.

The Empire also sold them out in the White-Gold Concordant, in which the Thalmor requested they serve Blades agents' heads on a platter... which they did. To be honest, that's one of the reasons I can't see a Thalmor attack on the HQ being a good idea. One of the primary goals of the Thalmor overall, not just in Skyrim, is the total extinction of the Blades. You can look at their dossiers on Esbern and Delphine to see that.

If the Thalmor ever discovered that there was an intact Blades stronghold, it'd be besieged by an army within weeks/months of the discovery, with the Thalmor exerting pressure on the Imperial Legion to take an active stance. After all, the Thalmor would probably say that the Blades setting up shop in Skyrim and the Empire doing nothing about it constitutes as a breach of treaty and act of war.

The Temple's best defence is probably secrecy.

i like all the ideas i have seen but couldn't bring myself to read all 30 pages there was for me

i instantly thought the blades needed more when i got to sky haven temple and recruited the measly three recruits, so i thouraly support this mod A+ for all involved.

Edited by Bobzz

The Empire also sold them out in the White-Gold Concordant, in which the Thalmor requested they serve Blades agents' heads on a platter... which they did. To be honest, that's one of the reasons I can't see a Thalmor attack on the HQ being a good idea. One of the primary goals of the Thalmor overall, not just in Skyrim, is the total extinction of the Blades. You can look at their dossiers on Esbern and Delphine to see that.

If the Thalmor ever discovered that there was an intact Blades stronghold, it'd be besieged by an army within weeks/months of the discovery, with the Thalmor exerting pressure on the Imperial Legion to take an active stance. After all, the Thalmor would probably say that the Blades setting up shop in Skyrim and the Empire doing nothing about it constitutes as a breach of treaty and act of war.

This is a good point, it is important not to underestimate the hold which the Thalmor have over the Empire. However, if the Blades were to be discovered and agitated by the Thalmor alone, without Imperial knowledge or negotiation, it is possible that the Dominion would see fit to take care of the problem themselves instead of trying to force the already-delicate Empire to get involved. It almost seems like the Thalmor have a personal vendetta with the Blades (even greater than that for the Empire), and they only used the Empire to do their dirty work during the Concordat negotiations. Since the war for the Empire has pretty much been won, the Thalmor might be more likely to deal with the acute threats like the Blades without Imperial involvement.

This is a good point, it is important not to underestimate the hold which the Thalmor have over the Empire. However, if the Blades were to be discovered and agitated by the Thalmor alone, without Imperial knowledge or negotiation, it is possible that the Dominion would see fit to take care of the problem themselves instead of trying to force the already-delicate Empire to get involved. It almost seems like the Thalmor have a personal vendetta with the Blades (even greater than that for the Empire), and they only used the Empire to do their dirty work during the Concordat negotiations. Since the war for the Empire has pretty much been won, the Thalmor might be more likely to deal with the acute threats like the Blades without Imperial involvement.

yes i think you right also you could also have something like nearby thalmor troop movements spot sky-haven and decide to check it out and so parthurnax comes and tells you and you have to intercept there messenger before the rest of the thalmor find out then the dragon born has to go defend sky-haven

or it could even be that visiting the temple a certain number of times sets this off minus parthurnax