Improving the Blades

Logiwink

I would prefer it if there is a lost bloodline of the Septims, that it's the player who is the last member of the bloodline, because as Dragonborn, he pretty much is, it doesn't make sense, at least to me for some random unknown to take the throne when there's a Dragonborn right in front of them, and since you are the last Dragonborn, it would only make sense, you become the new Emperor, just like Talos did in his day, maybe even receive some kind of help or vision from Talos in the process of reclaiming the throne.

For the revenue, they could rely on the player, they could sell their Dragon Hunting experience and hunt a dragon that is terrorizing a village/town/city, the player's shop investments could help as well, they could open a shop (under a false identiey to hide from the Thalmor while they build). As for joining Ulfric Stormcloak, no, just no. That man is a self-centered, egotistical, bastard, who only wants to be High King, I helped him in the Rebellion, then killed him.

But what if the player is a beast race....

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would prefer it if there is a lost bloodline of the Septims, that it's the player who is the last member of the bloodline, because as Dragonborn, he pretty much is, it doesn't make sense, at least to me for some random unknown to take the throne when there's a Dragonborn right in front of them, and since you are the last Dragonborn, it would only make sense, you become the new Emperor, just like Talos did in his day, maybe even receive some kind of help or vision from Talos in the process of reclaiming the throne.

For the revenue, they could rely on the player, they could sell their Dragon Hunting experience and hunt a dragon that is terrorizing a village/town/city, the player's shop investments could help as well, they could open a shop (under a false identiey to hide from the Thalmor while they build). As for joining Ulfric Stormcloak, no, just no. That man is a self-centered, egotistical, bastard, who only wants to be High King, I helped him in the Rebellion, then killed him.

Well that's really only your opinion. I mean I for one respect Ulfric Stormcloaks and joining him would make a lot of sense.

Well that's really only your opinion. I mean I for one respect Ulfric Stormcloaks and joining him would make a lot of sense.

What if you've already killed him? Or Tulius? Even putting that fact aside, I think the blades should stay largely undercover. The less people who know about it, the smaller chance there is of the Thalmor getting wind of it.

There are some good ideas coming out here, I just wanted to take a quick chance to plug the Sourceforge page, linked in the OP. We could use some active new faces around there. ;)

Great concept. I have an idea; playing strictly as a Blade in both Skyrim and Oblivion felt very limited. You were restricted to only wearing heavy armor, and a using a longsword. It would be a nice addition to have a larger variety of weapons and armor such as a Blades version of leather armor, or Blades Battlemage armor.

Great concept. I have an idea; playing strictly as a Blade in both Skyrim and Oblivion felt very limited. You were restricted to only wearing heavy armor, and a using a longsword. It would be a nice addition to have a larger variety of weapons and armor such as a Blades version of leather armor, or Blades Battlemage armor.

Who said you could only play as a blade? the main point of games like Skyrim and Oblivion is the vast, open world, where you can do anything.

Who said you could only play as a blade? the main point of games like Skyrim and Oblivion is the vast, open world, where you can do anything.

Yes I understand that. What I was getting at was that if you wanted to play as a Blades oriented character their wasn't that much that made you stand out from the standard warrior type character.

Hey,

I was directed here from a comment in my mod - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=8426 - Which gives players the option to not kill Paarthurnax. But I mentioned in my mod description that I wanted to expand the Blades and Thalmor factions since they are so horribly under-represented. Something that allows the player another civil war type thing to join either the Thalmor or continue with the blades. From what I see here this mod is focusing heavily on the blades, I dunno but it seems like a better use of my time to work on this mod since it seems to have so much support already.

My primary skill is modeling and animation, though I have no idea of the integration pipeline so that would be new. I'm passingly familiar with the creation kit and making quests, as well as writing, and audio (i.e. editing sound, dialogue etc)

One thing I would mention (forgive me if its already been said) but the Thalmor should be a critical and important part of this mod. And come into the quests very early, since the lore of the game suggests they are still actively hunting and killing blades where they can find them.

Let me know if you think I could be helpful on this mod. (I'm in my last year of uni so my time is very limited for the next 3 months)

Cheers